home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-19-2019, 02:55 PM   #11
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Rental prices should reflect any increases in MF though. And maybe it's me, but rooms are still sky high too....
The price of the rooms are ridiculous - I cannot believe the moderates CRO cost, although I do use them to justify staying at the Dolphin
Old 09-19-2019, 03:24 PM   #12
It's Me
Grand Villa

Holy smokes - 10% at BCV? Very interested to learn what caused that increase.

As others said, CCV owners shouldn't be too concerned. I never really followed it but would imagine it was similar for all the resorts as new inventory was released?

It's Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 03:40 PM   #13
bubster
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Me View Post
Holy smokes - 10% at BCV? Very interested to learn what caused that increase.
Me too but ultimately there’s nothing to be done about it. If this is gondola related I will be pissed tho. Our MFs should contribute $0 for the gondola system.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:40 PM   #14
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcur77 View Post
Does it necessarily mean a big increase? I mean I expect a decent increase every year but if more people are paying into the pot now shouldn't that sort of lessen the blow?
The entire pot last year wasn't just spread to those who owned. DVD would have had responsibility for the portion not yet declared.

The point about everything finished and declared is that it is getting taxed at its full potential now.
Old 09-20-2019, 06:10 AM   #15
It's Me
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubster View Post
Me too but ultimately there’s nothing to be done about it. If this is gondola related I will be pissed tho. Our MFs should contribute $0 for the gondola system.
Agreed, nothing we can do but as an owner would like to know what caused it.

So is the thinking here is the gondolas may have caused the property value to increase and therefore property taxes to increase?

I truly hope that is not the case. Especially since I hate that they run through IG. Wouldn’t then BWV have increased a lot as well? Both resorts utilize IG. I would think IG is part of the Epcot parcel of land not resort a parcel?

Will this information be included when our final disclosures are sent?

It's Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 07:17 AM   #16
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:

HOw can they shift gondola cost to BCV? it does not pick up or drop off at the resort and I never plan to step on one of them. That should be illegal. It has nothing to do with BCVor BWV, that is like shifting monorail costs to BLT, PVB and GFV
Old 09-20-2019, 07:21 AM   #17
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post

HOw can they shift gondola cost to BCV? it does not pick up or drop off at the resort and I never plan to step on one of them. That should be illegal. It has nothing to do with BCVor BWV, that is like shifting monorail costs to BLT, PVB and GFV
let's be real here... no one said that is why it happened. Even the report didn't mention that as a reason why. I think claiming it is something that isn't even on property is not wise. Something else must have gone on and who knows why. Same with why did OKW go up but not others... they have reasons and we may never know why.
Old 09-20-2019, 07:30 AM   #18
capeokw56
Grand Villa

I'm scratching my head about the increase at BRV. What's up with that?
capeokw56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 07:45 AM   #19
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
let's be real here... no one said that is why it happened. Even the report didn't mention that as a reason why. I think claiming it is something that isn't even on property is not wise. Something else must have gone on and who knows why. Same with why did OKW go up but not others... they have reasons and we may never know why.
OKW renovations probably had something to do with the increase.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:12 AM   #20
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
It’s a property tax. It’s not paying for Disney’s gondola system. Now that may show up in the maintenance fee, but the money for property taxes goes to the county not Disney

Your share of the gondola expense will be in the Disney overhead portion of your dues next year. And yes you will be paying for it. We will all be paying for it.

I expect the increase is because the price of these units has shot up. All I know is I made a lot of money selling my beach club points this year
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote