home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-09-2017, 05:23 PM   #21
logan115
Grand Villa

Another crowded, toasty day. Got to the IG right at the scheduled open time and bee-lined to Frozen. We couldn't cut thru so had to walk around and waited about 45 mins standby since we don't have a FP for it this trip. From there we hit our Soarin and MS FPs and has a pretty productive morning.

While DW hit Starbucks the kids and I went into the festival center (next to Universe of Energy). First time in there (for F&W) and everyone got a free piece of chocolate for going by the Ghiradelli exhibit, then picked out one other to try ($.85 per piece before DVC discount).

LC for lunch and I ate light (cheese soup and poutine) to save room for grazing later. Back at the room now and will swim/relax a bit as its hot and lines are long. Going back to Epcot later to graze/indulge in a bit.

MOD 75
logan115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:53 PM   #22
logan115
Grand Villa

Last night we hit DS. DS had a burger at Dluxe which he really enjoyed, garlic ranch dipping sauce was really good.

I tried the poutine stand which was meh at best. Found $20 on the ground in the Christmas store, was going to use that for an Uber home since it started raining but Uber wanted us to go over to the bus stop.....so with uber being $8.00 we ended up with a $15 cab ride - more proof that uber/lift will/should replace cabs in the near future.

MOD 75
Old 10-09-2017, 11:31 PM   #23
Fmer55
Add-on Aficionado

Uh, the heat can be so brutal. Pool bars are you friend. Say hi to Joe down at Leaping Libations. Get a strawberry mudslide, but only from Joe

Was just talking to the wife tonight and booked August 14th-17th as a water park trip. you making me remember the heat from 2 weeks ago has me rethinking that decision.

DH, me(Mike)MOD136, DW DD11DD8
Fmer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:59 AM   #24
logan115
Grand Villa

If you can't beat the heat, go to a water park ! Spent yesterday at TL and grabbed a bus at 10:00, the scheduled opening time. Timed the bus just right (lucky), but by the time we stopped at Swan/Dolphin then transferred at DS it was 10:30-10:40. Got a spot near the bar, then hit Miss Adventure Falls which was fun, and all 3 versions of Crush-n-Gusher with virtually no wait before it became more crowded. Lazy river, lunch, wave pool, and several other slides with low waits before leaving about 3:00. Took an Uber back for $7.00 and it was money well spent. Under 5 minutes until he got there and straight back to BWV for a quick break.

Seemed less humid and a touch cooler, but being in/by the water probably just skewed things a bit.

MOD 75
Old 10-11-2017, 09:19 AM   #25
logan115
Grand Villa

After the break, we had FPs scheduled for Epcot so headed over. Got all the way to the boarding area after designing our cars, then I saw a CM go sprinting into the ride - not good. Ride was shut down and we exited getting our MBs scanned to come back by 9:00.

DW went to Starbucks, kids went to Festival Center for Ghiradelli chocolate then MS while I camped out in the DSA by MS. I heard someone sat "There's an ambulance" and heard the siren but personally did not see it. Was bummed that we were so close but couldn't get on TT, but we kept it in perspective that some was hurt so not being able to ride it wasn't the end of the world.

Wait time once it reopened was 145 minutes from about 7:45 to 10:15, even the FP line extended 50 yards back from FP entrance so we used that FP for Soarin, then the Land at night which DS wanted to do - kinds cool at night and a little eery as the sound on our boat wasn't working. Later we rode Nemo - unsurprisingly no wait !

We grazed around F&W, DW had spanakopita in Greece which she liked and cheese soup in Canada. I had the filet in Canada, sausage in Ireland, and meat pie in Brazil (anyone see a trend ?), all were good. Kids ate in France and got their usual BLT and Ham and Cheese sandwiches.

Still pretty crowded, off to MK in a few.

MOD 75
Old 10-12-2017, 12:41 PM   #26
logan115
Grand Villa

Just got off FOP, WOW that is awesome!!!

MOD 75
Old 10-12-2017, 05:30 PM   #27
DisneyObsessed
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan115 View Post

Yep! Post FP, we rode again in stand by 2 nights in a row. This was mid September. Wait time at 8:30 (9:00 park close) was 105 minutes...took us 45 minutes both nights. So, if you really want to ride again, you might try close to closing. The last night my DH and DD7 were in line with an off duty CM. He was going to give them a FP for FOP to use for later in the trip but it was our last night.

Enjoying your trip report!
DisneyObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:42 PM   #28
LR0929
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan115 View Post
I am dying to try out FoP!! We have it fast passed at the end of October. Counting down the days

Today didn't feel as hot and humid to me, but I only walked my dog around the neighborhood so I'm not sure if my opinion counts
LR0929 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:53 PM   #29
logan115
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR0929 View Post
I am dying to try out FoP!! We have it fast passed at the end of October. Counting down the days

Today didn't feel as hot and humid to me, but I only walked my dog around the neighborhood so I'm not sure if my opinion counts
We've skipped a lot of rides this trip due to high wait times, but ended up getting in the standby line which was 2.5 hours. We really like it, and also didn't have anything else to do and everything else was 1 hr+.

Luckily it was cloudy today, while the que is really well done there isn't a ton of shade.

MOD 75
Old 10-13-2017, 04:40 PM   #30
logan115
Grand Villa

A little FP luck saving the day at DHS today. At 3pm somehow snagged a 3:50 RnR for our 4th FPand planned on going to Epcot after. Got off RnR at 4:00 and got TT at 5:30

What started out as a mediocre day has certainly turned around !

MOD 75