home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-27-2019, 07:27 AM   #21
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Yes on both airlines and hotels. Lower rates for non-refundability.

Stores do it to periodically where they have non-returnable things on sale.

Cheers.
Stores also do it in a back door kind of way by selling non refundable gift cards at a discount. They have your cash and you need to spend the gift card with them.
Old 11-27-2019, 07:54 AM   #22
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrycpa91 View Post
If I could find a deal like that out of Dulles or BWI I would do so in a heart beat.
Frontier flies nonstop from IAD to MCO on select days.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 03:08 PM   #23
salmoneous
Add-on Aficionado

For me recent trip we flew Frontier down and Spirit up. Decent prices out of Bradley if you can play their games. I don't think we need laws outlawing this type of airline pricing, but we should mandate a standard pricing presentation so people can comparison shop.
salmoneous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 05:00 PM   #24
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa

Iíd like to see mandatory resort fees banned. If itís not optional it should be added to price for transparency. Iíve seen them as high as $49/night in Hawaii and that doesnít include parking!
Old 11-27-2019, 05:01 PM   #25
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemax32 View Post
He's my senator, but I disagree w/ this approach. By separating out these fees, the only people that pay them are the ones that use them. Otherwise, everyone's fares go up a little to pay for a few that use the services.

Plus, it starts to take away from areas that different airlines can offer a competitive advantage. Like Spirit is really cheap if you just want to sit on the airplane somewhere & Southwest lets you check 2 bags included in your fare.

We shouldn't have laws that stymie or prohibit creativity, differentiation, and / or innovation. As long as everyone knows the potential fees when purchasing, each consumer is able to make a decision based on cost vs. value received.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 05:15 PM   #26
cali09
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
I have friends that have flown down for the day because they have an annual pass. $70 RT out of PVD on Frontier(no bags). Leave at 6am arrive at 9am, uber to the park, Uber back and fly out at 10pm home at 1am. It's usually early fall and I have already made some spec reservations to try and go for a couple nights at a time for next fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrycpa91 View Post
If I could find a deal like that out of Dulles or BWI I would do so in a heart beat.
Same here, but from SoCal it takes too long to get there and back to make a deal like that work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmoneous View Post
For me recent trip we flew Frontier down and Spirit up. Decent prices out of Bradley if you can play their games. I don't think we need laws outlawing this type of airline pricing, but we should mandate a standard pricing presentation so people can comparison shop.
^^^ THIS ^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1000monkeys View Post
Iíd like to see mandatory resort fees banned. If itís not optional it should be added to price for transparency. Iíve seen them as high as $49/night in Hawaii and that doesnít include parking!
Separate issue, but

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote