home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 10-06-2017, 03:13 PM   #711
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado
 
cmrdgrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: 12 Grimmauld Pl
Posts: 5,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneynut4sure View Post
This is first time I will be traveling with a 2rd old toddler so have no idea on this one..


The father of the the toddler asked me about car seats on magical express ? I've never noticed any but what option since we are flying and they aren't bringing her own..
The laws regarding child restraints on commercial vehicles are different from a private vehicle. It is not illegal to have your child out of a car seat when riding a charter bus, or a taxi, school bus or public transportation vehicle that transports more than 15 people. I don't even think there are seat belts on the Magical Express buses, so there would be no way to use a car seat even if they had a car seat with them.
__________________
Carolyn


Where I'm Going 2017/2018:

Monday, 12/25/17 - Tuesday, 12/26/2017 - SSR
Tuesday, 12/26/17 - Saturday, 12/30/17 - BLT
Saturday, 12/30/17 - Sunday, 01/07/18 - VGF (Running 1st 1/2 Marathon - 01/06/18)
Wednesday, 06/27/18 - Wednesday, 07/11/18 - HHI

cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:47 PM   #712
Dana
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneynut4sure View Post
This is first time I will be traveling with a 2rd old toddler so have no idea on this one..


The father of the the toddler asked me about car seats on magical express ? I've never noticed any but what option since we are flying and they aren't bringing her own..
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrdgrs View Post
The laws regarding child restraints on commercial vehicles are different from a private vehicle. It is not illegal to have your child out of a car seat when riding a charter bus, or a taxi, school bus or public transportation vehicle that transports more than 15 people. I don't even think there are seat belts on the Magical Express buses, so there would be no way to use a car seat even if they had a car seat with them.
They do have seat belts on DME. We've never felt the need to use them even with toddlers, but they are there if you are would like to use them.
Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:27 PM   #713
willow13579
Studio
 
willow13579's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Ohio
Posts: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
They do have seat belts on DME. We've never felt the need to use them even with toddlers, but they are there if you are would like to use them.
I'm not sure if all DME busses have them. I'm pretty sure the one we were on on our way to DW last trip didn't have them because I always buckle up and couldn't (only reason it stood out to me).

.DME doesn't allow car seats. They have to be stowed for the ride.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/fa...gical-express/
willow13579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:54 AM   #714
tiger297
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 14
Default Direct DVC Purchase:

I've heard with direct DVC purchases they will pull rooms out of inventory for your initial reservation. I'm curious if it only applicable at your home resort and if they would do that for 2 stays?

I have 2 upcoming stays and if I could get those on points that would eliminate $3K in hotel room expenses.
tiger297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:41 PM   #715
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado
 
Goofygrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger297 View Post
I've heard with direct DVC purchases they will pull rooms out of inventory for your initial reservation. I'm curious if it only applicable at your home resort and if they would do that for 2 stays?

I have 2 upcoming stays and if I could get those on points that would eliminate $3K in hotel room expenses.
It's supposed to be for your initial reservation. And depends upon availability. They won't limit to your home resort but would still need to be within the 7 month window if it wasn't and again - subject to availability.
__________________
Three Little Circles
Goofygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 02:43 PM   #716
noreen99
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 23
Default New owner question about annual passes

We already have reservations for 4 day weekend in mid January and again Memorial Day weekend.

January trip we were planning to hit universal at least one day and initially we
planned on just relaxing and exploring the dvc resorts we havenít stayed at yet. Sort of a where do we want to stay next plan. (we learned the hard way that AKV wasnít for us 5 adults in a 1 br for 8 Days during marathon @ rack rate )

Being new to DVC this is our first chance at an AP. What will happen to unused park tickets and water park options already on our magic bands?

Will I loose them if I purchase a ap? I would say we would just blow the days in January but we all have different amounts left and no way Iím going to water park in January?

If I just buy new magic bands can I stick the ap passes and these reservations there?

Any advice would be appreciated.
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 03:01 PM   #717
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado
 
Goofygrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreen99 View Post
We already have reservations for 4 day weekend in mid January and again Memorial Day weekend.

January trip we were planning to hit universal at least one day and initially we
planned on just relaxing and exploring the dvc resorts we havenít stayed at yet. Sort of a where do we want to stay next plan. (we learned the hard way that AKV wasnít for us 5 adults in a 1 br for 8 Days during marathon @ rack rate )

Being new to DVC this is our first chance at an AP. What will happen to unused park tickets and water park options already on our magic bands?

Will I loose them if I purchase a ap? I would say we would just blow the days in January but we all have different amounts left and no way Iím going to water park in January?

If I just buy new magic bands can I stick the ap passes and these reservations there?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Buying an AP will not make any other passes null and void so that parts ok. Are these tickets the old non-expiring? If not - if they are regular tickets - you can always choose to apply their value to the purchase of an AP.

Any ticket you wish to use via a MB is linked to your MDE account, not any specific MB so the problem gets to be which park entitlement the entry point uses as all MB's access your account and the tickets you have linked to it. You are supposed to be able to have Guest Service order them for use but from reports that still isn't 100%. They can place the AP to be used first but I'd recommend still verifying at some point that it hasn't used entitlements off of your other tickets. Should work fine - but verify.
__________________
Three Little Circles
Goofygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 03:13 PM   #718
LR0929
Studio
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Buying an AP will not make any other passes null and void so that parts ok. Are these tickets the old non-expiring? If not - if they are regular tickets - you can always choose to apply their value to the purchase of an AP.

Any ticket you wish to use via a MB is linked to your MDE account, not any specific MB so the problem gets to be which park entitlement the entry point uses as all MB's access your account and the tickets you have linked to it. You are supposed to be able to have Guest Service order them for use but from reports that still isn't 100%. They can place the AP to be used first but I'd recommend still verifying at some point that it hasn't used entitlements off of your other tickets. Should work fine - but verify.
Yes! Get the tickets prioritized by member services. It can be done (my husband did it). We went to guest services outside the park before entering on the first day he was going to use his pass to have them verify which entitlement would be used. It worked out perfectly.
LR0929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 03:25 PM   #719
noreen99
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Buying an AP will not make any other passes null and void so that parts ok. Are these tickets the old non-expiring? If not - if they are regular tickets .
Thanks Goofygrl

At the end of our 2012 trip I purchased each of us 10 day park hopers water park and disney quest with no expiration. Total of 4

We each have 9 water park days showing

and 2 of us still show 1 theme park ticket remaining. My oldest wonít be joining us in January or May so I can hold off on his AP for a bit.

I was planning on getting the gold pass because we all have water parks left anyway but itís seems that they give the platinum pass as the promotional deal.
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:46 AM   #720
TexasChick
Two Bedroom
 
TexasChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 604
Default

Where do you find the ad count for confirmed reservation/points available ads for a particular person on MO's? I know people are only allowed 10 per year. Thanks.
__________________
TexasChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:25 AM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.