home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Cruise Line
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-08-2017, 02:00 PM   #1
Rigby
Two Bedroom

Default Where To Stay In Miami Before Cruise?

We just booked a cruise on The Magic out of Miami and we're looking for a nice, kid friendly, and not too expensive of a place to stay for a few nights before we sail. Appreciate any advice. Thanks!
Old 10-08-2017, 02:06 PM   #2
taccol
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigby View Post
We just booked a cruise on The Magic out of Miami and we're looking for a nice, kid friendly, and not too expensive of a place to stay for a few nights before we sail. Appreciate any advice. Thanks!
No place to recommend but maybe call the cruise line and see if they have any hotel partners. Also, we love Airbnb for our non Disney travel. God luck.
Old 10-08-2017, 02:50 PM   #3
willow13579
Studio

We stayed at the Comfort Suites near the airport. It had a free shuttle to the port and airport shuttles. It was nice enough. The room was clean, front desk staff was nice. It's somewhere we would stay again.
willow13579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:03 PM   #4
clhlaptop
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow13579 View Post
We stayed at the Comfort Suites near the airport. It had a free shuttle to the port and airport shuttles. It was nice enough. The room was clean, front desk staff was nice. It's somewhere we would stay again.
We stayed there. The room was ok but there was no place to eat dinner. Breakfast was included. There was an issues with the shuttle buses when we stayed. There were too many people and we had to wait for a bus to come. We said if we go out of Miami again we may just uber to the port.
clhlaptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:23 PM   #5
willow13579
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by clhlaptop View Post
We stayed there. The room was ok but there was no place to eat dinner. Breakfast was included. There was an issues with the shuttle buses when we stayed. There were too many people and we had to wait for a bus to come. We said if we go out of Miami again we may just uber to the port.
Valid points. It does seem to have a lot of cruisers staying there and it was really busy when we stayed as well. Lots of people heading out to the Disney Cruise with us. The breakfast bar was nuts later in the morning, but the pool was never crowded when we were there.

The front desk does have menus for a bunch of local delivery places. We had some really awesome dim sum delivered.
willow13579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:35 PM   #6
Disney54us
Grand Villa

I would check if there is Marriott Courtyard in the area. Most have shuttles available to nearby airports, shopping centers. So if it's near the port, I would assume they have a shuttle for that. Depending on which Courtyard, the one I stay in when visiting son at school does not offer 'free breakfast' but has a nice area to order breakfast, or get something to go. Then reopens at 4 (I believe) drinks and menu items like flatbreads, salads etc. did I mention drinks? They actually have a few 'original' blended drinks some are quite time consuming for them to make, that are very good. I'm usually a wine drinker and I can get a glass of Estancia, which is rare at a small hotel bar. Usually it's a house wine. My son stayed overnight at one during evacuate Irma in NC, that one did offer a free breakfast buffet. Not sure what determines which ones do or don't. That's not a factor for me. The room, the service is. I love the employees at the one I stay in, they are wonderful and have been since my first stay.
Disney54us is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:51 PM   #7
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado

We just booked a room at Holiday Inn Express for our Feb cruise. Good rate, breakfast included, shuttle to and from the airport and shuttle to and from the port for $10 pp. we checked it out on line and there are a number of restaurants in the area. It is just across from the airport.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:11 PM   #8
clhlaptop
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow13579 View Post
Valid points. It does seem to have a lot of cruisers staying there and it was really busy when we stayed as well. Lots of people heading out to the Disney Cruise with us. The breakfast bar was nuts later in the morning, but the pool was never crowded when we were there.

The front desk does have menus for a bunch of local delivery places. We had some really awesome dim sum delivered.
I wish they had offered us that. We would have loved dim sum. They told us we could get pizza and that was it. It was crazy there though the night we stayed. The breakfast crowd was not bad early but around 9 there were a lot of people. The staff was very good at refilling the breakfast items. For a free breakfast they had quite a few options.
clhlaptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:38 AM   #9
krisephillips
Studio

We stayed at Holiday Inn Port of Miami. It is right down the street from the port, is directly across from large shopping center with restaurants. There is also a pharmacy right down the street which was also convenient since we forgot sunscreen. It is reasonable priced and the rooms were clean and comfortable. Not sure of current conditions after the hurricane though.

Disney Castaway Club Member-Silver Level.
krisephillips is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:53 AM   #10
TiggerinaF
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by clhlaptop View Post
I wish they had offered us that. We would have loved dim sum. They told us we could get pizza and that was it. It was crazy there though the night we stayed. The breakfast crowd was not bad early but around 9 there were a lot of people. The staff was very good at refilling the breakfast items. For a free breakfast they had quite a few options.
Miami has lots of food Choices for Delivery and Uber Eats is available too !
Check Yelp Delivery as well.
TiggerinaF is offline   Reply With Quote