home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-13-2018, 10:17 AM   #31
Popcorn Buckets
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default 32 days away!

Planning: Done! Next up: packing!
  • Wed: Arrive by 10pm at Jambo. Dump the kids and husband at the room and go to Moonlight Magic . My husband says to me "What is there to do at moonlight magic ALONE?" Oh, my dear sweet husband..
  • Thurs: Breakfast at Boma, pick up an order from Prime Now for fresh produce and Kombucha, and spend afternoon at Hollywood Studios, early dinner at Sci-Fi. I will not be getting a dining plan, but I probably will buy 2 refillable mugs.
  • Fri: Check out of Jambo, check into Kidani. Magic Kingdom, morning magic hour. No ADRs. Fastpasses for jungle cruise, splash mountain, and haunted mansion
  • Sat: Animal Kingdom, morning magic hour. No ADRs (rainforest cafe for lunch). Na'vi, kalimanjaro, UP! bird show fastpasses
  • Sun: Epcot, no morning magic hour. Lunch at Akershus. Frozen, Turtle Talk, and spaceship earth FP
  • Mon: Blizzard Beach
  • Tues: 8am BOG ADR, Magic Kingdom. Fastpasses for Fantasyland and Tomorrowland stuff (I forgot what I got). 12:30 ADR for Chef Mickeys but I have a feeling that I will drop this.
  • Wed: leave in the mornin.

Meanwhile.. I just booked a trip for me and my son to go to Disney for 3 nights in early December! (I feel very guilty for not taking my daughter with me on this trip. She's only 2 though.. so I'll make it up to her) I am taking advantage of our Annual Passes and ability to park at parks for free so I'll be staying at a Holiday Inn Express Seaworld booked with points. I chose the seaworld hotel since it was only 15,000 points a night. I've been during surveys through IHG and have earned almost 10,000 points in the past 2 months so that will help with that. I also recommend ya'll check out surveyjunkie website. I've earned about $160 in two months through that and have used it for amazon gift cards which will more than pay for the Prime Now order that I'll place at Disney.
Old 04-13-2018, 12:13 PM   #32
BEAM4DVC
One Bedroom

Sun: Epcot, no morning magic hour. Lunch at Akershus. Frozen, Turtle Talk, and spaceship earth FP

Boy gets his "turtle ride" - of sorts! Good work Mom!
BEAM4DVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 05:29 PM   #33
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Sounds good to me... Enjoy!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:18 PM   #34
mikayla73
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
You can get Dole whip or Citrus swirl at MK (different windows in Adventureland) or Dole Whip at Poly for a boat ride or monorail for boy.
I'm pretty sure you can get one at AK too. It was on the path way to FOTLK, but I can't remember what it's called. We got one with rum in it, so I'm sure you can get a regular one too.

Sounds like a fun trip!
mikayla73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 06:42 AM   #35
Popcorn Buckets

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikayla73 View Post
I'm pretty sure you can get one at AK too. It was on the path way to FOTLK, but I can't remember what it's called. We got one with rum in it, so I'm sure you can get a regular one too.

Sounds like a fun trip!
Yes! I found a spreadsheet online somewhere of all of the snacks on the disney dining plan so I was able to see all of the locations of dole whip.
Old 05-13-2018, 07:21 AM   #36
Popcorn Buckets

Default 3 Days Away!

3 days away from Disney!

I promise I'll have photos to show everyone after I get back.

Everything so far has gone very smoothly. I received both sets of magic bands and the set of luggage tags for MDE. I've read some grumblings from Facebook groups about the weather for the next two weeks with the rain, but maybe we use different weather sites because it doesn't look too bad. As long as it's not raining all day then I'll be happy. The cloudy weather is good for my mom-version of me because last year I must have reapplied sunscreen on everyone every 20 minutes since it felt like our skin was on fire.

Check-In
I decided to make a room request at Kidani. I'm not expecting a savannah view (i have standard), but it would be nice to not look at a road. I googled templates for this and wrote a letter based off a blog I found. The language I used actually completely mimics the language I use at my job every day as a negotiator. "Good morning! My name is blah blah, my reservation is blah blah. I'd like to respectfully request a room at blah blah. Thank you in advance for your consideration of my request. grovel grovel" If it works, then I'll share the language on here. I faxed it over at 7am 6 days prior to check-in. About 7 hours later, I received the e-mail from Disney that says "Congratulations! You've completed your online check-in!" I received this e-mail 6 days prior to my check-in at Jambo too. I have no idea what their process is, so I won't make any speculations on that.

Moonlight Magic
Cancelled my family's reservation (all four of us). Hopefully someone will be pleasantly surprised when their waitlist comes through! I'm just predicting that the kids won't be behaving or sleeping when we arrive enough for me to sneak out to go by myself.. and I don't think that there will be a situation where we'll all go. I'll have to google whether there are any moonlight magics going on in December when I go down with my son.

Grocery delivery / Food
I'm bringing down more food than I expected. Took up half of a checked bag. Individual cereal pouches, applesauce pouches, plastic jars of fruit, and a bunch of protein bars (Perfect Bars). Won't be placing any grocery orders for delivery once we get there.

I purchased the dining plan for the first two nights and then the quick service for the next 5 nights. There's no logical sense to that decision. I kept running the numbers and adding up things and then I realized my time was worth too much to look at it any longer and I should just get it and enjoy it. I'll be excited to share my experiences with the dining plan with you all when I return.

See ya real soon!

I have other changes to our plans, but you'll just have to wait until we return to read about it!

Old 05-13-2018, 08:17 AM   #37
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Have a safe trip down, and enjoy!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:28 AM   #38
DisneyObsessed
Studio

Looking forward to reading of your adventures!
DisneyObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:13 AM   #39
glenda
Studio

Default wonderful trip

This August we have booked Kidani on the last days of our ? split stay. We have never booked AKL at the end side of our previous trips At the end we park hop intensely day and night and take pool brakes when we have time. Does anyone think it would be more difficult to park hop from Kidani ? It seems a bit remote and I am concerned about this getting in the way? Any opinions on seemingly remote location? We love the safari so that will be a plus. At the end we do the safari daily.

Jambo
glenda is offline   Reply With Quote