home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2020, 10:04 AM   #131
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Sorry about your Lions, Dan, Kim, Pam, and Dave.

Sorry about your Cowboys, Dan.

Congratulations to Notre Dame, Mike.

Found a washer and dryer I like online at a local appliance place about 25 minutes from my townhouse. So far showing available, I’ll give them a call in the morning. Would much rather give them the business than a Best Buy, Home Depot, or Lowe’s. Provided they can install as soon as possible, of course. Going to hit a Rooms To Go for some furniture shopping Sunday.

Before posting bought my Ninja Foodi Grill and an air mattress. Both Black Friday deals at Target. Maximum one more week in the hotel, hopefully...
Best of luck on the furniture shopping..... is there an IKEA nearby?
Old 11-29-2020, 10:13 AM   #132
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Old 11-29-2020, 11:39 AM   #133
beansprout
Grand Villa

Anyone else tired of turkey?
Old 11-29-2020, 12:14 PM   #134
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
Best of luck on the furniture shopping..... is there an IKEA nearby?

Thereís one in Orlando, think Iíll attempt to hit both that and Rooms to Go this afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansprout View Post

Fortunately only had it the once for Thanksgiving. And on my Publix holiday sub earlier in the week. May repeat the sub, otherwise likely done with turkey for a while.
Old 11-29-2020, 01:00 PM   #135
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansprout View Post
Haven't had it in over a year. Our Thanksgiving was filet mignon.

We were on a Thanksgiving cruise a few years ago. On Thanksgiving, nobody at the table ordered the turkey. It was interesting seeing what people would have when given the choice.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:43 PM   #136
Grandbuddy
Grand Villa

We got a couple of turkey breasts smoked by a friend. I find we tire of regular turkey pretty quickly; but the smoked turkey makes absolutely delicious sandwiches. We had "Butterball" turkey just for Thanksgiving lunch (which we had Tuesday) with Sandra's siblings. And we found out Monday that we could spring Sandra's mom for a Thanksgiving gathering - so we got to spend several hours with her, too. It was special, since it had been so long. We were really a little shocked, since numbers are going up all over the country. Hope it doesn't come back to haunt the Village (her assisted living facility).

On Thanksgiving, it was to be just the two of us, but we learned the older gentleman down the hall was going to be alone. (He has two adult children who live locally with their families - don't know if each does the holidays with the other set of in-laws, or what). So, we invited "Max" to have Thanksgiving lunch with us. He seemed to enjoy it. We were a little perplexed when he announced that he hadn't known anyone who had become ill with COVID...until the past several weeks, when several patrons of "his bar" had come down with it - including the bartender. So, we are isolating for several days, even more scrupulously than before.

Sounds like you're getting set up, Bryan. Do you know when your stuff will arrive from NJ?

Sandra is still having some pain in her shoulder and arm, but I guess that is a part of healing. Next doctor visit is 12/14, and I guess we will learn the next step. She is going to PT three times a week, already, but for balance training. We are hopeful she can become less prone to losing her balance (a long-term problem, to be real).

Sounds like everyone had a good holiday. Stay tuned for updates on whether we join the patrons of Max's favorite bar.
Old 11-29-2020, 08:02 PM   #137
beansprout
Grand Villa

Glad to hear that Sandra is fighting to be healthy, go Sandra! And about that holiday guest. So kind of you to invite someone alone. And even nicer that you will think of others around you by quarantining once you heard about his life. Most folks arenít deliberately ignoring the rules, they just donít get it.

Have fun at WDW Dave and G.

Enjoy your final week of house keeping at the hotel Brian. The cleaning is up to you moving forward!

Just finished the turkey. It really was good. The brine and the electric roaster made for a very tender roast.

We got invited to play Pickleball again today. Weather was warm and sunny. Although I donít play well I enjoy the friendships and exercise.

Do you have your tree up?
Old 11-29-2020, 09:14 PM   #138
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Thanks, Jerry and Nancy. IKEA was overwhelming but some ideas Iíll explore further. Bought bedroom furniture at Rooms To Go. Figure Iíd go nicer for my room and cheaper on rest of house (if possible). Iím pleased.

Jerry, continued prayers and best wishes for both of you. Always.

Nancy, nice on the pickleball. Glad itís still fun for you.
Old 11-29-2020, 09:22 PM   #139
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Jets freaking suck... beyond suck.

Congratulations to your Giants, Mike and Mike.

Congratulations to your Patriots, Nancy and Kristin.

Sorry about your Chargers, Amy and Mike.

Sorry about your Colts, Karl.
Old 11-29-2020, 10:34 PM   #140
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Our tree has been up since last night. Lights going on tonight yet, the rest of the tree decorations will be tomorrow night.
Closed Thread