home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-12-2017, 09:42 PM   #51
ealvarado8899
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
That I get. We just did our longest ever trip there (4 nights). The extra night/day was well worth it and made leaving less traumatic.

Cheers.
We did 16 days this summer, I will never do it again. DW and I were depressed to come back to the rat race. I am glad disney does not come in pill form... I would be pan handling on the side of the street.
2009 - Off site - Christmas
2012 - Polynesian - October
2015 - Art of Animation - Christmas week
2016 - Purchase DVC!
2016 - SSR - Thanksgiving Week
2017 - SSR - June
2017 - BWV - June
2018 - SSR - March - Spring Break

----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:52 PM   #52
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ealvarado8899 View Post
We did 16 days this summer, I will never do it again. DW and I were depressed to come back to the rat race. I am glad disney does not come in pill form... I would be pan handling on the side of the street.
Could never do that. After another couple of days from our trip I would have been dying to get back home, and even back to work. Could never do Disney for that long. I know mrs. brp feels that same way.

Cheers.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:49 AM   #53
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Could never do that. After another couple of days from our trip I would have been dying to get back home, and even back to work. Could never do Disney for that long. I know mrs. brp feels that same way.

Cheers.
Our 10 day trip was probably a little too long. We still loved it, but probably won't do again. 5-7 days is about perfect for us. 3-4 days is ideal when I'm flying solo. 29 days and counting!!!
Old 10-13-2017, 10:20 AM   #54
rowrbazzle
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
sometimes trips to the World are like child birth. Hectic and stressful while it's going on, but a year later you forget the bad stuff and remember the good stuff.

Quote:
Not for us. Every trip has been at least very good, most great. Never stressful, but sometimes hectic by choice. It's a vacation, and we treat it as such. No more, no less.

Cheers.
Much like childbirth, it's certainly more stressful when your kids are involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ealvarado8899 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Our 10 day trip was probably a little too long. We still loved it, but probably won't do again. 5-7 days is about perfect for us. 3-4 days is ideal when I'm flying solo. 29 days and counting!!!
Nobel Prize winning psychologist Daniel Kahneman says you might be better off with a one-week vacation than a two-week one. http://www.businessinsider.com/how-l...-travel-2017-7
rowrbazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:27 AM   #55
bwvBound
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrbazzle View Post
Nobel Prize winning psychologist Daniel Kahneman says you might be better off with a one-week vacation than a two-week one. http://www.businessinsider.com/how-l...-travel-2017-7
Well, sure ... multiple 1 week trips through the year are likely better than having only a single trip ... but our month-long cruise last year worked wonders for our health, relationship, internal peace, etc. It was simply marrrrrr'-velllllll-ous.
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:39 AM   #56
rowrbazzle
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwvBound View Post
Well, sure ... multiple 1 week trips through the year are likely better than having only a single trip ... but our month-long cruise last year worked wonders for our health, relationship, internal peace, etc. It was simply marrrrrr'-velllllll-ous.
It's obviously not as simple as I made it sound, and the article only hits the highlights, but one of the important caveats is what you're doing on the vacation. Two weeks of the same thing is less "valuable" in your memory than two weeks of different things. If you're cruising around to different experiences over the course of a month your memories of that will be "better" than if you're doing mostly the same things over that month. In time that month will blend together and you won't have demonstrably better memories than if you'd done it for a week (and the week is less expensive, of course). That's not to say you wouldn't have a far better experience during the month-long cruise than a week-long cruise, though. A longer vacation is almost definitely better than a shorter one while it's happening. Even as a non-cruiser, a month-long trip sounds pretty nice.

I just find this stuff interesting.
rowrbazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:54 PM   #57
jedwards
Add-on Aficionado

OP- No words just
Old 10-13-2017, 08:49 PM   #58
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Some where around our 10th trip to WDW I turned to my husband to tell him that while my aim was not to tick him off I wanted him to stop complaining. We can complain at home but on vacation - and I don't just mean Disney - the negative needs to take a vacation too. Unless he needs a band-aid I don't want to visit Guest Services, Concierge or the Front Desk. On the plane home tell me the negatives and I'll dash off an email - which I will do. Now, do I always take my own advice - no but we try not to play 'pile on'.

Life Happens: people with conditions don't check in (a constant ), relatives die, brothers roll their cars and are hospitalized under police supervision (guess why) necessitating emergency niece sleep overs, workers call requesting assistance, finance companies call for references pulling us out of a ride because the cells can never be turned off, the heater fails necessitating finding repairman long distance, storms knock out the utilities ... if we concentrate on all that happens while we're away we'd never leave home.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:06 AM   #59
smmcgarry
Banned

I have to say, we're finding little easter eggs with these annual passes. They come with free photo pass downloads (which we didn't really understand)... apparently, any photos taken are just given to us. We don't have to purchase any. They make videos out of some of them. It's pretty cool, though I'm not sure how comfortable I am with whatever technology (band/facial recognition) they are using to do this.
smmcgarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 01:23 PM   #60
DVC Doctor
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by smmcgarry View Post
You may all be interested to know...

I'm currently on hold with Disney. I'm going to appeal to them not to discipline or fire this girl. My words may not feel on death ears, but she deserves 2,3 even 5 chances. God knows I've gotten many in life.
I am glad you appealed this as I personally found the original post of "getting someone fired" a little offensive for such a minor infraction.

I also have been to WDW 100 times and still love it, but now probably visit a theme park less than 50% of the times I am there. I just enjoy the grounds, hotels, shops, restaurants, bars, theme, etc. a lot and look for places that are not too crowded. How many times can you ride some of the rides before they become boring? I tried to avoid ever feeling that way.