home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Latest Disney (non-DVC-related) News & Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-06-2019, 02:21 AM   #1
detoldav
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Earthquake

Is Disneyland evacuating tonight after earthquake?
detoldav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 02:31 AM   #2
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by detoldav View Post
Is Disneyland evacuating tonight after earthquake?
Doubt it. Friends in LA reported feeling it but nothing serious. Too far away.
Old 07-06-2019, 02:39 AM   #3
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Yesterday several rides were shut down for a period to check them. The thing I read that was cancelled tonight was a game in Vegas, or so I thought. Thatís quite a distance from DL.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:56 AM   #4
carolina_yankee
Administrator

There were reports of ride evacs at Disneyland so they could inspect the tracks. I don't know if they closed all attractions. It happened around 8 pm, I think, so the park would have been busy in anticipation of fireworks and Fantasmic.

I noticed on July 4, after the Earthquake, all track rides were closed, but Falcon, Small World, and non-track attractions were still open. HM closed, but PotC open. Good think nobody's going to DL these days or that would have been a mess on July 4!

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 01:23 PM   #5
bwvBound
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
There were reports of ride evacs at Disneyland so they could inspect the tracks. I don't know if they closed all attractions. It happened around 8 pm, I think, so the park would have been busy in anticipation of fireworks and Fantasmic.

I noticed on July 4, after the Earthquake, all track rides were closed, but Falcon, Small World, and non-track attractions were still open. HM closed, but PotC open. Good think nobody's going to DL these days or that would have been a mess on July 4!

Dirk
Small World did shut down after the 7/4 quake. We were on the ride, at the time, and were surprised on debarking to find no lines loading the boats. We walked off a bit and checked the app to find a good number of rides indicating "Temporarily Closed" and not knowing why. (We hadn't felt the quake as we were on the boats when it happened.)
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 04:29 PM   #6
BLTMouse
Studio

I read on CNN this morning that they evacuated Space Mountain and walked everyone down.
BLTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 08:15 AM   #7
vek424
One Bedroom

We were there 10 days ago and "got to" walk off Alice in Wonderland but obviously not due to an earthquake. However, while on POC I commented that I wouldn't want to be on it during an earthquake.
vek424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 03:05 PM   #8
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vek424 View Post
We were there 10 days ago and "got to" walk off Alice in Wonderland but obviously not due to an earthquake. However, while on POC I commented that I wouldn't want to be on it during an earthquake.
A few waves would make it fun . . .

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote