home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Yesterday, 09:52 PM   #6201
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Little Rock zoo is still closed. The Memphis Zoo did a phased reopening starting May 13. It will be interesting to see how that one goes.

And looks like St Louis Zoo is reopening on June 13th!
Love the pandas at the Memphis zoo. Wish the red pandas had been out when we were there!
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:54 PM   #6202
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I hope they rescind. Columbus zoo is one of the top rated zoos in the nation. They just expanded for this season and now they are begging for money. It's crap. Total and utter crap. Keep the zoo open. Close the indoor stuff and the food courts. But this. Makes no sense to me. Hurts that I got my zoo renewal (did it early) and the expiration is now out to Jan 2022. I'll find ways to support our zoo (love it and Jack Hanna) next year. So annoyed.
Agree. Close the indoors but outdoors with limited capacity would work. Lots of people donít want to go anywhere anyway so I donít think massive crowds are the norm...except the Ozark's....

Glad you found a bike!
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:59 PM   #6203
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
Love the pandas at the Memphis zoo. Wish the red pandas had been out when we were there!
Right now, all indoor exhibits are closed. And masks are a must at Memphis. I was encouraged by the rules for St Louis, though. Masks for anyone over 9. People who have a medical restriction/are unable to wear are exempt. Guests are allowed to lower/remove masks when socially distancing from other families outdoors or when eating/drinking. Since they are limiting capacity, and all exhibits are outdoors, this sounds reasonable. Stay at a safe distance from others and no need to wear masks.
Old Yesterday, 10:31 PM   #6204
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Right now, all indoor exhibits are closed. And masks are a must at Memphis. I was encouraged by the rules for St Louis, though. Masks for anyone over 9. People who have a medical restriction/are unable to wear are exempt. Guests are allowed to lower/remove masks when socially distancing from other families outdoors or when eating/drinking. Since they are limiting capacity, and all exhibits are outdoors, this sounds reasonable. Stay at a safe distance from others and no need to wear masks.
That does sound good. I'm trying to remember what locally was smart about it too. Even stated if you medically cannot wear, don't. Always keep distance.

New bike is an ebike. I blew out my knee when I was 16 downhill skiing. It's never been the same. Biking even became difficult. So I found one with a throttle and pedal assist too. Really good mix of it all. I made 7.8 miles of pedaling (with assist) before I just throttled home. Been years since I could go that far.
Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM   #6205
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Just saw. We can have daycares but no zoo in June here. None. I'm honestly pissed. Our zoo is suffering so bad and so much is outdoors. Grumble. What a horrible summer this is so far. We were supposed to be at WDW today too. And now we have the national guard here instead. But yeah no huge outdoor zoo....
I noticed Riverbanks Zoo in my old hometown of Columbia, SC opened to a reservation system. I do hope they are all able to open soon. I love a good zoo.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:45 PM   #6206
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I noticed Riverbanks Zoo in my old hometown of Columbia, SC opened to a reservation system. I do hope they are all able to open soon. I love a good zoo.

Dirk
The St Louis zoo will be utilizing reservations too. And socially distancing markers on the ground. In front of exhibits, naturally one wonít be able to maintain 6 feet at all times. But with everything outdoors, itís nice that there is a middle ground. And when one can maintain an adequate distance, the masks can be removed. Now that sounds very reasonable.
Old Yesterday, 10:46 PM   #6207
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
That does sound good. I'm trying to remember what locally was smart about it too. Even stated if you medically cannot wear, don't. Always keep distance.

New bike is an ebike. I blew out my knee when I was 16 downhill skiing. It's never been the same. Biking even became difficult. So I found one with a throttle and pedal assist too. Really good mix of it all. I made 7.8 miles of pedaling (with assist) before I just throttled home. Been years since I could go that far.
Iím going to google ebikes...

And thank you for reminding me that we need to do the zoo membership!