home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Non-DVC-Related Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-29-2020, 09:38 AM   #21
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

So I posted a long update last night and then my phone froze and I lost it. Ugh. Will give a quickie version.

DH worked past 2 days. First day I did laundry and too a long walk and just hung around. We went to dinner at Midici Pizza to share a Margherita pizza and a meat and cheese plate. It was okay. No hurry to go back there but wouldn't cross it off either. It was empty there.

Went back to condo and talked to DD and watched some of the World Series.

Yesterday I ran to store and then got a tour of rthe quarter share resort called Brigantine. I had been chatting with lady on FB who owns a few shares. Got to see 2 villas. And the private gate to the beach. It is really nice. We will buy in at some point and have 13 weeks a year here.

I then picked up something for late breakfast for DH and I. Ate and then walked the dog and dropped him back with DH who had a big day of work with a presentation and zoom meetings. So I walked to the beach and sat there listening to music and watching people and dogs (lots of dogs). Stayed for 3 hours and then walked back.

Swept back deck off and sat out there with the dog. Then showered up for dinner. We had resie at Old Oyster Factory. It is a bit more fancy. It is on the Broad Creek and right across the creek from the Disney resort. We saw a beautiful sunset and had a yummy meal (scallops for DH and swordfish for me).

Went back to walk the dog and watch Amazing Race and then fianle of Big Brother. And then off to bed for me (DH went at 9ish).

No work for DH today. We will go to lunch at Kenny B's (New Orleans style food) with the dog. Then drop him back at the condo and walk to the beach. Today will be 80 where tomorrow will be like 69. So today it is.

Tonight is the dueling piano show at Poseiodon's Rooftop bar at 8pm. Late night for us, especially DH.

Owners since 2006- BWV & CCV
Next trip(s):Jan 18-23 SSR, Sept 2-7 CCV&BWV and 2/12/2022 Odyssey of the Seas Cruise

Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 10:41 AM   #22
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Wow, you are keeping busy!!
If I make it to the beach for sunrise or sunset that’s busy for me.
We tried Kenny Bs for New Year’s Day last year. It was really good.

I’m glad you like Brigantine. Can you have pets in Quartershares)
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 11:07 AM   #23
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCQUEEN View Post
Wow, you are keeping busy!!
If I make it to the beach for sunrise or sunset thatís busy for me.
We tried Kenny Bs for New Yearís Day last year. It was really good.

Iím glad you like Brigantine. Can you have pets in Quartershares)
No pets there. But our guy is 14. And after him there won't be another.

Next trip(s):Jan 18-23 SSR, Sept 2-7 CCV&BWV and 2/12/2022 Odyssey of the Seas Cruise

Old 10-29-2020, 01:28 PM   #24
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

If you get any meals delivered, I'd be very interested to know what restaurants. We're going to HHI next month, and I'd like to know what restaurants deliver. Expect it to be usually too cool to eat outdoors.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 03:13 PM   #25
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
If you get any meals delivered, I'd be very interested to know what restaurants. We're going to HHI next month, and I'd like to know what restaurants deliver. Expect it to be usually too cool to eat outdoors.
We got Hickory Tavern delivery on Door Dash or one of those. It was huge portions. Then last trip, in June, we also had Wayback delivered using one of the apps. Some of the places we have gone to has signage that they deliver. If you do Google maps they have check marks for outdoor seating, indoor seating and delivery.

Also for anyone interested...there is an app called Bring Fido thats shows what places allow dogs.

Old 10-30-2020, 10:53 AM   #26
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

So, yesterday, we decided to leave the dog when we went to lunch. That was a good thing because another dog was at Kenny B's and he hates other dogs. We had a great lunch (crawfish dishes). Definitely recommend it. It is counter service. They have a lot of outside tables. Got beignets to take back to room.

We walked over to the Quarter Share so I could show DH all the info I learned and see what he thought. He likes it a lot.

Then we put the dog in the car and drove over to the beach. It was warm but very cloudy and super windy. So we didn't wear swimsuits or take any stuff. Just parked and took the dog for a walk on the beach for like 30 mins. DH was griping about the wind and wanted to leave. So we did.

Went back and eventually got cleaned up and dressed for a night out. I ran the vacuum again and did last load of laundry. I swapped towels for clean ones and changed the sheet on the sofa. Swept the deck and patio off. Man, the trees here just dump leaves and acorns and pinestraw nonstop.

It had started pouring about 30 mins after we got back from beach and was off and on showers and wind. We went to check out the golf club pub called Brickyard Pub. They have a super happy hour. Drinks and beer and apps from $3 to $7.

Then we went back to feed and walk the dog. Thats when I ran the vacuum actually. While the DH was walking Woody.

Around 7 we left for Poseidon. Had some sushi and more drinks. And watched the dueling piano show. It was a fun time. However that is the most risky thing we have done during Covid. It was a busy bar and folks were dancing and not wearing masks. We sat in little nook away from everything but still worry and probably shouldn't have gone.

We left around 10 and crashed for the night.

Today is cold (62 degress) and windy. We are off to Guiseppi's for lunch. Not sure what else we will do. I think there is some game or another DH wants to watch.

Last edited by Lamima; 10-30-2020 at 11:02 AM.
Old 10-30-2020, 01:13 PM   #27
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Since its a cold day and we have nothing to do, I went through restaurants on Google maps to get a list that deliver. Here is a huge list. I may have missed some but basically you have plenty of options. Also many other places, if not all places, do carryout. Here are the ones saying delivery...
Rockfish, FISH, Fishcamp, Slapfish, Black Marlin, Hudson's, Crazy Crab, Carolina Crab Company, Marley's, Ela's, The Studio, Relish, Poseidon, Drydock, Flatbread Bar and Grill, Delisheeyo, Main St Cafe, Skillets, World of Beer, Bucci and Murray's, Alfred's, Ruan Thai, OKKO Japanese, GT International Cafe, Al's Aloha Kitchen, Fiesta Fresh, Aunt Chiladas, Amigos Cantina,, Java Burrito, MidiCi, Mangiamo, Ombra, Nunzio, Local Pie, Giuseppi's, Charbar, Mellow Mushroom, Wayback Burger, Hickory Tavern, Wild Wing Cafe, Duck Donuts and The French Bakery.

Last edited by Lamima; 10-30-2020 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-30-2020, 02:13 PM   #28
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
If you want to, PM me your address and I can mail the Taste of HH menu guide.

Old 10-30-2020, 02:44 PM   #29
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Still enjoying and following along.

I canít wait to be there!
Do you ever visit the consignment stores and thrifts on the Island?
Thatís a favorite thing to do. Although I donít really need anything, itís fun to look and they are almost like museums.
Thank you for the list for dogs. Itís nice to have.
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 02:55 PM   #30
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCQUEEN View Post
Still enjoying and following along.

I canít wait to be there!
Do you ever visit the consignment stores and thrifts on the Island?
Thatís a favorite thing to do. Although I donít really need anything, itís fun to look and they are almost like museums.
Thank you for the list for dogs. Itís nice to have.
The list above is delivery. I added a phone app that let's you see where dogs are welcome. Most places with outdoor seating allow.

I saw many consignment stores. Did not go in. But will def check out when DDs are with me.