home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-11-2019, 11:00 AM   #101
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzylogic View Post
They've been as you state here, for the last ~3 years. For completeness...

Tuesday: PM EC
Wednesday: PM MK
Thursday: AM EC
Friday: AM MK
Saturday: AM AK
Sunday: AM HS
Monday: AM AK

That Night-Night-Morning-Morning-AK-HS-AK rotation has been consistent back to 2017. In the early 2010's MK had Nights on Sundays. That had a long run too. I wouldn't say they change them often. They do change, I guess to mix things up and shift crowds. I've had a night EMH at EC planned only to have it change. I think we just went w the plan as it was and it didn't impact too much.

My days seem to be as they were thru Dec but it does look like Tue and Fri are swapping in January. You say Thu is AM MK but according to the Disney site this is still AM EC so I'd check that to be sure!
Hmmm...they could've changed it already or I could've typed it incorrectly. I typed out that first post from my phone, so it could've been my mistake. Without any EMH going on at MK from Thursday-Monday, I wonder now even more if they are going to do DAH at MK to capture some $$$ from still heavy "after holiday" crowds. I mean posting closing time at 8pm every night as well as no EMH at MK during a time that is still busy is suspect for sure.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:07 AM   #102
administrator
Site Overlord

No further posts about baby and/or wedding showers, please. Take it to CH, if you must.
administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:26 AM   #103
fuzzylogic
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
Hmmm...they could've changed it already or I could've typed it incorrectly. I typed out that first post from my phone, so it could've been my mistake. Without any EMH going on at MK from Thursday-Monday, I wonder now even more if they are going to do DAH at MK to capture some $$$ from still heavy "after holiday" crowds. I mean posting closing time at 8pm every night as well as no EMH at MK during a time that is still busy is suspect for sure.
Yeah, it's suspect. I'd think Sat-Sun would be later, at least. You're at the extreme end of the published hours here so I'd give it time. I'm still expecting changes to early December and I'm a month ahead of you. Not knowing what they'll do with HS is killing me -- will they extend the 6am's into Dec? Surely they've got to add some early HS time for what is essentially a holiday week...

It's probably not much consolation to you but I have noted that on a Sunday in Jan 2018 we went, and that night the MK hours were 7pm.
fuzzylogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:08 PM   #104
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
This is a good place to put this. We frequently travel Thursday-Monday to WDW. The EMH have been as follows for the last few years:

Thursday: AM at EP
Friday: AM at MK
Saturday: AM at AK
Sunday: AM at HS
Monday: AM at AK

Here’s how they’re stacking up January 3rd-6th, 2020:

Thursday: AM at MK (different)
Friday: PM at EP (different)
Saturday: AM at AK (same)
Sunday: AM at HS (same)
Monday: AM at EP (different)

Looking back at years past, these EMH are different for the same days of the week during 2017 and 2018 as well. What are the thoughts here? There aren’t any EMH at MK Friday-Monday, and it’s scheduled to close at 8pm every night. I know there’s a decent chance MK will stay open later, but I’m wondering if they’re planning DAH events there. Do they frequently move around EMH as much as they change park hours?
I do not recall if it was our trip this past April or if it was the Oct/Nov trip last year but yes, they did add EMH's to the schedule that were not there originally. I think it was maybe MK and DHS? It still was no where near the number that it used to be.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:05 PM   #105
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
So there is some hope...but I wish they'd at least date and have fun. Neither have had a BF as far as I know and they are 20.

Now baby showers...what about gender reveal parties? And weddings, they now do a bachelor/bachelorette TRIP. Crazy stuff.
Gender reveal parties absolutely confuse me to no end. I really do not understand the point. Go to the ultrasound, see what you see, done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
No further posts about baby and/or wedding showers, please. Take it to CH, if you must.

Oops!! Sorry! (and I'm also thoroughly confused about how the thread ended up there)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
I'd disagree. Having to consistently increase hours from the initial set is poor guest service. If it was inconsistently done then sure but it is consistent.

To the point of being more efficient what they do now is keep the popular attraction waits at a minimum of 45 minutes and often more by all appearances. It is a decision for certain and a cost savings related decision but guest grumbling is increasing how there are no more slow times which generally meant short wait times for attractions. All while dramatically increasing ticket prices. Cutting Extra Magic Hours for onsite guests, adding after hour paid events. (I shook my head at one report about the kids being able to ride Everest 11 times during the paid event. We had done that in the past just with Extra Magic Hours as a benefit for staying onsite). Adding some offsite hotels to 60 day FP's (and Extra Magic Hours?). And playing it too safe on hours that require increases over and over and over.

I'm not sure how Disney thinks their strategy works in their favour. Do they look at all of the bookings and dinner ressies, and everything else and think "maybe THIS is the year when we can close the parks at 8pm during Christmas and finally save a few bucks on salary for our park employees"?
Old 07-11-2019, 07:39 PM   #106
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
I'm not sure how Disney thinks their strategy works in their favour. Do they look at all of the bookings and dinner ressies, and everything else and think "maybe THIS is the year when we can close the parks at 8pm during Christmas and finally save a few bucks on salary for our park employees"?

They are the company that made the Chicken Little movie!
Old 07-11-2019, 08:28 PM   #107
cali09
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post

If they offered DAH events during the weeks of Christmas and NYE I might actually consider spending the cash.

One of the few saving graces of those two weeks is the parks are open early and late a LOT. There are a couple of days for the MK that they are closed literally for just 5 or 6 hours.

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote