home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-03-2019, 04:13 PM   #51
bakerworld
Grand Villa

OK, so I guess all are aware this particular bulb is dim
  • We ask at BW to be on a upper floor and they put us on the Lobby floor, which technically would be an upper floor ... I guess.
  • All 5 times we stayed at BW we never got into our room before 4p.
  • Three of the times we stayed at BW we requested a pool view, because I enjoy a pool view, and twice the pool was being worked on so our view was a white fence.
    The one time we had a pool view that was unobstructed we were placed in a HA room with no closet, a tiny shower, which I couldn't figure out how a HA person would use, and a bathroom sick wrapped in plumbers tape so I guess a HA drove their WC into it.
DH said it was a sign that the BW wasn't for us, so everyone out there looking at the 7-month mark can breath a sigh of relief that at least one DVC person isn't in competition.

Similarly, the last time I lucked into getting a AK-J value room we were told that check-in for value rooms is 5p.
Old 12-03-2019, 06:26 PM   #52
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Man, I really want a desk job at a WDW resort. You, apparently, can tell guests any old crap. LOL! We've had a lot of moments as well.

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
DVC trip(s): Dec 19-21 AKV GV & Dec 21-28 Vistana / May 9-13, 2020 HHI / Oct 30- Nov 2 BWV
Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam, Nov 2, 2020 RCCL Mariner OTS & March 8, 2021 Celebrity Reflection
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 10:00 AM   #53
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
The resorts apparently have to do that when they change the room but they are supposed to send the correction to DVC who normally makes the update to the points within a week. Or at least that's how it's been explained to me a couple of times and it's always been corrected without a call. Longer than a week and I'd be calling though.
What happens if you don't have points available, even to borrow?

In so many ways DVC is like surfing a giant wave. You just have to trust that you'll land safely on the beach!

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 10:01 AM   #54
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
The resorts apparently have to do that when they change the room but they are supposed to send the correction to DVC who normally makes the update to the points within a week. Or at least that's how it's been explained to me a couple of times and it's always been corrected without a call. Longer than a week and I'd be calling though.

In so many ways DVC is like surfing a giant wave. Exhilarating on the top, chaos below the surface. You just have to trust that you'll land safely on the beach!

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 10:21 AM   #55
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

thanks for all the replies. I checked our account last night, and no additional points were used. However, there was strange activity.
On checkin day, Nov 23, it reads: Cancel reservation #, 189 points added to holding
Nov 24 reads: Manual adjustment to use hold points, then has the subtraction amt of 189...
We did not cancel our reservation, so I guess BWV did in order to manually put us in the pool view?
So far, no extra points were used, 189 was the orig reservation amt.
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:36 PM   #56
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post

In so many ways DVC is like surfing a giant wave. You just have to trust that you'll land safely on the beach!

Dirk
Trust while watching them like a hawk!

I don't know what would happen if there weren't points there that they could access. Perhaps they'd contact MS?
Old 12-04-2019, 03:05 PM   #57
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom3 View Post
thanks for all the replies. I checked our account last night, and no additional points were used. However, there was strange activity.
On checkin day, Nov 23, it reads: Cancel reservation #, 189 points added to holding
Nov 24 reads: Manual adjustment to use hold points, then has the subtraction amt of 189...
We did not cancel our reservation, so I guess BWV did in order to manually put us in the pool view?
So far, no extra points were used, 189 was the orig reservation amt.
Yep, that's what an exception would look like. They would have to cancel and rebook technically. At least that is what I was told when they did ours. They accidentally put the room in my husband's name and I was alone. They had to fix that when I checked at the desk.
Old 12-04-2019, 03:58 PM   #58
ajc
Grand Villa

[quote=ermindy1133;1601038]I donít think anyone is angered or offended. Iím certainly not. Just a discussion about different vacationing styles and personal preferences. My personal experience with getting my room requests is about 60%. Iím always excited when Disney is able to match what I request. Iíve also gotten the BRV dumpster view, and I was perfectly happy there too. But I have zero chance of getting what I want if I donít ask. Others here donít care as much about location/view, and thatís great too. Like resort preferences, we all approach it just a little differently.

I do NOT like the BRV dumpster view; the rattling starts at 7 AM and we are not early risers (I do enough of that during my work schedule). Also my DH is in his own scooter and even though we buy a new battery every 1.5 years it just is not as powerful as the rentals and the long trek to the elevator consumes power.
I take exception to booking 11 months out as a BRV owner and get dumpster room assignment (2 out of 4 bookings is my track record).
I have even specified anywhere except dumpster view and when I asked for a room change they gave me a lower floor 3 rooms down on the dumpster view side UGH!
sorry for the rant.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 04:37 PM   #59
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
I do NOT like the BRV dumpster view; the rattling starts at 7 AM and we are not early risers (I do enough of that during my work schedule). Also my DH is in his own scooter and even though we buy a new battery every 1.5 years it just is not as powerful as the rentals and the long trek to the elevator consumes power.
I take exception to booking 11 months out as a BRV owner and get dumpster room assignment (2 out of 4 bookings is my track record).
I have even specified anywhere except dumpster view and when I asked for a room change they gave me a lower floor 3 rooms down on the dumpster view side UGH!
sorry for the rant.
Wow! Now I would be unhappy with that too. I would request ďclose to elevatorsĒ or something like that. And if there is room for comments, explain why. Thatís really almost more medical than not. If he needs his chair for mobility, heís not able to easily just get up and stroll to the room at the end of the hall if the battery dies, is he. Disney usually tries pretty hard to accommodate those requests, in my experience. We had a concern with a cash reservation once, related to my daughterís asthma. When I explained the problem to the reservation people, they said ďThatís not a request, itís a medical necessity. We treat those differently.Ē And they did. Best of luck for your next trip!
Old 12-04-2019, 04:49 PM   #60
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Wow! Now I would be unhappy with that too. I would request ďclose to elevatorsĒ or something like that. And if there is room for comments, explain why. Thatís really almost more medical than not. If he needs his chair for mobility, heís not able to easily just get up and stroll to the room at the end of the hall if the battery dies, is he. Disney usually tries pretty hard to accommodate those requests, in my experience. We had a concern with a cash reservation once, related to my daughterís asthma. When I explained the problem to the reservation people, they said ďThatís not a request, itís a medical necessity. We treat those differently.Ē And they did. Best of luck for your next trip!
thanks for the supportive advice; the thing was I booked 11 months out and called at 3 weeks prior to discuss with CM about room location; I guess I didn't speak to the right CM.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote