home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-16-2020, 09:17 AM   #7861
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Tri-State Area Updated Quarantine Map. Poor Delaware. Maryland came off, but they are the little island of COVID in the Northeast.

In better news, helenabear and erikthewise are back on the "contamination free" list as we welcome back Ohio. And in better news, California is open again!! Bring your respirators and asbestos suits . . .

I'd seriously plan a quick getaway to California if it weren't on fire and I had any confidence they'd stay off the quarantine list.

Dirk

That map is worthless, in my opinion.

Cases in the last 7 days:
California 22,543
Delaware 813
Ohio 7,926
New Jersey 2,578
Maryland 4,006
Florida 17,225
Pennsylvania 5,200
New York 3,072

Delaware is back on the list? Yet every state around New Jersey is safe? I know they say its based on population per 100,000.....that is a worthless stat...too general and ambiguous.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:35 AM   #7862
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I had two German teachers. First was a native. Very lovely. Frau Matthies. Looked like a little gnome. Very thick accent. Unfortunately, the students were not very kind to her because she looked like a little gnome. She was on a one-year contract to fill in a gap and was happy to put our otherwise top notch high school in her review mirror. We got along though, quite nicely.

Frau Howe, the regular German teacher, was a SC native with a very thick southern accent, but spoke flawless Hoch Deutsch because she lived in Germany for several years.

Personally, I think it's easy to speak German without an accent, but even some Germans disagree with me!! All their stupid dialects.

Dirk
I lived in a small German farm town one summer while my dad was working there. I have to say our German was kind of crappy in terms of knowledge, but they were so kind to us knowing we were trying. A friend of mine who teaches linguistics was saying more Americans can do better speaking German with an accent because where letters are formed are further back in the mouth like our English is. Spanish is very front of the mouth which makes it harder for some to get accurately.

Anyway whether the accent is easier to get or not, the Germans were super kind with us and our craptastic knowledge. I remember the dialect almost got us buying a brand of cigarettes when at the town store for food lol
Old 09-16-2020, 05:05 PM   #7863
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Week 2 of in-person school for our kids and we are beyond convinced that we'd all be WAY safer at WDW in FL than we are in WI right now! Oh, if wishing made it so!
Old 09-17-2020, 06:36 PM   #7864
E2ME2
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltony View Post
Holy smokes, I haven't been in this thread for a while and thought I'd see what's up with people's plans surrounding the coronavirus and I find it so funny that we're all talking about appliances!

No complaints here, it's just funny to see where threads creep to once in a while.

(On a related note, Samsung refrigerators have notoriously unreliable ice makers!)
IKR -
I just popped in to see if this thread had cracked the 800 page mark.
It's getting close!
Does anyone have a feel for when WDW restrictions might be relaxed at all??
Old 09-17-2020, 06:55 PM   #7865
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by E2ME2 View Post
IKR -
It's getting close!
Next summer, provided that a reliable vaccine is readily available by then. Just a guess...
Old 09-17-2020, 06:58 PM   #7866
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

I agree it depends on a vaccine or a good mutation. Maybe more hours by spring and such. Hopefully more relaxed after Memorial day. Who knows for sure.

I got my reminder appointment for Monday's shot. 9 am... swab too yuck. Told me to come well hydrated so maybe another blood draw?
Old 09-18-2020, 08:00 AM   #7867
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

The thread drift indicates the interest level of COVID-19
Old 09-18-2020, 09:11 AM   #7868
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday.
But is your love for Halloween and decorations as deep as my youngest Grandson?

He can name ever animatronic sold by Home Depot, Lowes and Spirit Halloween......And as a bonus, he can act out each of their movement!

He goes to the Halloween shops, like he is going to the playground.

I love decorating for Halloween and for Christmas. Sadly, I think that my community is not going to allow trick or treating this year.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:51 AM   #7869
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by E2ME2 View Post
IKR -
It's getting close!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Next summer, provided that a reliable vaccine is readily available by then. Just a guess...
My guess is that capacity will slowly increase, but that masks and distancing won't go away until the viral infections are a tiny fraction, or treatments mitigate most of the risk.

Best I can go with is that Dr. Fauci thinks Christmas 2021 will be normal for most people. Unfortunately, other epidemiologists are saying even longer.

My best, most things are mostly back to normal by September of next year, except for masks and distancing.

This is just the virus side of things, not even speculating on the economic.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 10:12 AM   #7870
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
But is your love for Halloween and decorations as deep as my youngest Grandson?

He can name ever animatronic sold by Home Depot, Lowes and Spirit Halloween......And as a bonus, he can act out each of their movement!

He goes to the Halloween shops, like he is going to the playground.

I love decorating for Halloween and for Christmas. Sadly, I think that my community is not going to allow trick or treating this year.
They haven't canceled Halloween here yet and probably wonít is my guess. Iím not sure how many lights will be on but Iíll participate if itís still on. What a crummy time to be a kid right now!!

I love Halloween too. Really missed MNSSHP this trip.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote