home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-08-2019, 05:37 PM   #211
kaedeesmom
Two Bedroom

To me, the name Reflections is fine - meh, but fine. However, 'Reflections - A Disney Lakeside Lodge' is ridiculously long and pretentious.

I see Frank Lloyd Wright in the design and love that. I think maybe a name that gives a nod to this, as well as the old River Country (I adored RC when I was a kid). Maybe River Forest Lodge (FLW built a bunch of homes in River Forest, and the new resort bears a strong resemblance to some of them), or Riverview Lodge (Riverview Terrace Restaurant is the Frank Lloyd Wright Visitor Center at his Taliesin Estate). Of course, it'll require that they build a "river" as part of the pool area, which is something they absolutely need to do, anyway.

If they get this one right, I'm going to spend waaaaay too much money on owning a bunch of points there. My definition of "right" is a FLW design in the common areas *and* the rooms, pool area that harks back to RC (lazy river, multiple slides, a natural feel...and sure, we can throw a swim-up pool bar in there), dedicated transportation, quality restaurants, 2 full bathrooms in the 1-bedroom, adjoining lock-off studios.

The idea of demolishing the old stable does break my heart, though. I loved touring there as a horse-crazy 13 year old. I was hoping that the not-named-Reflections Lodge would be far enough away from FW that it wouldn't impede on things too much. Maybe they're just moving the stable to a place where the horses and ponies won't be bothered by all our late night drinking at the swim-up pool bar and partying in the lazy river.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:38 PM   #212
kaedeesmom
Two Bedroom

There's new lobby concept art for Reflections. I'm bummed about the ginormous Pocahontas statue (enough with the flood of IP, already!), but those multi-story windows overlooking Bay Lake are fabulous!

https://wdwnt.com/2019/08/concept-ar...akeside-lodge/
Old 08-14-2019, 06:38 AM   #213
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaedeesmom View Post
There's new lobby concept art for Reflections. I'm bummed about the ginormous Pocahontas statue (enough with the flood of IP, already!), but those multi-story windows overlooking Bay Lake are fabulous!

I agree....Lose Pocahontas, otherwise the sketch looks interesting.
Old 08-14-2019, 07:33 AM   #214
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
I agree....Lose Pocahontas, otherwise the sketch looks interesting.
Pocahontas!?
That's really stretching it as far as IP is concerned.
I remember there was a small Pocahontas show back by the old Lion King venue in AK, that is now part of Pandora; but I never actually saw it. Have there been any other previous Pocahontas items or references in Disney parks/resorts?

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 10:35 AM   #215
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaedeesmom View Post

I hope that's fake for a slew of reasons.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:02 AM   #216
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Now this...I am interested in!
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 11:24 AM   #217
melk
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Pocahontas!?
I remember there was a small Pocahontas show back by the old Lion King venue in AK, that is now part of Pandora; but I never actually saw it. Have there been any other previous Pocahontas items or references in Disney parks/resorts?
I remember my brother’s family going to a Pocahontas breakfast at the Wilderness Lodge back around 1997. My niece was a huge Pocahontas fan.

I took my kids to the Pocahontas show at the Animal Kingdom maybe around 2000. It was with small live animals and I remember they were mesmerized.
melk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 11:40 AM   #218
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Pocahontas!?
I'd have thought you'd love a nice princess statue...
They could do a nicer one, maybe, or some artwork would be more fun, and her little animal friends could be mixed in around the place just a little.
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 11:43 AM   #219
MMC1
Grand Villa

Pocahontas has been in 2 stage shows at DL. The current one is Mickey’s Magical Map.
Be thankful Tarzan is not in the AK lobby
MMC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 11:46 AM   #220
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Pocahontas has been in 2 stage shows at DL. The current one is Mickey’s Magical Map.
Be thankful Tarzan is not in the AK lobby
Yep...
There was a Tarzan show a number of years ago. IIRC, it was in AK in approximately the location of Finding Nemo.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote