home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-27-2020, 05:48 PM   #1
CAS9RN3
Studio

Default Random DVC thoughts after all the news today

So, just thinking after all the news today. We have a DVC reservation July 3-8, which we modified from the original so we are only there a few days and not losing any points. Now random thoughts: 1. Will transportation be open or will we have to drive? Not sure how that would look because there could be DVC guests flying in and they wouldn't have a vehicle possibly. 2. Will hotel restaurants be open? Tried to get Citricos but not taking reservations at any hotels, just DS locations. I know, it's still fresh, these are just thoughts I've had since all the news. I also saw Disney will do soft openings...wondering how you find out about those? Do they email folks with reservations during the soft opening times? Thank you all for listening. Cindy
CAS9RN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 07:52 PM   #2
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Good questions CAS9RN3. We're on the edge of our seat right there with you trying to figure all this stuff out.

Where I'm Going 2020:
All Personal Travel is Under Construction
cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:03 PM   #3
all4disney
Studio

Yes, I'm right there with you too. We have a September reservation and I'm waffling about whether to keep it, sell it or reschedule it for the spring. Our points aren't in danger, so that doesn't really factor into our decision.

Could this be an opportunity to experience Disney without all the crowds? I'm okay with some things being closed if it means that we can wander the parks at a leisurely pace for once in our lives.

Is it possible that we'll be able to enjoy some quick service meals without stressing about long lines and nowhere to sit? Will the table service restaurants feel less chaotic and packed to the hilt?

Fewer options are okay with me if it means less stress.
all4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 10:59 PM   #4
Kakabel
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4disney View Post
Yes, I'm right there with you too. We have a September reservation and I'm waffling about whether to keep it, sell it or reschedule it for the spring. Our points aren't in danger, so that doesn't really factor into our decision.

Could this be an opportunity to experience Disney without all the crowds? I'm okay with some things being closed if it means that we can wander the parks at a leisurely pace for once in our lives.

Is it possible that we'll be able to enjoy some quick service meals without stressing about long lines and nowhere to sit? Will the table service restaurants feel less chaotic and packed to the hilt?

Fewer options are okay with me if it means less stress.
this is what I am hoping. if its a chance to go to WDW and be in empty parks with low lines and mostly walk ons... I am game!
Old 05-27-2020, 11:11 PM   #5
Jillt2ph
One Bedroom

I am wondering the same thing as far as food goes. I am at BLT July 3-5. Even if the monorail is running would any of the food places at those resorts be open? We moved to old Key West the fifth through seventh where I would at least expect Olivia‘s to be open. Hoping we learn something soon so I can maybe switch to old Key West for the first two nights, too, if there won’t be food at the Contemporary.

Member since 2010
Jillt2ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 12:35 AM   #6
pdude81
Grand Villa

There are no hard and fast answers, but I expect that ME will still run, but less people on the bus. This is a really good question though because I hadn't thought through it really far. This might be the trip to try driving to Florida, even though it will be unbearable with a 5 year old that will tell me hundreds of times that this trip is taking forever.

There will have to be some resort restaurants open, but they have posted in the parks blog that reservations are subject to change and cancellation. They can't fit nearly as many people in each restaurant and may not open each one, but it's not reasonable for the resorts to have no food options whatsoever. Quick service with mobile ordering at each open hotel would be a reasonable assumption, but trying to get reservations at any sit down now is going to be near impossible. I'm not sure they know to that level what might be open yet.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 12:53 AM   #7
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
There are no hard and fast answers, but I expect that ME will still run, but less people on the bus. This is a really good question though because I hadn't thought through it really far. This might be the trip to try driving to Florida, even though it will be unbearable with a 5 year old that will tell me hundreds of times that this trip is taking forever.

There will have to be some resort restaurants open, but they have posted in the parks blog that reservations are subject to change and cancellation. They can't fit nearly as many people in each restaurant and may not open each one, but it's not reasonable for the resorts to have no food options whatsoever. Quick service with mobile ordering at each open hotel would be a reasonable assumption, but trying to get reservations at any sit down now is going to be near impossible. I'm not sure they know to that level what might be open yet.
Been there, done that. You, too, will survive. We didn’t really use the handheld electronic devices back then, either. Disney sing-alongs, storybooks, games of I spy, you name it, we did it. Pretty sure I even did a few impromptu puppet shows with the stuffed animals. Anything to entertain the small troops. Fun times!
Old 05-28-2020, 06:01 AM   #8
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

We still are not going to WDW this year. Next trip is booked in March 2021. We will know just how this virus is behaving by then.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:23 AM   #9
The Crusher
Studio

We canceled a July week and an October week as well. Next trip back is in February 2021. All borrowed points returned and a refund on the resident 3 day pass. It was the right thing to do, for us. We decided that there were too many factors present that could turn a vacation into a logistical nightmare. To us, a vacation should not be burdened with all of the restrictions that are being placed on us in order to “have a magical day”. While we understand the need for precautions, we will decide when we jump back in. We’ll miss it, for sure. But there is plenty to do in life. We’ll be back, in February, if/when the dust settles.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:57 PM   #10
PurrfectPrincess
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
We still are not going to WDW this year. Next trip is booked in March 2021. We will know just how this virus is behaving by then.
You may want to rethink taking the trip this year and not in March as I'm thinking this virus wil be an annual occurrence in late winter/spring as the flu is now.
PurrfectPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote