home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Non-DVC-Related Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-30-2020, 03:08 PM   #31
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

So thanks everyone for following. We are going to Big Bamboo for dinner tonight. Been hanging in the condo cause its pretty chilly out. We went to Guiseppi's for lunch at like 11:30.

We decided to leave tomorrow morning instead of Sunday. My allergies are miserable in this moldy place. I sent an email to the management company and told them all the issues and sent pics. I asked they refund us for the night we are skipping out on. Honestly think we should get a bit more than that refunded (paid $200 a night for 1 bedroom in off season). Could have booked the quarter share places for like $150 a night for a 2 bedroom. Super clean and kept nice but no dogs there.

Soon I will add the photos. Will update thread title when I do. Anyone want a dining guide let me know by 5:30 pm tonight via PM and I will grab for you and mail it.

Owners since 2006- BWV & CCV
Next trip(s):Jan 18-23 SSR, Sept 2-7 CCV&BWV and 2/12/2022 Odyssey of the Seas Cruise

Last edited by Lamima; 10-30-2020 at 03:29 PM.
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 04:29 PM   #32
DVCjj
Grand Villa

Thoroughly enjoying your trip report. Never have been to Hilton Head but always wanted to and hoping to go soon.

I'm learning a lot from you and appreciate it very much. Looking forward to your pictures.
DVCjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 06:19 PM   #33
AnnaS
Add-on Aficionado

Thank you for sharing and taking us along. I enjoyed reading.

Love Hilton Head but can do without the roaches or Palmetto Bugs

During our last visit, not sure if it was a dream (nightmare) or if I actually saw the ceiling full of Palmetto Bugs in the middle of the night. I want to go back....but this image is holding me back.

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 08:34 PM   #34
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCjj View Post
Thoroughly enjoying your trip report. Never have been to Hilton Head but always wanted to and hoping to go soon.

I'm learning a lot from you and appreciate it very much. Looking forward to your pictures.
Thanks! You should go. It is the best beach town, IMO. Love it. Not commercialized at all. Very low key.

Next trip(s):Jan 18-23 SSR, Sept 2-7 CCV&BWV and 2/12/2022 Odyssey of the Seas Cruise

Old 10-30-2020, 08:43 PM   #35
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaS View Post
Thank you for sharing and taking us along. I enjoyed reading.

Love Hilton Head but can do without the roaches or Palmetto Bugs

During our last visit, not sure if it was a dream (nightmare) or if I actually saw the ceiling full of Palmetto Bugs in the middle of the night. I want to go back....but this image is holding me back.
Thanks! Yeah, the bugs. All the critters. Had a lizard INSIDE the condo. As well as mosquitos. And tonight a racoon ran across the road as we drove in. Saw several gators floating around in the ponds. Saw smooshed frogs and a snake on the road. Lots of turtles and birds. But the roach things, yep, they are the worst. Saw just 1 palmetto...ran across the doorway, outside, one night when I went to walk the dog. We once had an oceanfront condo in Kure Beach that the balcony had tons...you would turn light on to go out at night and they'd scatter but looked like a moving carpet on the balcony...gross. Were you at Disney resort with your Palmetto bug nightmare? Cause we have stayed there like 7 times and never ever had even 1 in our room. I think you are safe there. Maybe a fluke 1 that gets inside in a blue moon. But no infestation.

Old 10-30-2020, 09:02 PM   #36
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Today I began to pack up. And then we went to Big Bamboo for dinner. They are owned by Brits and have a good curry and fish and chips. It's in Coligny so we decided to pop over to Frosty Frog to have a frozen drink (they are like Fat Tueadays). We go there every trip.

On our walk over we passed by Earl of Sandwich that we pass all the time and wonder if it's the same as Disney. Answer is NOPE. It is a biker bar type place. They had a sign out front that said $2 Busch Lite or Pabst Blue Ribbon cans. So we popped in and chatted with a very nice bartender. Had 3 beers between us and could leave a $10 and head out. Will have to go back to eat sometime.

Left there and headed to FF and got our drinks. They have decent food too. Love the ahi tuna appetizer. But we ate already so just drinks this time.

