home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Non-DVC-Related Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-17-2020, 02:10 PM   #41
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolA View Post
End of this month...I'll report back.

We rented a villa in SeaPines that's very close to, but not on, the beach.
I just went down a rabbit hole of looking at rentals at Sea Pines and Harbourtown. This is looking very interesting!

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 03:42 PM   #42
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

Sea Pines does not have a lot of ocean front villas so if you want that you might try Palmetto Dunes. Negative there is that I think all of them are highrises which we wanted to avoid.

Personally I prefer Sea Pines but really most of the resorts are very nice and peaceful.

Uber Eats to the rescue!
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 04:05 PM   #43
DVCjj
Grand Villa

Thank you Lamima for the wonderful Trip Report. Always wanted to go but it never worked out. It's definitely on my Bucket List and I gleaned a ton of knowledge from your report

Thank you for taking the time.
DVCjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 04:50 PM   #44
NyNcOkw
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
When are you going? Iíve come to realize that most of our meals are going to be outside or to-go. Our friends would probably be ok with eating out of the staff are masked, but that seems optional at this point.

Iíve actually looked at a couple of AirBnBís and VRBOs to see what we could get with 2 bed/2 bath with two queen beds, near the beach. This could be a trip where having our own kitchen is an advantage. There are a couple of decent options but the pools donít look great so still leaning towards Sonesta.

Dirk
HHI restaurants are notorious for crazy long wait times during the busy summer season. With limited seating capacity and social distancing, the wait times are probably going to be even greater. A kitchen maybe your best friend for this trip. We tend to grab fresh caught seafood at Barnacle Bill's seafood market just about every night (don't be nervous about the appearance), even if for just an app (and grill, takeout, etc.) and stay at the resort for dinner to avoid the crowded restaurants. Happy hours are more enjoyable for us during the summer months.
NyNcOkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 06:53 PM   #45
AnnaS
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
Sold our last HHI contract today. Now we have 70 CCV and 255 BWV. That should suit us fine. We can use those for HHI in off season and we can book non DVC places too.
Congratulations!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
We haven't tried Sea Shack. Really want to. Maybe next time. I too have heard great reviews.
You wrote some nice reviews - Sea Shack gets great reviews too. Might not be for everyone but we enjoyed it!!

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 06:54 PM   #46
AnnaS
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I just went down a rabbit hole of looking at rentals at Sea Pines and Harbourtown. This is looking very interesting!

Dirk
And you had me look up Sonesta - looks really nice. Can't wait to read your trip report and Carol's.

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 08:49 AM   #47
carolina_yankee
Administrator

One of the challenges with AirBnB and VRBO is we need 2 BRs/2 Ba but most 2nd bedrooms have twin beds.

I plugged in 3 BRs, which turned way more interesting options. The total price is equivalent to Sonesta or Omni, but split 2 ways with our friends still cuts our total in half for way better accommodations. And, with the extra bedroom, nobody has to sleep on the couch if there is a fight.

Unless both couples have fights.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote