home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-25-2020, 10:55 AM   #1
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Default 2021 Members Cruise

2021 Member Cruise: 5-Night Western Caribbean Sailing on the Fantasy!

Set sail on the 2021 Disney Vacation Club Member Cruise to the Western Caribbean! This 5-night, round-trip Disney Cruise Line sailing departs from Port Canaveral, Florida on June 12, 2021—charting a course for fun in dazzling tropical destinations.

Along the way, delight in exclusive gifts and experiences created with Members in mind—including daily gifts delivered to your stateroom and onboard entertainment planned just for the Member Cruise.

Booking opens on May 2, 2020 at 10:00 AM Eastern Time.

Cruise Itinerary

Embark on a spectacular sailing to the Western Caribbean, with stops at 2 breathtaking islands brimming with activities for the entire family. Plus, enjoy 2 delightful days at sea—with access to signature Disney entertainment, themed dining, pools, live shows, surprises for Members and more.
Explore the scheduled itinerary for the 2021 Member Cruise to the Western Caribbean:
  • Saturday, June 12, 2021 – Depart from Port Canaveral, Florida
  • Sunday, June 13, 2021 – Enjoy a day at sea filled with unique experiences and special shows created with Members in mind
  • Monday, June 14, 2021 – Arrive in Cozumel, Mexico, an island paradise renowned for its beautiful beaches, turquoise water and protected coral reefs
  • Tuesday, June 15, 2021 – Enjoy another leisurely day at sea filled with unique experiences and special shows created with Members in mind
  • Wednesday, June 16, 2021 – Arrive at Disney Castaway Cay, a private island paradise exclusive to Disney Cruise Line
  • Thursday, June 17, 2021 – Debark in Port Canaveral, Florida
How to Book

Call Member Services at (800) 800-9800 or (407) 566-3800† beginning at 10:00 Eastern Time on Saturday, May 2, 2020 to book—before this highly anticipated cruise sells out!
Note: Member Services will be fully dedicated to Member Cruise bookings starting at 10:00 AM Eastern Time on Saturday, May 2, 2020. More details to come.
Introducing an Improved Booking Process
As we continue to improve and respond to feedback from our Members, we have adjusted our Member Cruise Booking Day process to improve our ability to quickly secure your space during your initial inbound phone call.
After your initial inbound call, a Member Services Cast Member will contact you within 72 hours of Member Cruise Booking day to finalize the payment of Points and/or cash and to fully secure the booking.
Simplify Your Booking Phone Call
To make your booking phone call go smoothly, please have information on hand about yourself and each person sailing with your party, including:
  • Member ID Number
  • First, second and third stateroom category choices—popular options sell out quickly for this event
  • Special dietary needs
  • Special medical needs
  • Castaway Club Number (provided to repeat cruisers by Disney Cruise Line)
For each person sailing on the Member Cruise, please have the following information ready:
  • Legal name and middle initial, spelled as it appears in print on appropriate citizenship documentation
  • Physical home address (no P.O boxes)
  • Home telephone number
  • Date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy)
  • Citizenship/nationality
Know Before You Book

Find out the booking information and general rules concerning this 2021 Disney Vacation Club Member Cruise. Please keep in mind that all reservations are subject to availability.
Please note:
  • Full payment is required at the time of call-back.
  • Booking requests will not be accepted by fax, email, live chat or Member Online Booking—or in person at the Disney Vacation Club Member Lounge at Epcot.
  • Additional fees may apply for recreational activities and Port Adventures.
  • Due to the unique nature of this special event, Disney Vacation Club has waived the policy of requiring at least one passenger to sail using Reservation Points. If Members would like to pay by using both cash and Reservation Points, individual passengers must be paid for by using all cash or all Reservation Points.
  • Disney Vacation Club will waive the initial transaction fee associated with booking your Disney Cruise Line reservation for this Member Cruise voyage.
  • Disney Vacation Club will accept the following methods of payment for Members not using Reservation Points to book the cruise: Disney gift card, JCB, Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. If paying by credit card, please have the credit card number, expiration date and the name that appears on the card available. Full payment is required at the time of call-back.
  • For the safety of our Guests, women who have entered their 24th week of pregnancy as of their embarkation date or who will enter their 24th week of pregnancy during the cruise will be refused passage due to safety concerns. Neither a physician's medical statement nor a waiver of liability will be able to override the policy. Disney Cruise Line and Disney Vacation Club cannot be held responsible or liable for any complications relating to pregnancy at any stage.
  • Disney Cruise Line policy prohibits infants less than 6 months of age as of embarkation date to travel.
  • Effective March 21, 2011, Members who do not purchase their Ownership Interests directly from Disney will not be able to use those Vacation Points to make reservations for the Member Cruise. If a Member wishes to pay entirely in cash, they must still own at least one Contract with Ownership Interests purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. Effective September 17, 2019, to obtain a Disney Vacation Club Membership Card, Members must accumulate a total of at least 100 Vacation Points purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc.
  • Members may book a maximum of 4 staterooms per Membership.

Last edited by tomandrobin; 02-25-2020 at 12:03 PM.
tomandrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:47 AM   #2
EEGRAM
Grand Villa

I have always wanted to take a Members Cruise but have a really hard time justifying the cost especially for a family.
Old 02-25-2020, 12:01 PM   #3
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Wink

I find it impressive that someone (not accusing!) was able to compose a 900-word announcement of a cruise without naming the ship involved! (NOW FIXED)

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)

Last edited by erikthewise; 02-25-2020 at 07:08 PM.
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 12:02 PM   #4
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEGRAM View Post
I have always wanted to take a Members Cruise but have a really hard time justifying the cost especially for a family.

We did the members cruise once. We had a great time, met some fantastic people and made some great memories. I think the price is worth paying to try once, but after going once I have never felt the need to do it again.
Old 02-25-2020, 12:03 PM   #5
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
I find it impressive that someone (not accusing!) was able to compose a 900-word announcement of a cruise without naming the ship involved!

Ha....I did not notice.
Old 02-25-2020, 12:41 PM   #6
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Is there any where to go to calculate the cost? Maybe I missed it, but seems odd to call and book blindly, not knowing how much it is.
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 01:02 PM   #7
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
Is there any where to go to calculate the cost? Maybe I missed it, but seems odd to call and book blindly, not knowing how much it is.

Here is a link to the point chart and cash price of the Member cruise. Do note that the costs are per person, double occupancy.

https://cdn1.parksmedia.wdprapps.dis...Chart-2-21.pdf
Old 02-25-2020, 01:06 PM   #8
coastak
Grand Villa

We want to do this but have never cruised with DCL before.

Couple questions-

1)Can I book for extended family? Mom, Former Brother in Law, niece and nephew? In addition to my family of 5

2) Does this count toward DCL status- meaning when I go on a regular disney cruise after this will I be silver?

3) Full payment is required over a year in advance? Am I reading that correctly?
coastak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 01:15 PM   #9
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
1)Can I book for extended family? Mom, Former Brother in Law, niece and nephew? In addition to my family of 5
Yes

Quote:
2) Does this count toward DCL status- meaning when I go on a regular disney cruise after this will I be silver?
Yes

Quote:
3) Full payment is required over a year in advance? Am I reading that correctly?
Full payment is required when making the reservation.
Old 02-25-2020, 03:08 PM   #10
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Thanks Tom. Wow, that is one pricey cruise!
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote