home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-19-2018, 04:09 PM   #11
jrm1504
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsheffi View Post
They are saying that she is an elderly lady and she had trouble signing the documents electronically and she doesn't drive, so she's going to have her son or daughter bring her in this Friday to sign them. I told the agent that I would give them until Friday (which will be 2 1/2 weeks).
That sounds more than fair.

Seems like a pretty weak excuse though. Why would an elderly lady that can't drive have DVC. Figured she would have sold it before she got to the state of not being able to drive any longer.
2007 DW All Star Sports
2011 DW Port Orleans French Quarter
2012 DW Dolphin
2013 DW BCV (our wedding)
2015 DW BLT (son's 1st b'day)
2015 VWL
2016 DL Grand Cal
2018 BLT and BWV

jrm1504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 04:12 PM   #12
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
They are saying that she is an elderly lady and she had trouble signing the documents electronically and she doesn't drive, so she's going to have her son or daughter bring her in this Friday to sign them. I told the agent that I would give them until Friday (which will be 2 1/2 weeks).
that's plausible. Just plan on this taking an extra couple weeks on the tail end too when she'll have to have the documents notarized.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 04:22 PM   #13
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm1504 View Post

Seems like a pretty weak excuse though. Why would an elderly lady that can't drive have DVC. Figured she would have sold it before she got to the state of not being able to drive any longer.
Maybe her kids were using it or maybe it wasn't being used at all.

Either way, good luck avsheffi.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:07 PM   #14
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm1504 View Post

To be fair, not everyone drives and many are still able/ambulatory. They just don't drive. My grandmother never did. Could be she thought she could do it electronically and just is failing for whatever reason at home.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:00 PM   #15
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Yes, the check has been cashed and put into escrow with the attorney, but the seller still hasn't signed the contract.
my advice is to contact the attorney directly. They hold the escrow funds.

It is possible that the elderly lady did not manage the DVC contracts and deceased/infirmed hubby managed it.
or
She is recalling fond memories and is reluctant to let them go but family is pushing for the $
(everyone has alternative plans ...).

Last edited by ajc; 06-19-2018 at 07:06 PM.
ajc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:16 PM   #16
MMC1
Grand Villa

2 weeks is not that long. That paperwork is very confusing for someone that only has done this once in their life.
I wish you would have a little patience for this elderly person .She might really need the money.
I understand if you are in need of those points immediately. Call your broker again to get clarification. And then make the decision that is best for you.
Good luck.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:26 PM   #17
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
I do not think two weeks is unrealistic-some of my contracts have taken three weeks for the paper work. However, after having sellers back out after my contract passed ROFR, I can understand your anxiety. If she is elderly, then I would understand the fact that she cannot sign electronically, however, I would also want to make sure her kids are not interested in the contract.

If you feel you got a great deal on the contract, then wait it out, if it is within the average going rate, then you can walk away and find another, possibly at a better price.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:48 AM   #18
h2otraveler
Studio

Quote:
Right before Christmas a couple of years ago my mom was independent, driving, etc.. Then she suddenly ended up in the hospital, had bypass surgery, coded in ICU after surgery, spent 2 months in ICU, then months of rehab, etc.. She hasnít been fit to drive since, although she still lives independently. My mom hates to Ďimposeí and thus hesitates to ask for help beyond the normally scheduled shopping, hairdresser, etc. routine.
The owner may have purchased her DVC when she was in better shape/more independent and now, because she can no longer use her DVC itís time to sell, but for the elderly sometimes accomplishing what seems easy to us isnít easy for them. The loss of independence for the elderly is tough, IME.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:36 AM   #19
avsheffi
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
I wish you would have a little patience for this elderly person .She might really need the money.
Now that I know what's going on, I am trying to understand the delay and give her some time. However, at the end of the day, this is a business transaction. We really want these points since we found the amount, UY and price that we wanted, but we also wanted to get them in a timely manner since we're looking to take advantage of the 11 month advantage for next summer.

avsheffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:48 AM   #20
MMC1
Grand Villa

Next time Can you wait until you know they have signed and returned documents before you actually send money? or just offer small deposit to show guarantee of intent to fulfill?

I wonder how long it will take to get that money back now so you can enter a new contract with different family and hope they are not slow too.

Sorry I am adding to your stress for this. I purchased direct twice and just recently purchased resale and wished I had just gone direct cause of the pain in the b*tt documents, etc...

Last edited by MMC1; 06-20-2018 at 09:57 AM.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote