home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-11-2018, 12:06 PM   #31
disneyridleys
Grand Villa

Glad to hear about the animation class! DH and I did it when it was at HS, and we were sad to see it go.
Loving all your thoughts on your trip so far!
disneyridleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 01:43 PM   #32
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Back tracking a little. We did the DVC tour somewhere in the middle of the trip, and we all got three multi use FP which we could use anywhere except all on the newer rides. We had fps today for epcot, but decided to head over to the poly for a dole whip. This led to the kids thinking we should head over to MK. So after the dole whips ds2 and I took the monorail while ds1 and dh took the boat over to mk. First stop splash mountain followed by space then buzz lightyear. Those multiuse fp came in handy:-) thoughts on the day....mk was really crowded at 11:30, and there was a lot of tour groups there today. We left the park by 1 to head to epcot.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:53 PM   #33
MamaB24
Two Bedroom

Following...great start. It's always nice to hear how others enjoy non-park time. We can't get back until New Year's, so it is vicarious dreaming until then.

OKW since 2016
"Tricky fish! Tricky fish!"
MamaB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:22 PM   #34
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

DH and I was planning to head over to AoA at 5 for the art class, but somehow got sidetracked and ended up at OKW. We are thinking about an add on there (low point chart and larger rooms) but wanted to see the resort first. The resort itself is beautiful; however what I do not like is that only 3 buildings have elevators. My mother is 85, will not use a scooter, but certainly cannot go up and down3 flights of stairs multi times a day. A CM showed us a two bedroom unit there, the rooms are the largest I have seen on property, the layout reminded me a bit of HHI. The deck was a full size deck and overlooked the golf course. I think for our family the scale tips to SSR for an add on only because of the elevators and the ability to walk to DS.
Another thing we did different this year...we got the deluxe dining plan for the first part of the trip....this is way too much food. I got it to do the signature dining, but I would never do this again. I felt like I have to get the more expensive items - instead of my usual chicken. My take on the deluxe - great for 1 or 2 nights but no more than that.
I need to figure out how to post pictures, will try that when I get home. 4 more days before we take the auto train back home
Old 07-12-2018, 10:53 PM   #35
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Back tracking again as random thoughts come into my head. On our first day at the BCV, we saw an alligator - not a large one -in the water (the one closest to the parking lot), which we got to watch as two trappers caught and took away on our second day. It seems Disney has really tried to be on top of the gator situation since the tragedy back at the Grand Floridian a couple years ago. My heart will always break for his family.
Old 07-13-2018, 03:24 PM   #36
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Yesterday, we spent the day in epcot, we all rode soarin together came back to cape may for dinner, then the kids went back to epcot, while DH, DGM, and I went back to the room, only to find our bands were not working - back down to the lobby. No problem, I needed the extra steps after eating dinner. We walked around epcot world showcase today, kids had FP's for frozen so they went there, while DH and I listened to Guardians of the Galaxy show. It was quite good, and worth watching.

Not sure if I wrote this earlier or not, but I purchased the deluxe dining plan - will never do it again, way too much food. I think TiW is more cost effective. Next year I plan to use that the entire trip instead. We had lunch at Tepen Edo today. We usually do dinner there, but decided to change things up and have a sit down lunch instead. It was such a nice change. We had the entire room to ourselves. The chef was the best one we have had in 10 years of eating there. I plan to request him on future trips.
Old 07-14-2018, 08:23 AM   #37
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Thursday night, DH and I went for a walk around the boardwalk after dinner. We have passed by the Atlantic Dance Hall (i think that is teh name) probably a million times over the past 10 years. This time, we stopped to talk to the girl at the front, we ended up going in. The place is a hidden gem, we watched the fireworks from the deck in the back. The place is basically empty. Ironically, I noticed the sign that said 3.00 drafts - and mentioned to DH for that price in Disney they must not get too many people in there...well guess I was right
If anyone is strolling around the boardwalk at night, stroll into the Atlantic dance - sit out on the deck and watch the fireworks - great view!
Old 07-14-2018, 10:30 AM   #38
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
It's a studio for goodness sake. Even most 1 bedrooms have just one toilet!

To the OP I hope you have a good stay!
bigger issue is no 1 or 2 BDRM in the mix.
ajc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:51 PM   #39
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
Thursday night, DH and I went for a walk around the boardwalk after dinner. We have passed by the Atlantic Dance Hall (i think that is teh name) probably a million times over the past 10 years. This time, we stopped to talk to the girl at the front, we ended up going in. The place is a hidden gem, we watched the fireworks from the deck in the back. The place is basically empty. Ironically, I noticed the sign that said 3.00 drafts - and mentioned to DH for that price in Disney they must not get too many people in there...well guess I was right
If anyone is strolling around the boardwalk at night, stroll into the Atlantic dance - sit out on the deck and watch the fireworks - great view!
So cool to hear that.
Always thought about it, but havenít yet ventured in.
Didnít even know it had a back deck, which I canít even picture, yet having walked past it so many times from HS back to BC.
For sure we will now, but mums the word. Donít wonít to spoil a hidden gem!
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 06:30 PM   #40
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudieHopps View Post
So cool to hear that.
Always thought about it, but havenít yet ventured in.
Didnít even know it had a back deck, which I canít even picture, yet having walked past it so many times from HS back to BC.
For sure we will now, but mums the word. Donít wonít to spoil a hidden gem!