home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-11-2019, 05:05 PM   #21
TexasChick
Grand Villa

So it won’t be open for our November DL trip but it will for the January WDW trip. I hope this means November DL crowds will be lighter than usual! It probably doesn’t because the bulk of guests are locals, but I will try to remain optimistic!
Old 07-11-2019, 06:01 PM   #22
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Given continued delays in Disney's target openings for attractions, the December 5 opening doesn't look good for my January 27 trip!

I'll count my Jedi when they're hatched.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:30 PM   #23
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Given continued delays in Disney's target openings for attractions, the December 5 opening doesn't look good for my January 27 trip!

I'll count my Jedi when they're hatched.

Dirk
Hatched? Insulting the Jedi is not a good idea.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:05 PM   #24
oufpat
Two Bedroom

We'll be there the 7-12, I imagine we'll wonder through if we can, but I have no expectations about getting on any of the new attractions. That's the beauty of DVC, we'll be back. Actually, I'd rather know who will be narrating the Candlelight processional on December 10!
oufpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:17 PM   #25
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Talking Woohoo

So excited

Goldi
goldilocks_63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:51 PM   #26
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oufpat View Post
We'll be there the 7-12, I imagine we'll wonder through if we can, but I have no expectations about getting on any of the new attractions. That's the beauty of DVC, we'll be back. Actually, I'd rather know who will be narrating the Candlelight processional on December 10!
They should really have James Earl Jones this year, no?

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:11 PM   #27
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Sounds good to me...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:30 PM   #28
cincinmouse
Two Bedroom

Default outsmarted by the mouse AGAIN

Hello old Friends I have been meaning to post to catch up with everyone since we are planning to DL right on new years. I was up at the crack of dawn for several days trying to book GCV from New years to the weekend. I was so excited when I got it. My family's thinking was that we knew about the delayed rollout of the GE but since DL would open in June and WDW in August for SURE rise of the resistance would be open at DL by Christmas. I went ahead and bought the airfare.

We really wanted to experience both new rides and thought by going out to DL it might be a little easier than the crowds that will hit DHS. We have been to DL before but is has been right when Radiator Springs opened. I have looked at booking back at WDW but everything is booked so we can't switch. We are all a little disappointed and discussing just canceling the trip.

Last year we made it to Disneyland Paris in July(been meaning to write that trip report) but unfortunately POTC, Phantom Manor, and R&R coaster were all closed.

Going to let this sink in for a few days and see if there is any outrage at DL that makes them change their mind. I doubt it. I wonder if the very low crowds right now at DL had a part in this decision. But it was Disney own making by raising all the prices and passholder blackouts .

I appreciate you letting me vent.

Wish I had more time to spend here.

ME DW DS(19) DD(16) DTS(12) DTS
cincinmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:18 PM   #29
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincinmouse View Post
Hello old Friends I have been meaning to post to catch up with everyone since we are planning to DL right on new years. I was up at the crack of dawn for several days trying to book GCV from New years to the weekend. I was so excited when I got it. My family's thinking was that we knew about the delayed rollout of the GE but since DL would open in June and WDW in August for SURE rise of the resistance would be open at DL by Christmas. I went ahead and bought the airfare.

We really wanted to experience both new rides and thought by going out to DL it might be a little easier than the crowds that will hit DHS. We have been to DL before but is has been right when Radiator Springs opened. I have looked at booking back at WDW but everything is booked so we can't switch. We are all a little disappointed and discussing just canceling the trip.

Last year we made it to Disneyland Paris in July(been meaning to write that trip report) but unfortunately POTC, Phantom Manor, and R&R coaster were all closed.

Going to let this sink in for a few days and see if there is any outrage at DL that makes them change their mind. I doubt it. I wonder if the very low crowds right now at DL had a part in this decision. But it was Disney own making by raising all the prices and passholder blackouts .

I appreciate you letting me vent.

Wish I had more time to spend here.

Long time no see.....Good to see you back!

Sorry that things did not work out as planned. Disney screws with us at WDW all the time!
Old 07-12-2019, 07:51 AM   #30
zulaya
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayandry View Post
We fly home on the 4th.
Us, too.
Not holding my breath, but hoping to luck into a soft opener.

Otherwise...we'll catch it in May 2020.

DVC Member since 2002. Homes at BCV and AKV
30+ trips!

Next trip DH and I: Dec 2019
Next trip the whole fam: May 2020
zulaya is offline   Reply With Quote