home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-11-2017, 04:11 PM   #101
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrbazzle View Post
Well, I've been pronouncing it wrong in my head all this time. I thought it was like the city in Montana or the actress in Fight Club.
If it makes you feel better I pronounced the city in Montana wrong for quite a few years growing up.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:53 PM   #102
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
If it makes you feel better I pronounced the city in Montana wrong for quite a few years growing up.
I can remember Helena with no problem. Can't make any promises about Elaine, but I promise not to call you Irene. I'm laughing because I have 2 sisters, and our names all start with M. It could get pretty comical around my house, especially when my Dad was mad at one or more of us. He would finally just resort to numbers since he could remember which one was the oldest, etc.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:59 PM   #103
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
I can remember Helena with no problem. Can't make any promises about Elaine, but I promise not to call you Irene. I'm laughing because I have 2 sisters, and our names all start with M. It could get pretty comical around my house, especially when my Dad was mad at one or more of us. He would finally just resort to numbers since he could remember which one was the oldest, etc.

I truly respond to Helena or Elaine or any of my many nicknames out there, it's all good. I even respond to Helen though I give side eyes when people do that

Your dad cracks me up with the numbers. While my siblings' names are nothing like mine, I would just be called the 2 older ones until they came to me. Some teachers did that too. So I even respond to names nothing like mine now
Old 08-11-2017, 07:05 PM   #104
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:

I truly respond to Helena or Elaine or any of my many nicknames out there, it's all good. I even respond to Helen though I give side eyes when people do that

Your dad cracks me up with the numbers. While my siblings' names are nothing like mine, I would just be called the 2 older ones until they came to me. Some teachers did that too. So I even respond to names nothing like mine now
My dad used to run through our names, as well as the dog's.

Sadly, I've continued the tradition. But in my defense, I've had the dogs longer than my DDs, so I was used to yelling their names.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:46 PM   #105
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
My dad used to run through our names, as well as the dog's.

Sadly, I've continued the tradition. But in my defense, I've had the dogs longer than my DDs, so I was used to yelling their names.

I may or may not have done that too.....
Old 08-11-2017, 11:51 PM   #106
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Who does number two work for?
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:11 PM   #107
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Soooooo not answering that!
Old 08-12-2017, 04:14 PM   #108
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

I may or may not have done that too.....
I might have called my daughter by my baby sister's name once or twice..
Old 08-12-2017, 04:16 PM   #109
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
I might have called my daughter by my baby sister's name once or twice..
I may have called my son by my brother's name
Old 08-12-2017, 05:11 PM   #110
cpnkirk
Two Bedroom

Quote:
It amazes me that people name kids with the same letters. My wife has a sister & 2 brothers, All start with the letter 'D' (so when I write DW, that always makes me think of my brother in law - that's what everyone calls him). Also, the middle initials are in alphabetical order. To me, that's just confusing.
March 2014, off site

cpnkirk is offline   Reply With Quote