home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-06-2017, 01:03 PM   #21
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoel View Post
Sorry to perpetuate the "motel" discussion but I was always under the impression a motel was a configuration of room where the door to the room directly faces the outside. Meaning no interior hallways. You open your rooms door and take a step, and you're outside. Proximity parking as well, but a given based on the room configuration.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 01:13 PM   #22
Indy
Add-on Aficionado

Jeremyj ... Welcome to MO (Mouse Owners) ... i had no problem getting a lake view studio at Poly (Polynesian) at the 7 month window .... Good Luck

WDW

Last edited by Indy; 08-06-2017 at 01:21 PM.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 02:08 PM   #23
Jeremyj
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Thanks for the advice

Thank you everyone for the advice. It is greatly appreciated and will help me in the decision making process.
Jeremyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 03:42 PM   #24
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djohn06 View Post
SSR and OKW are very motel like in this regard. Many like this characteristic which is the beauty of DVC diversity. My kids simply think, "It isn't magical".

#firstworldproblems
Except they are considered condo style not motel. Models are considered roadside hotels made for motorists with parking directly outside. SSR and OKW have parking close but not directly outside and not what I see as roadway hotels either.

Not keen on cheapening DVC resorts simply for the exterior condo like doors
Old 08-06-2017, 03:44 PM   #25
LOVINDVC
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
The original poster/profile shows 3 recent threads begun for this same topic.
i think it is time to move along.
Changing Motels at 7 months out
Looking: Poly Resort Studio- June 3-6,2018
Wanted: June 2-6,2018 POINTS OR DAYS AVAILABLE

SSR OWNERS SINCE 2004
LOVINDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 05:54 PM   #26
Disney54us
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Except they are considered condo style not motel. Models are considered roadside hotels made for motorists with parking directly outside. SSR and OKW have parking close but not directly outside and not what I see as roadway hotels either.

Not keen on cheapening DVC resorts simply for the exterior condo like doors
and they are usually a low building, intended for motorists traveling by car. Usually located near a major highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVINDVC View Post
He came here to ask for help/opinion after posting in the wanted thread. Apparently someone contacted him and he had questions about what he was being told. So hopefully he will do his due diligence.

It's not the first time a thread has gotten side tracked.
Disney54us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 06:21 PM   #27
Jcsquirrel
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
I believe that technically a Motel is considered less expensive lodging with parking immediately outside your room but also a place with few amenities- ie, may or may not have a single pool and that's about it. That pulls all DVC off the list of motels.

SSR and OKW are still hotels afaik per most definitions. I'd guess they might fit the definition of a timeshare hotel.
I always understood a motel had no interior hallways, rooms could be accessed direct from outside. I would look at Saratoga as being close to that. The only time this would make any issue would be hurricane season.
Jcsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 06:22 PM   #28
Jcsquirrel
Two Bedroom

Default learn to read

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoel View Post
Sorry to perpetuate the "motel" discussion but I was always under the impression a motel was a configuration of room where the door to the room directly faces the outside. Meaning no interior hallways. You open your rooms door and take a step, and you're outside. Proximity parking as well, but a given based on the room configuration.
That is what I thought, I should have read all of the replies.
Jcsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 06:26 PM   #29
Disney54us
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcsquirrel View Post
I always understood a motel had no interior hallways, rooms could be accessed direct from outside. I would look at Saratoga as being close to that. The only time this would make any issue would be hurricane season.
That is just part of the definition, so because SSR and OKW meets one part doesn't mean it meets the definition of a motel. If I serve you cooked apples with cinnamon doesn't mean you are getting apple pie, but apple pie would be defined having apples in it.
Disney54us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 06:53 PM   #30
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney54us View Post
That is just part of the definition, so because SSR and OKW meets one part doesn't mean it meets the definition of a motel. If I serve you cooked apples with cinnamon doesn't mean you are getting apple pie, but apple pie would be defined having apples in it.
Great analogy.

This was one strange thread drift for sure. Of course now I am curious. do people look at moderates and values as motels too? Hmm....