Went back to condo. Got last load of laundry going. Wasn't going to bother except I brought like 2 pair of long pants and need them for next few days.

I grabbed 2 more of the dining guides so I can mail out to 2 people if you want them. Just let me know. Will post the pics within a couple days.

Last edited by Lamima; 10-30-2020 at 09:13 PM.
Old 10-31-2020, 04:09 AM   #37
AnnaS
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
Thanks! Yeah, the bugs. All the critters. Had a lizard INSIDE the condo. As well as mosquitos. And tonight a racoon ran across the road as we drove in. Saw several gators floating around in the ponds. Saw smooshed frogs and a snake on the road. Lots of turtles and birds. But the roach things, yep, they are the worst. Saw just 1 palmetto...ran across the doorway, outside, one night when I went to walk the dog. We once had an oceanfront condo in Kure Beach that the balcony had tons...you would turn light on to go out at night and they'd scatter but looked like a moving carpet on the balcony...gross. Were you at Disney resort with your Palmetto bug nightmare? Cause we have stayed there like 7 times and never ever had even 1 in our room. I think you are safe there. Maybe a fluke 1 that gets inside in a blue moon. But no infestation.

Yes, both trips we stayed at Disney's resort. The first August trip - the ground outside, specifically the Shelter Cove area was like a carpet full of palmetto bugs. I remember we strolled around there and the resort in the evening. The love bugs were out too on our last day. They were just annoying.

Our second trip in May - this is the one where I am not sure if it was a dream or I really saw them. The villa did have a strong odor of the spray and they came in to spray while we were staying there too.

I want to go back but I might try a different place - maybe a high floor - not sure if that would help

Looking forward to your pictures.

Old 10-31-2020, 08:40 AM   #38
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaS View Post
Yes, both trips we stayed at Disney's resort. The first August trip - the ground outside, specifically the Shelter Cove area was like a carpet full of palmetto bugs. I remember we strolled around there and the resort in the evening. The love bugs were out too on our last day. They were just annoying.

Our second trip in May - this is the one where I am not sure if it was a dream or I really saw them. The villa did have a strong odor of the spray and they came in to spray while we were staying there too.

I want to go back but I might try a different place - maybe a high floor - not sure if that would help

Looking forward to your pictures.
Yeah, we were at the San Miguel's in Shelter Cove across from Disney. At the outdoor bar one trip we arrived late and went there for a nightcap. And noticed the palmetto bugs just swarming all around. But we stayed in Harbourside III villas twice and never noticed them in the room. Also never had an issue at the Disney resort. But I am sure they might have a room with an issue every now and again. Yick. Higher floors would be better. Maybe do the Sonesta or Marriott on the ocean. They are taller resorts and not as many trees. My Sister In Law stayed at Marriott on ocean by the Disney beach house and loved it. We met some folks staying at the other beach front Marriott down by Shipyard/Coligny and they really liked it too. No issues.

Last edited by Lamima; 10-31-2020 at 08:48 AM.
Old 10-31-2020, 12:25 PM   #39
AnnaS
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
Yeah, we were at the San Miguel's in Shelter Cove across from Disney. At the outdoor bar one trip we arrived late and went there for a nightcap. And noticed the palmetto bugs just swarming all around. But we stayed in Harbourside III villas twice and never noticed them in the room. Also never had an issue at the Disney resort. But I am sure they might have a room with an issue every now and again. Yick. Higher floors would be better. Maybe do the Sonesta or Marriott on the ocean. They are taller resorts and not as many trees. My Sister In Law stayed at Marriott on ocean by the Disney beach house and loved it. We met some folks staying at the other beach front Marriott down by Shipyard/Coligny and they really liked it too. No issues.

I will look into Sonesta (I think Dirk mentioned this one) or one of the Marriott's. Thank you

Old 11-01-2020, 04:34 PM   #40
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Oct HHI https://imgur.com/a/Xc7I4QZ

Here is link to the photo gallery for the trip. Trying this from my phone. It may not work. Warning: Gross Condo Pics included. And anyone want a dining guide I would be happy to send one to you. Just let me know.

Last edited by Lamima; 11-01-2020 at 04:45 PM.