home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-12-2017, 10:29 PM   #281
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
I'm looking forward to going again. I'm sure DS and FIL will enjoy the fort. It's all from such an interesting period in history, around the time of the American Revolution and when there was much tension between England & France. Just a touch later than the PoTC timeframe.
We even think DS will like it...more realistic than a museum.

Took him to a museum when he was 5...he was looking at an ancient artifact and said, rather loudly "Museums are boring!" While stamping his foot down. The guy taking a picture of some artifacts right beside us started laughing. Ok, I laughed too. We go to museums and DS and I wander through fast, DD and DH read everything. We are quite the family.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:34 PM   #282
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Sure thing, Betsy, will do. I went with no real game plan and just wandered about. That works well, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy View Post

Took him to a museum when he was 5...he was looking at an ancient artifact and said, rather loudly "Museums are boring!" While stamping his foot down. The guy taking a picture of some artifacts right beside us started laughing. Ok, I laughed too. We go to museums and DS and I wander through fast, DD and DH read everything. We are quite the family.

STP, Kelly!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:46 PM   #283
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Congratulations to your Eagles, Jeff. Impressive win.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:19 AM   #284
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy View Post

That's how I am vs G. She breezes through. I stop and look & read.

Maybe that's why I found the Louvre so boring. So much stuff, so little explanation of what it is, and what makes it significant enough to be there.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:45 AM   #285
PAJD
Grand Villa

Mornin all and happy friday Been waiting for this week to end for months!

Kelly, we're really looking forward to the comedy night. No marquis names, but it doesn't matter. As long as the comedians are funny. We are all prepared to get picked on royally. The things we'll do for our daughters...

Only been to New Orleans once for a weekend with friends when I was single Norma, so not much to add. Either way sounds like a fun way to prepare for the cruise!

Dave, you're absolutely right. You HAVE to MAKE time. There's always reasons not to do things. Find reasons TO do things. And we always file our fed return on extension. This year was an extra month. Not many states followed though, so it's a fire drill getting those out. Can't file those without the fed. Software problems caused the fed to be so late.

Eagles game was awesome last night. Very impressive win. Nobody expected them to win that game. This team may be for real. Keeping fingers crossed. They've been through a brutal stretch on the road for most of their games, and now get 10 days off before playing 3 straight at home. Can't get a better start than 4-0 in the conference and 2-0 in the division. The QB is the real deal.

Went to another fundraiser last night. This time for DS's buddy's sister who has Hodgekins Lymphoma. Great family, sweet girl. A few years older than DS. Very curable generally, so prayers for her. It was a nice night. They got a lot of support. Local ice cream shop donated 20% of the proceeds to her charity of choice.

Comedy night tonight, DS makes his confirmation tomorrow morning, softball in the afternoon, and XC on Sunday. Weather appears as though it'll cooperate. Hope you all have a great day!

MOD 122
PAJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 02:39 PM   #286
mikayla73
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
I didn't even see that STP Norma!

Hard Rock is TOTALLY local!
I almost missed it too, but when I did another post, I realized there was stuff above.

I'm some where in the middle for museums. I start off wanting to read everything, then about 1/2 way through, I want to know what it is, but don't need all the details. If it's something really curious or cool, I'll want to read it all. David is mostly a stop, look, and read.

Jeff - Sounds like it will be a fun evening and busy weekend.

Happy Friday all!
mikayla73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 11:14 PM   #287
beansprout
Grand Villa

Skipped around a bit to see what's happening to you all...

Norma, the brother story is unreal. You'll have fun ( bro won't!)

What's the scoop Brian??!

Go Pam! You'd be great for The Panel!

Nice pics Mike and Mary, and nice Broadway experience!

Dave, glad to hear the painting has begun and your taking time off for vacation!

Any word from Jenn and Dorene? thinking of those California wildfires ( and Dorene's DD's wedding too!)

Missed other topics but it's late for this gal!
beansprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 11:16 PM   #288
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Very nice on last night's fundraiser, Jeff. Hope comedy night was enjoyable this evening. Mazel Tov on your son's confirmation tomorrow!
Old 10-13-2017, 11:21 PM   #289
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansprout View Post
Skipped around a bit to see what's happening to you all...

Norma, the brother story is unreal. You'll have fun ( bro won't!)

What's the scoop Brian??!

Go Pam! You'd be great for The Panel!

Nice pics Mike and Mary, and nice Broadway experience!

Dave, glad to hear the painting has begun and your taking time off for vacation!

Any word from Jenn and Dorene? thinking of those California wildfires ( and Dorene's DD's wedding too!)

Missed other topics but it's late for this gal!

Hi Nancy!

Prayers and best wishes for Jenn and family, fires way too close to her (and her sister and parents as well) for comfort.

No news for me to report at the moment. Hopefully by Halloween. But of course, we shall see...
Old 10-14-2017, 06:23 AM   #290
jsweeney
One Bedroom

Clemson lost last night! I guess thatís why you donít play on Friday the 13th
2007: Boardwalk GV
2007-2011: Annual trips to Night of Joy
2010: Port Orleans to run Disney Half Marathon
2014: Day trip to all parks with siblings
Jan. 2017: Fort Wilderness w/DW for first time
Jan. 2018: VGC - first trip to DL!

Me: Jimmy , DW