home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Latest Disney (non-DVC-related) News & Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-16-2018, 07:25 PM   #31
grayandry
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Cross your fingers to get in during the preview.
Iím hoping!!
grayandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:05 PM   #32
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Should be cute to walk through. October for me, no problem waiting but Iíll certainly visit.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:56 PM   #33
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Yeah! I am more excited for this than I am for Star Wars land...as a life long SW fan I can honestly say, Disney ruined SW for me - but I read all the books in the expanded universe....
I am probably one of the few note cited for SW land, will probably skip Disney the year it opens...
Old 02-16-2018, 11:55 PM   #34
Jedimom3
Two Bedroom

well phooey, had hoped for an opening while were are there at the end of May, but I'm also kind of relieved. I thought we'd have to plan around it opening and all of the chaos. Will most likely be a long while until we see it then, probably late 2019.
I sure hope we'll get to ride TSMM in May. I'm worried it might be closed while they're working on it.
It's going to be such a wonderful addition there. They've been LONG overdue for rides for the youngest/shortest kiddos
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:37 PM   #35
logan115
Grand Villa

Anyone one how much earlier than the official date they have previously held DVC/AP previews ? We'll be there the 10th-18th so think we'll be too early this trip.

Mixed feelings - bummed that we'll likely miss the new attractions this trip, but kind of happy that WDW won't be as swamped with folks pouring in to see the new attractions. Makes choosing FPs a bit easier 😆

MOD 75
logan115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:52 PM   #36
beachclubmum
Studio

Had hoped for a soft opening in May. Oh well!
beachclubmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 02:39 PM   #37
Nickys
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan115 View Post
Anyone one how much earlier than the official date they have previously held DVC/AP previews ? We'll be there the 10th-18th so think we'll be too early this trip.

Mixed feelings - bummed that we'll likely miss the new attractions this trip, but kind of happy that WDW won't be as swamped with folks pouring in to see the new attractions. Makes choosing FPs a bit easier 😆
The timeframe for Pandora was this:

Feb 7th - opening day announced as May 27th

March 23rd - FP tiers confirmed, extra Pandora EMH announced for the first month after opening

March 24th - FP booking opened (so those who had onsite stays spanning opening date could book for the dates from May 27th onwards).

- AP and DVC previews announced and reservations opened (DVC had to be onsite during preview dates to book, AP holders - not sure but I don't think they did). As far as I know, emails went out to DVC members who already had reservations booked, pretty sure some didn't get said email

May 13th - first previews.

So 2 weeks prior to opening. You may just get one towards the end of your trip. Fingers crossed for you!
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote