home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-08-2019, 08:53 PM   #511
Boundin'
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelard of Bath View Post
Now I just checked the calendar and 1/1 appears to be blackout still, also 1/2, so I don't know how that would affect the whole thing.
You'd obviously be IN the park, so I would imagine that day being a blackout day wouldn't matter since you'd already be there.
I'm just guessing, I'm not a lawyer or a doctor so don't take my advice
OK then I buy a 5 day ticket 12/31, and try to upgrade to a Gold AP on 1/4- will I get a credit of the entire 5 day price, or the unexpired portion?

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

BCV BWV BLT VGC
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 09:14 PM   #512
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundin' View Post
OK then I buy a 5 day ticket 12/31, and try to upgrade to a Gold AP on 1/4- will I get a credit of the entire 5 day price, or the unexpired portion?
You get the entire purchase price, but you are annual pass start date would be the activation date of your tickets. Essentially it's a loophole that they haven't decided to close down yet
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 10:59 AM   #513
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltony View Post
Thank you for the response! But I'm sorry, I phrased my question poorly. I meant to ask if there is a benefit to purposefully buying park tickets first and then converting them to an AP, instead of just buying an AP outright in the first place?
I would imagine the real reason or the legit reason, or the reason they had in mind, is you originally intended to come x-number of days, but then decided you had so much fun you are going to come back later this year. And Disney says, "Hey we'll let you upgrade"

I remember going to Sea World / Busch Gardens as a kid, we went one day, and they were very very willing to sell you tickets to go see their sister park, it was super cost effective. Or upgrade to a AP for a small amount.

I don't know what it's called but there's an idea in the business world that you get them now, while they are here, because if they walk away there's a huge chance they won't come back.

But in so far as the Disney AP upgrade, there is no financial incentive, in other words it's not "a deal"
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:01 PM   #514
Boundin'
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelard of Bath View Post
I would imagine the real reason or the legit reason, or the reason they had in mind, is you originally intended to come x-number of days, but then decided you had so much fun you are going to come back later this year. And Disney says, "Hey we'll let you upgrade"

I remember going to Sea World / Busch Gardens as a kid, we went one day, and they were very very willing to sell you tickets to go see their sister park, it was super cost effective. Or upgrade to a AP for a small amount.

I don't know what it's called but there's an idea in the business world that you get them now, while they are here, because if they walk away there's a huge chance they won't come back.

But in so far as the Disney AP upgrade, there is no financial incentive, in other words it's not "a deal"
For me it was getting around the blackout days. But I think some people may buy discounted tickets and then upgrade, they get the full non-discounted ticket prices as a credit, thus getting a discount on their annual pass.

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

BCV BWV BLT VGC
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 08:35 PM   #515
ggatorgirl
Two Bedroom

Default Early DVC Entry to Special Events

Can DVC members bring guests (staying on my points, but not in the same room as us) into MK at the 2 pm early entry for MVMCP, or is that limited to strictly DVC members only?

I'm guessing we can bring them in, following the practice at Member Magic nights and TOTWL, but one never knows these days with all the shifting rules and practices.

Thanks.
ggatorgirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:12 PM   #516
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggatorgirl View Post
Can DVC members bring guests (staying on my points, but not in the same room as us) into MK at the 2 pm early entry for MVMCP, or is that limited to strictly DVC members only?

I'm guessing we can bring them in, following the practice at Member Magic nights and TOTWL, but one never knows these days with all the shifting rules and practices.

Thanks.
I believe itís yourself and up to 7 guests.
Old 08-18-2019, 01:05 PM   #517
pdude81
Grand Villa

I've seen this answered before but can't find it right now.

If we have DME set up with the luggage tags but get picked up by uber or a friend at the airport instead, is there any issue with the checked bags getting where they are supposed to go?

I know the carry ons would have to travel with us, but I'm wondering if they will grab our bags if we don't scan our MB at the check in desk for MDE.

Never done this before and a friend is trying to pick us up so we save some time. I'm not sure if we save any time once having to go wait and get our bags though.
Old 08-18-2019, 06:07 PM   #518
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
I've seen this answered before but can't find it right now.

If we have DME set up with the luggage tags but get picked up by uber or a friend at the airport instead, is there any issue with the checked bags getting where they are supposed to go?

I know the carry ons would have to travel with us, but I'm wondering if they will grab our bags if we don't scan our MB at the check in desk for MDE.

Never done this before and a friend is trying to pick us up so we save some time. I'm not sure if we save any time once having to go wait and get our bags though.
Officially you are supposed to ride DME.

But the collection of bags is done before they even arrive at the carousel, so there is no way they could wait until you scan in.

The small risk you run is that if there was a problem, like your bags not being on the plane, then Disney may not go out of their way to get your bags to you. So that when you reported them missing and they see you didnít ride DME they could make you go to the airport to pick them up.

I suspect in any case they would collect them and give you a row when they delivered them!
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 08:08 PM   #519
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
Officially you are supposed to ride DME.

But the collection of bags is done before they even arrive at the carousel, so there is no way they could wait until you scan in.

The small risk you run is that if there was a problem, like your bags not being on the plane, then Disney may not go out of their way to get your bags to you. So that when you reported them missing and they see you didnít ride DME they could make you go to the airport to pick them up.

I suspect in any case they would collect them and give you a row when they delivered them!
Thanks. I figured they'd have the separate them that early, but have never tried this in practice. We have a SWGE preview on the morning of the 21st and a friend wants to pick us up to make sure we're on time. I just don't see us saving any time if we've got to go to the carousel and wait around for bags rather than just head out. Wanted to ask just in case anybody had done this recently and had any issues.
Old 08-19-2019, 02:25 AM   #520
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
Thanks. I figured they'd have the separate them that early, but have never tried this in practice. We have a SWGE preview on the morning of the 21st and a friend wants to pick us up to make sure we're on time. I just don't see us saving any time if we've got to go to the carousel and wait around for bags rather than just head out. Wanted to ask just in case anybody had done this recently and had any issues.
Lots of people do it, havenít seen any issues reported for ages. Youíll be fine!
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote