home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-26-2020, 04:06 PM   #81
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdancy View Post
Well, it's official. Our 5/31 - 6/5 trip was cancelled by Disney (luckily we found another HHI rental in Palmetto Dunes for the same time period).

I logged in to the DVC site today and saw the points returned to my account. However, they were showing a July 2019 use year - I've got 100+ points that have to be used by 7/31!? News to me

A call to member services said this should be corrected by June 5th. The cancelled points will go to a 2020 use year, so hopefully everything will be set straight, it just make take a week or two.
It's just ridiculous to get 5 days notice before check-in that your reservation is cancelled. Really Disney?

Thank you for sharing. I'm beyond frustrated with DVC. Unfortunately my stay is on banked 2018 and current 2019 points -- and I have a 4 night rental at HHI in early July on banked 2018 points. I was hoping the rental would happen, but its starting to look like I'll be refunding my renter. Dangnabit!

Where I'm Going 2020:
All Personal Travel is Under Construction
cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 04:58 PM   #82
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrdgrs View Post
It's just ridiculous to get 5 days notice before check-in that your reservation is cancelled. Really Disney?

Thank you for sharing. I'm beyond frustrated with DVC. Unfortunately my stay is on banked 2018 and current 2019 points -- and I have a 4 night rental at HHI in early July on banked 2018 points. I was hoping the rental would happen, but its starting to look like I'll be refunding my renter. Dangnabit!
Honestly 5 days is just such bad customer service that's it's indefensible (although I know they "Disney can do no wrong group will try" and I will be attacked for DARING to say "Disney isn't perfect")

And it's made worse by the fact that based on what you see on line Hilton Head basically had a packed Memorial Day weekend. Everything else seems to be open and at least half capacity.

There's no excuse for either not opening or at least being honest with their members/guests. The more I see about the DVC "communication" (or lack thereof) the more I realize it was time to get out. They don't seem to have a clue as to what customer service is right now.
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 12:58 PM   #83
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

They announced today that it's supposedly reopening on June 15th.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 01:49 PM   #84
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
They announced today that it's supposedly reopening on June 15th.
That's good news for me and my banked AUG UY 2018 points -- where was this posted or announced?

Where I'm Going 2020:
Old 05-27-2020, 02:19 PM   #85
ghafler
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrdgrs View Post
That's good news for me and my banked AUG UY 2018 points -- where was this posted or announced?
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...7a3nppcz6vxrY4

Owners since 2008. AKV and Aulani

22 Disney stays and counting at the Contemporary, Grand Floridian (Honeymoon), Boardwalk, Swan, Dolphin, Animal Kingdom Lodge (1st Trip with kids), Saratoga Springs, Kidani Village, Aulani and the Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian. 4 Disney cruises on the Dream and Fantasy. My 1st Walt Disney World Visit was in June '72 and the Most Crowded visit was on July 4th 1976.
ghafler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 02:37 PM   #86
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghafler View Post
Thank you!

Where I'm Going 2020: