home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > MouseOwners Events and Event Planning
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-15-2020, 11:10 AM   #261
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
I am thankful for running water and for hot water. Lives are in ruins here. People are now homeless due to the destruction here. We are still without power and probably will be until Wednesday. The storm hit on the 10th.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...attention-aid/
Iím so sorry! I hadnít heard a single word about this. How is that even possible??? Very thankful that you are safe and have power! Prayers for your state. I really wish there was something I could do to help.
Old 08-15-2020, 11:32 AM   #262
Rozzie
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
I am thankful for running water and for hot water. Lives are in ruins here. People are now homeless due to the destruction here. We are still without power and probably will be until Wednesday. The storm hit on the 10th.

My goodness this is horrible. Thinking of you and your neighbors. I can't believe I didn't hear about all of this.
Rozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 11:32 AM   #263
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Happy to report that once all of the anesthesia wore off, hubs has had no pain! His only issue was persistent hiccups for 7 days, which resolved with a little Thorazine. He is walking upright again and has been able to sleep in the bed rather than his recliner.

My sis repeated the PET scan, labs and MRI on Wednesday. Also had bone marrow harvested. Her next oncology appointment is Wednesday the 19th. We will find out then if round one of chemo has made any impact, and will get more information about the clinical trial. Sheís feeling pretty good most days, and is able to work from home. So far, so good...
Old 08-15-2020, 11:33 AM   #264
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Quote:

I"m so sorry for everyone going through this.....No power can be the worst! Hope it comes back asap!
I specifically remember after Hurricane Andrew how beyond wonderful it was to get the AC and use water from the faucet.
A bunch of facebook memories came up yesterday, from 4 years ago, the floods in Baton Rouge. There was NO media coverage at all. No named hurricane/tropical storm to go with it...just a flood, but it was completely devastating to most of the city.
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 12:29 PM   #265
Raspus
Two Bedroom

Quote:

Wow, I had no idea the damage was so bad. Praying that the state is able to get some disaster relief money.
Old 08-15-2020, 07:41 PM   #266
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Holy shit. So glad you guys are okay. Hope power comes back as soon as possible, and best wishes to all involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Happy to report that once all of the anesthesia wore off, hubs has had no pain! His only issue was persistent hiccups for 7 days, which resolved with a little Thorazine. He is walking upright again and has been able to sleep in the bed rather than his recliner.

My sis repeated the PET scan, labs and MRI on Wednesday. Also had bone marrow harvested. Her next oncology appointment is Wednesday the 19th. We will find out then if round one of chemo has made any impact, and will get more information about the clinical trial. Sheís feeling pretty good most days, and is able to work from home. So far, so good...

Definitely some positives there. Best wishes to all!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 10:02 PM   #267
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

I am thankful two amazing people came by our house today when DH and I were hacking away at our fallen tree with hand cutters and offered to cut down/up our tree with a chainsaw. We didnít know them and they were just driving around helping people. Now we just need the stump removed but I donít care about that. Iíll drill holes in it and make it a planter for all I care. A roofer came to cover our roof in case of rain or leaking.

We still do not have power but we arenít homeless like many in our city.
Itís getting old though Iím not going lie. I had hot coffee for the first time in a week and hot food.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 12:22 PM   #268
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Quote:
I am thankful two amazing people came by our house today when DH and I were hacking away at our fallen tree with hand cutters and offered to cut down/up our tree with a chainsaw. We didnít know them and they were just driving around helping people. Now we just need the stump removed but I donít care about that. Iíll drill holes in it and make it a planter for all I care. A roofer came to cover our roof in case of rain or leaking.

We still do not have power but we arenít homeless like many in our city.
Itís getting old though Iím not going lie. I had hot coffee for the first time in a week and hot food.
Big Hugs!!! I'm so sorry you are going through this. Our area in Illinois got hit hard, but not as bad as yours (85 mph winds here vs. your 112 mph). One of our close by towns just got electricity turned back on. It was so eerie driving through at night pitch black. All the electrical poles in the area were just snapped, like toothpicks. It drives me insane that there is no media coverage when people are needing help and word needs to get out. But as usual, there are a lot of great people getting out there assisting. Hope it gets back to normal soon for you.
Old 08-17-2020, 12:53 PM   #269
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
Big Hugs!!! I'm so sorry you are going through this. Our area in Illinois got hit hard, but not as bad as yours (85 mph winds here vs. your 112 mph). One of our close by towns just got electricity turned back on. It was so eerie driving through at night pitch black. All the electrical poles in the area were just snapped, like toothpicks. It drives me insane that there is no media coverage when people are needing help and word needs to get out. But as usual, there are a lot of great people getting out there assisting. Hope it gets back to normal soon for you.
Thank you.
Finally have power!! Yahooo!! No internet and no unlimited data.
So many in horrible shape here. Itís making my heart 😢 hurt.
142 mph winds.

Be safe too!
Old 08-17-2020, 01:47 PM   #270
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

And the power is gone but I did the wash but didnít get the towels dry.

Back to the porch to drink moonshine...