home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-09-2019, 06:30 AM   #21
AnnaS
Grand Villa

Beautiful pictures. Following along. Thank you for taking the time to share

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 09:31 AM   #22
disneyteach
Grand Villa

I am 100% in with this trip report! Can't wait for more! As our kids get older, we definitely want to do more trips like this!
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:40 PM   #23
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Your post just made think that our next England trip, planned for a summer, might get moved to a May to avoid some of the tourist crowds. When we were at the Churchill War Rooms one January, it was just us.

Abbey is always a crowded mess, regardless of season. They seem to go back and forth on photos. Used to be you could purchase an add-on that permitted for private use.

Looks like you all had a great time! Can't wait for more.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 01:25 PM   #24
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Great report!!

I can't even think of the Crown Jewels anymore without remembering that scene in Sherlock where.... oh well, either you've seen it or you haven't.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 05:15 PM   #25
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Thank you for this wonderful TR. we're contemplating our first trip to England a year or two from now, and getting very inspired by this TR and incredible pictures. Glad to know it's good to purchase those tickets/tours in advance.
Great pictures of the family. Kids look like they're enjoying it all too! looking forward to hearing more
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 01:34 PM   #26
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Sweet! I bet you pretty much have to be an MP to get season tickets in the first row of white seats.

Old 08-16-2019, 02:05 PM   #27
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmark View Post
Day 3-Part 2

Since we had an earlyish dinner planned we just ordered some loaded fries and wings but it hit the spot. Not exactly English cuisine but we didn’t want to get too filled up before our next stop.
Great trip report!
(And surely you mean "chips", right? )

Old 08-22-2019, 05:36 PM   #28
rusty01
Studio

Your trip looks amazing!! I want to go to London. I'm into the all the history. Did you feel safe while you were there?
rusty01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 03:32 PM   #29
rusty01
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmark View Post
Thanks! I honestly felt completely safe in London but then again I've lived in NYC and are used to urban areas. Before we left, BH was concerned of the reports of knivings and acid attacks but we didn't see or really hear of anything there. BH commented when we left that she felt very comfortable in London and it felt safer and cleaner then NYC. I will definitely say that London was definitely cleaner then NYC and we didn't see the usual stuff you see in NYC (homelessness, begging, etc.) on the streets or in the tube. We basically were in the touristy nicer ares of London so perhaps there is more of that in the dodgy sections.

The only incident that happened was that one morning going to the underground, a drunk guy saw that I was holding my son's NYCFC hat and started talking to me about football in America and then tried to segue into other discussions. He was clearly not picking up on my social cues that I was not interested in the discussion and I confused him by making a turn when my family went straight to avoid him (I caught up to my family on the next block). But after living in and visiting NYC numerous times thats not something that out of the norm. But I would say I felt completely safe throughout our time in London.
That's good to know. We were thinking about going next year. And I was worried. Guess the key is to stay in the touristy areas. I live in a small town. So not used to the urban hustle and bustle. Thanks
rusty01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 06:58 PM   #30
AnnaS
Grand Villa

Awesome photos - especially you in the slide.

Really a great trip. The world is definitely an amazing place.

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote