home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > MouseOwners Events and Event Planning
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-29-2020, 09:05 AM   #281
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
So, we had a really good shift last night. Fully staffed And no one got bit, hit, or kicked! Lately, that is reason to celebrate.
Then I stopped at a little gas station to fill up on the way home. It’s raining and 44 degrees, so I decided to treat myself to a hot chocolate while I was there. I got to the register and the clerk just waved me off. “The drink is on us.” Awe! Really nice of them.

Boom!

Life is good.....Have a Great Day!
Old 10-29-2020, 09:13 AM   #282
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
So, we had a really good shift last night. Fully staffed And no one got bit, hit, or kicked! Lately, that is reason to celebrate.
Then I stopped at a little gas station to fill up on the way home. It’s raining and 44 degrees, so I decided to treat myself to a hot chocolate while I was there. I got to the register and the clerk just waved me off. “The drink is on us.” Awe! Really nice of them.
You deserved that hot cocoa.

DD lost power in AL last night due to Zeta, but because her garage door spring broke about a month ago, she knew exactly how to unhitch the door so she could raise the door. Hoping she'll have power later tonight. Seems to be locally in her complex. Lights were on for the trip to school and Starbucks was open. So Thankful it wasn't derecho like power outage!!

Thanks for reminding me to continue to look for the good each and every day!!
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 09:28 AM   #283
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Thumbs up

Quote:
Staff or patients! Happy for you!
Old 10-29-2020, 09:40 AM   #284
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Boom!

Life is good.....Have a Great Day!
Definitely! Have a great day as well. I’m about to crash for a few hours. One more night to go. Darned incentive pay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
You deserved that hot cocoa.

DD lost power in AL last night due to Zeta, but because her garage door spring broke about a month ago, she knew exactly how to unhitch the door so she could raise the door. Hoping she'll have power later tonight. Seems to be locally in her complex. Lights were on for the trip to school and Starbucks was open. So Thankful it wasn't derecho like power outage!!

Thanks for reminding me to continue to look for the good each and every day!!
So easy to forget that the good is still there sometimes. Hope her power is restored soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Staff or patients! Happy for you!
Really nice night! No idea where they will send me tonight, geri-psych or Adult/detox. Either way, hope that the good Karma continues.
Old 12-27-2020, 01:11 PM   #285
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Dusting this off, because we really do have much to be glad about...

Older sis is gearing up for second stem-cell transplant. While we were concerned about the first one making her so sick, her doctors say that she has bounced back more quickly than most, and are very pleased with the treatment regimen. . Fingers crossed for a continuation of good news there.

While we’ve been short handed at work, we have managed to somehow have enough staff to keep everyone safe. Definitely something to be thankful for!

Vaccines have begun at work. Mine is scheduled for this week. We may be overly naive, but my friends and I see this as a true turning point in the fight to get in front of Covid. Even some of the people who initially declined have started to change their minds and sign up for the vaccine.

I had both kids home for Christmas. Both. At the same time! Considering our jobs, that is unbelievable! We had to skip the family dinner at my mother’s this year. She was sheltering in place with older sis. But we had a very enjoyable celebration with our reduced numbers. So happy!

Got to spend the day with BFF1 yesterday. So relaxing! We went out to eat lunch and then strolled the historic district in a neighboring city. Masks in use, constant hand sanitizer, and socially distanced, of course. On our way home, we stopped off at BFF2’s house to deliver a lemon lavender cupcake. So actually got to see them both. Yay! And BFF2 has now changed her mind and committed to our 9/21 girls trip! She has even agreed to wear ears...

So many positives in the midst of the crisis! Many more than I can remember at the moment. Hope that everyone stays safe, and can find their own reasons to be glad.
Old 12-27-2020, 10:10 PM   #286
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Dusting this off, because we really do have much to be glad about...

Older sis is gearing up for second stem-cell transplant. While we were concerned about the first one making her so sick, her doctors say that she has bounced back more quickly than most, and are very pleased with the treatment regimen. . Fingers crossed for a continuation of good news there.

While we’ve been short handed at work, we have managed to somehow have enough staff to keep everyone safe. Definitely something to be thankful for!

Vaccines have begun at work. Mine is scheduled for this week. We may be overly naive, but my friends and I see this as a true turning point in the fight to get in front of Covid. Even some of the people who initially declined have started to change their minds and sign up for the vaccine.

I had both kids home for Christmas. Both. At the same time! Considering our jobs, that is unbelievable! We had to skip the family dinner at my mother’s this year. She was sheltering in place with older sis. But we had a very enjoyable celebration with our reduced numbers. So happy!

Got to spend the day with BFF1 yesterday. So relaxing! We went out to eat lunch and then strolled the historic district in a neighboring city. Masks in use, constant hand sanitizer, and socially distanced, of course. On our way home, we stopped off at BFF2’s house to deliver a lemon lavender cupcake. So actually got to see them both. Yay! And BFF2 has now changed her mind and committed to our 9/21 girls trip! She has even agreed to wear ears...

So many positives in the midst of the crisis! Many more than I can remember at the moment. Hope that everyone stays safe, and can find their own reasons to be glad.

Hooray for all the good news! Glad it was such an enjoyable long weekend for you.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 10:22 PM   #287
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Hooray for all the good news! Glad it was such an enjoyable long weekend for you.
Brian,

You are such a positive and upbeat person that I look forward to seeing your posts. Even when you talk about the shittiness of the current situation I still see a rainbow in the future based on your contributions. Thank you.

Cheers.
Old 12-27-2020, 10:23 PM   #288
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Brian,

You are such a positive and upbeat person that I look forward to seeing your posts. Even when you talk about the shittiness of the current situation I still see a rainbow in the future based on your contributions. Thank you.

Cheers.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 10:38 PM   #289
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Brian,

Cheers.
Yep! Brian was one of the first people to welcome me, and many many others to MO. He reminds me of a line from George of the Jungle... “that defender of the innocent, protector of the weak, and all around good guy...
Old 12-27-2020, 10:57 PM   #290
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Brian,

Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
Quote:
Yep! Brian was one of the first people to welcome me, and many many others to MO. He reminds me of a line from George of the Jungle... “that defender of the innocent, protector of the weak, and all around good guy...

Bah humbug to all. But thanks, much appreciated.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote