home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Welcome to the Forums!
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-11-2020, 03:01 PM   #1
jsupreme
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Points Swap

I recently bought a second resale contract (Woohoo!)
My original contract is at BLT, and my new contract is at Poly.
I was wondering if we own at two different resorts, can we book at 11 months out at our home resort and call member services inside of 7 months to modify and swap out some or all of the points with points from the other resort contract. Does anyone know if that sort of reserving and then swapping out is allowed?

Thanks!
Oct 2016 - Bay Lake Tower
Nov 2014 - Wilderness Lodge
Jan 2013 - Disney Fantasy
May 2012 - All Star Music
jsupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 03:13 PM   #2
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Only if the room is otherwise still available to be booked at 7 months and really that's just rebooking at 7 months. What you describe is circumventing the home resort priority and has never been allowed although lots of people do ask about it.

What you can do is use banking or borrowing which allows an alternating of resorts every year. I assume you'd like to stay at both that you now own at.
Old 11-11-2020, 03:39 PM   #3
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

You book your home resort in 11 month window. You cannot swap points in the 7 month window you have to rebook. So the only way to book in 7 minth window is if the room is available then you book it with the other points and release original reservation.
Example if I own 200 ssr and 200 bcv I reserve a week with my 200 bcv in 11 month window. In 7 month window last 3 of 7 days is available. I book those three days with my SSR points. Call MS to drop the last three of my bc reservation and let them know I have a continuous reservation because it cannot be linked. If all days are available I can simply book entire reservation and cancel the origianl
Old 11-12-2020, 09:40 AM   #4
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

At the 7 month mark, modify your existing ressie (if available) to what you want.