home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 07-12-2018, 12:26 PM   #11
noreen99
One Bedroom
 
noreen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Never, never, never check the availability tool after youíve taken pain medicine and gone to bed! I did one of my OCD checks last night around 11:30pm, and there was partial availability for our November at Jambo! 1BR standard, 1BR Savannah, and 1BR club were all available for 2/4 nights! I said I didnít want to do a split stay this time. But... the codeine overruled my better judgement and I booked the Savannah View. Iíve already changed resorts 3 times now, and itís not November yet. I didnít really care for Kidani, and DH didnít either. But I really loved Jambo and wanted him to experience it for himself. So looks like I will be stalking/WL/cash paying for those other two nights. Worst case will be a split stay. Either way, do not cruise availability when youíre sleepy!
Wish I had figured out the painkiller + planning is bad. last week- push notification for round-trip flights $75. Mind you I hate the DME and cant stand the buses - the reason why we usually drive. Now we are headed down for another spilt-stay in October. Waitlists are in place, back up cash room booked and stalking has begun.

Best of luck in your hunt!
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:09 PM   #12
ermindy1133
Grand Villa
 
ermindy1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 4,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreen99 View Post
Wish I had figured out the painkiller + planning is bad. last week- push notification for round-trip flights $75. Mind you I hate the DME and cant stand the buses - the reason why we usually drive. Now we are headed down for another spilt-stay in October. Waitlists are in place, back up cash room booked and stalking has begun.

Best of luck in your hunt!
Thanks! Good luck to you too! Sometimes I think that I enjoy the challenge of stalking almost as much as the trip itself!
__________________
(ME, Mindy) (DH, Tim) (DS, Brandon) (DD, Emily, Emma, or Princess, lol!) (DSGF, Heather)
ermindy1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:09 PM   #13
littlelulu01
One Bedroom
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 268
Default

And then thereís Murphyís law. I had a September WL that hadnít filled. I had all the nights except first, September 1. Last night a room popped up at GFV. I grabbed it and borrowed. Today my Okw needed night came up. Iím just keeping the first night at GFV. Otherwise the points will go to waste. Not all bad. Going to get a deluxe dining plan for the one GFV night and try for narcoossee reservation. Might as well do one night big.
littlelulu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:21 PM   #14
ermindy1133
Grand Villa
 
ermindy1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 4,493
Default

Had the first night pop up about an hour ago for a 1 BR garden view at BWV. Feeling pretty optimistic that I will be able to piece together a really nice trip!
__________________
(ME, Mindy) (DH, Tim) (DS, Brandon) (DD, Emily, Emma, or Princess, lol!) (DSGF, Heather)
ermindy1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:41 PM   #15
mikayla73
Grand Villa
 
mikayla73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 4,760
Default

Keep stalking and good luck!
mikayla73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:15 PM   #16
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado
 
Goofygrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelulu01 View Post
And then thereís Murphyís law. I had a September WL that hadnít filled. I had all the nights except first, September 1. Last night a room popped up at GFV. I grabbed it and borrowed. Today my Okw needed night came up. Iím just keeping the first night at GFV. Otherwise the points will go to waste. Not all bad. Going to get a deluxe dining plan for the one GFV night and try for narcoossee reservation. Might as well do one night big.
You could switch to the OKW and free up current points that you would bank if you are still in your banking window.
__________________
Three Little Circles
Goofygrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 06:52 PM   #17
ermindy1133
Grand Villa
 
ermindy1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 4,493
Default

Go an email a little while ago that my WL for the 11th came thru. So as of now I have a split stay for a 1BR BWV garden view/1BR Savannah view Jambo House. Since this actually makes for a pretty nice split stay, Iím not sure if Iím going to try to get all my nights at one resort, or just leave it as is. If we leave it as is, we might add the deluxe dining plan to the first 2 days and spread the meals and snacks out over 3 days. Iím going to need to run some numbers. Either way, I suppose I should cancel that cash reservation now...
__________________
(ME, Mindy) (DH, Tim) (DS, Brandon) (DD, Emily, Emma, or Princess, lol!) (DSGF, Heather)
ermindy1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 07:07 PM   #18
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 31,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Go an email a little while ago that my WL for the 11th came thru. So as of now I have a split stay for a 1BR BWV garden view/1BR Savannah view Jambo House. Since this actually makes for a pretty nice split stay, Iím not sure if Iím going to try to get all my nights at one resort, or just leave it as is. If we leave it as is, we might add the deluxe dining plan to the first 2 days and spread the meals and snacks out over 3 days. Iím going to need to run some numbers. Either way, I suppose I should cancel that cash reservation now...

Very nice!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:36 AM   #19
mikayla73
Grand Villa
 
mikayla73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 4,760
Default

mikayla73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 06:56 AM   #20
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado
 
erikthewise's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 6,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Never, never, never check the availability tool after youíve taken pain medicine and gone to bed! I did one of my OCD checks last night around 11:30pm, and there was partial availability for our November at Jambo! 1BR standard, 1BR Savannah, and 1BR club were all available for 2/4 nights! I said I didnít want to do a split stay this time. But... the codeine overruled my better judgement and I booked the Savannah View. Iíve already changed resorts 3 times now, and itís not November yet. I didnít really care for Kidani, and DH didnít either. But I really loved Jambo and wanted him to experience it for himself. So looks like I will be stalking/WL/cash paying for those other two nights. Worst case will be a split stay. Either way, do not cruise availability when youíre sleepy!
I haven't stayed there, but I've walked the hallways. Aside from Sanaa, it feels like the world's largest dormitory.
__________________

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:09 PM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software