home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-24-2020, 07:18 PM   #1
Rigby
Grand Villa

Default November Dining Question

Today is 180 days from our next (fingers and toes!) trip and I was on it this morning right at 6 am EST to book our dining. At MK I couldn't find anything for a party of 6 for dinner except at Tony's. Is that normal for the weekend before Thanksgiving? It's our first time going at that time of year so wasn't sure what to expect. Do you think it could be that they're taking fewer reservations to maintain social distancing? Was really surprised I couldn't get anything else. We did get V&A for the four adults one night (Our first time!) but couldn't get the Victoria room. Guess if they're taking fewer reservations that one would be near impossible.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:22 PM   #2
Funantiques
Studio

Get a 4 and a 2.
Funantiques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 09:35 PM   #3
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Could be current shittiness or just that stuff isn’t loaded yet, often everything isn’t in there right at 180 days. I wouldn’t worry at this point.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 10:04 PM   #4
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Could be current shittiness or just that stuff isn’t loaded yet, often everything isn’t in there right at 180 days. I wouldn’t worry at this point.
Says the man who usually “worries” 24-36 hours before his desired reservation...
Old 05-25-2020, 12:15 AM   #5
Rigby
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funantiques View Post
Get a 4 and a 2.
Thanks for the suggestion. I saw a few places available for smaller groups just poking around but I would feel weird walking up with that reservation for a party of six. And my wife would never go for it.
Old 05-25-2020, 01:40 AM   #6
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Says the man who usually “worries” 24-36 hours before his desired reservation...

Ha, works for me... But for those who choose to plan more (or need to due to family/trip dynamics) I do indeed have experience booking 180 days out (and 180-ish) as well.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 04:10 AM   #7
Nickys
Grand Villa

If this is a party night (or a night on which a party would be expected to be in normal times), they won’t have dining after 6pm.

At the moment, until they decide whether & when parties will happen, I would expect normal procedures to apply.

Maybe you could book somewhere outside MK, at one of the monorail resorts or WL, as a backup plan just now.
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 08:21 AM   #8
Rigby
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
If this is a party night (or a night on which a party would be expected to be in normal times), they won’t have dining after 6pm.

At the moment, until they decide whether & when parties will happen, I would expect normal procedures to apply.

Maybe you could book somewhere outside MK, at one of the monorail resorts or WL, as a backup plan just now.
It is a party night. We're hoping they still have it. Not really sure how you do a parade these days but it would be our first Xmas party so hoping it goes off.
Old 05-25-2020, 10:04 AM   #9
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigby View Post
It is a party night. We're hoping they still have it. Not really sure how you do a parade these days but it would be our first Xmas party so hoping it goes off.
We're also looking at Thanksgiving week now, since half of our summer trip is cancelled (and other half probably will be too...), I see the Sunday before Thanksgiving had a party. However, now I don't see any Christmas party info on the Disney site any more….so I don't know. I would love to try one. We always miss them! We do often go the week of Thanksgiving. Last year, for the first time, Food/wind lasted through the weekend prior, and then the Fest/Holidays started that weekend after, so we got to enjoy a little bit of fun, but who knows if they're happening....

I did see availability for Sat at several restaurants for parties of 6, but not very late. Like in the 4 and 5 o'clock hours. glad to see this thread tho, so that we can start trying to get a few places. We don't make that many ADRs, but will want something for Thanksgiving Day, and we think we're staying at AKL, so may want to book a restaurant or two there. Glad to have the heads up for making reservations.
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 10:58 AM   #10
Rigby
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom3 View Post
I did see availability for Sat at several restaurants for parties of 6, but not very late. Like in the 4 and 5 o'clock hours. glad to see this thread tho, so that we can start trying to get a few places. We don't make that many ADRs, but will want something for Thanksgiving Day, and we think we're staying at AKL, so may want to book a restaurant or two there. Glad to have the heads up for making reservations.
We were looking at Friday the 20th. It was listed as a party night when the dates were still up. I'll just keep checking back hoping something opens up. Can't begin to tell you how great it felt booking stuff at Disney yesterday. Even if the whole trip goes poof it was fun to think about for a few hours. Booked Oga's, Savi's, the Brown Derby, and I'll be clocking the system waiting for Space 220 to pop up. Still not available to book that one yet. Love this stuff!