home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-11-2019, 06:52 PM   #31
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
It's quite possible that path is for access to the monorail beams that pass over it.
I thought it all quite literally started out as a full project called Walk Around the World. The bricks sold were meant to eventually circle the 7 Seas Lagoon but somewhere along the way the completion of it was scrapped. There were benches down the walkway going towards the Grand Floridian so it was intended to be a walkway at some point, not for monorail beam access. That isn't necessary nor even provided for the majority of the monorail.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:58 PM   #32
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayandry View Post
I always wondered why there was a walk there but no one could use it. This would be a great idea (although I never have stayed at GF and never plan to).
Anyone can use it! It just doesn't go anywhere useful. I once walked to the end and back -- once was enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
I thought it all quite literally started out as a full project called Walk Around the World. The bricks sold were meant to eventually circle the 7 Seas Lagoon but somewhere along the way the completion of it was scrapped. There were benches down the walkway going towards the Grand Floridian so it was intended to be a walkway at some point, not for monorail beam access. That isn't necessary nor even provided for the majority of the monorail.
While I don't know, I suspect it was never intended to be a walkway that went anywhere. It just allowed them to sell more of those silly bricks.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:43 PM   #33
Disney Spaz
One Bedroom

We own at VGF and I am on the fence how I feel. I really like the idea of a pathway but I donít want to loose the Water Pageant. I also wonder if this will impact how busy the Grand is. I like the isolation and privacy so I hope that doesnít go away.

Side note they just added the pools at Grand Floridian to no pool hopping. I wonder if that is a precursor to the walkway?
Disney Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:12 PM   #34
salmoneous
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Spaz View Post
I also wonder if this will impact how busy the Grand is. I like the isolation and privacy so I hope that doesnít go away.
Walkway far. People lazy. I wouldn't worry about it.
salmoneous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:26 PM   #35
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Been hoping for this since I knew the broken pathway existed. Really hope itís finally happening.

And I wouldnít worry at all about it becoming overcrowded. The number of people is minimal at any given moment on the walk from Boardwalk to Hollywood Studios. Go with what Sal just stated...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:28 PM   #36
Doberge
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

If BLT people were asked to keep one, either EWP or their walkway to MK, 4/5 would choose to keep the walkway and lose EWP.

That said, if it happens, a draw bridge makes sense. Someone mentioned that a bridge would relieve some monorail congestion. That's true and would be very helpful for the 50th. But there are also guest satisfaction issues stopping them from walking just to raise a bridge for a parade.
Doberge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:35 PM   #37
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Spaz View Post
We own at VGF and I am on the fence how I feel. I really like the idea of a pathway but I don’t want to loose the Water Pageant.
No worries. Disney are not a loose organization. They'll keep things tight here and it will all work. Nothing worse than loose water...

Cheers.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:47 PM   #38
Sephorin
Grand Villa

Great news for VGF owners! I would still choose to stay at BLT, but I would enjoy walking over to the Grand Floridian and Polynesian, especially to view Christmas decorations.

I hope this walkway becomes a reality!
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:51 PM   #39
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
No worries. Disney are not a loose organization. They'll keep things tight here and it will all work. Nothing worse than loose water...

Cheers.
I dunno. I think prefer my water loose; it's easier to swallow. Also, tight water can make the roads slippery and folks around here don't drive well in those conditions.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:02 AM   #40
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrbazzle View Post
I dunno. I think prefer my water loose; it's easier to swallow. Also, tight water can make the roads slippery and folks around here don't drive well in those conditions.
Fair point. There are some advantages to loose as opposed to tight.

Cheers.