home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-11-2019, 12:07 PM   #41
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJacksFamily View Post
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ev...tour-services/

Scroll down to the ultimate listings, the night adventure includes the avatar rides.
Thank you! About to check it out.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:10 PM   #42
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzylogic View Post
Getting 10 strangers to agree would be ok. However getting 10 ~planners~ to agree would be a task! Planners from 3 groups would have 3 spreadsheets of objectives and varying desire for specific attractions. Do you maximize the time on SWGE, spread out to FOP, MK, TT, Frozen...

So it's what - $365pp? Is that for real? $3,650 seems high. We have 10 in our group so we could fill a tour, but I thought they were in the $500-range not $multi-thousand-range.

ETA: Looking at ermindy's links, it's $349+tax for the ultimate day... but I don't see on there about the group size minimum. It looks from that page like you can buy just enough for your family.

That is a link to a different set of experiences that CaptJacksFamily mentioned. He posted the link for me to check out.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:55 PM   #43
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzylogic View Post
Getting 10 strangers to agree would be ok. However getting 10 ~planners~ to agree would be a task! Planners from 3 groups would have 3 spreadsheets of objectives and varying desire for specific attractions. Do you maximize the time on SWGE, spread out to FOP, MK, TT, Frozen...
This is for the VIP you-direct tour. No guiding, from what I can tell. Just streamlined access. It's $550/hr with a 7 hour minimum. The maths say that this is $3850, minimum. With 10 folks, that's $385 pp, minimum.

Cheers.
Old 08-11-2019, 04:08 PM   #44
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

I do wonder, though, about the pre-defined tours. Is there a minimum/maximum number of participants? For instance, if we were the only ones who paid for a particular VIP event on a specific day, would they cancel because it isnít profitable to do the event for just 2 people? And would I also risk joining a group of 20 or 30? I did see that they donít allow rider swap on the pre-defined events. So that wouldnít slow the tour down. But I would think that Disney would have a max allowable number for those events. Just curious...
Old 08-11-2019, 04:59 PM   #45
yeahdisney1
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Our last ultimate day tour had 3 full vans of people probably around 40 people, I felt it was a lot. Prior to that the ultimate tour had probably 20 people.

For the last tour there was 4 guides, I felt that they decided to all go together. But technically they tell you start time and which ride so I guess even if they donít put us all together only a few guests would/could get between the groups.

And pirates was down. Rock and roll was down but came back up and tower of terror was down- that was the last ride so they gave everyone a FP for that day only for a ride, not the normal one that are excluded from any ride list.
yeahdisney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 10:22 AM   #46
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Very good point helenabear about the agreement thing. With likely 4-5 separate groups comprising the bunch, it's less likely. Also, the reality is that a group larger than about 4 is really not something we like to hang with anyway, so this would not work.

But 4 large is most of 2 business class tickets from California to Europe, and I know which of those I want to spend on

Cheers.
Yeah - If I'm coughing up that much money, it won't be for Disney. Well, maybe a Disney cruise. Or a business class plane ticket. Those are cool.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:14 AM   #47
CaptJacksFamily
Grand Villa

I have heard that 40 is max but they are suppose to go in groups of 20 so as not to overwhelm the ride ops. I do believe that they all lunch together.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:29 PM   #48
hilaw
Grand Villa

Great assimilation for 36 obnoxious strangers and my obnoxious family.
hilaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 08:33 PM   #49
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Yeah - If I'm coughing up that much money, it won't be for Disney. Well, maybe a Disney cruise. Or a business class plane ticket. Those are cool.

Dirk
Yup. We're not at the cruise point in our lives (our trips are 2-5 days max at present), but we do plan to get there. Europe river cruised are top priority, but Disney have much to recommend them.

Cheers.