home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-22-2019, 06:54 PM   #1
Malmel
Studio

Default MS wait time?

Iíve been trying to call MS about renewing my AP, but for the last week, every time I call, the wait time is between 30-60 minutes. Anyone know whatís going on?
Old 09-23-2019, 12:36 AM   #2
Orion54
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malmel View Post
Iíve been trying to call MS about renewing my AP, but for the last week, every time I call, the wait time is between 30-60 minutes. Anyone know whatís going on?
I had the same problem. Finally got through. I asked MS why the long wait times and they didn't know either. They said they weren't busy either time. I took the survey and let them know. I would got to Disneysurvey.com/DVC and let them know too.

If only we could renew our APs online. Ugh.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:20 AM   #3
AnnaS
Grand Villa

It has been like that for a while now. I don't remember when I called last and the wait was less than 20 minutes.

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 06:32 AM   #4
EEGRAM
Grand Villa

I had the same issue a few weekends ago. 20 to 30 minute wait no matter what time i called. I tried first thing in the morning and later near closing. Same wait time. I figure DVC is is skimping on staffing the phones to cut costs or to ďencourageĒ members to use the website.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:50 AM   #5
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

haven't tried to call MS in a while. I work in customer service, and right now, we are WAY understaffed, and it's not for lack of trying to hire, just not enough applicants, not enough people wanting to be in the ultra fun world of customer service. lots of other options when economny is good. NO idea if this is happening at MS, but who knows.
hopefully they'll fix issues and get to y'all asap without too long of a wait. If I could work from home here in TN,I might consider working at it.
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 09:55 AM   #6
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom3 View Post
haven't tried to call MS in a while. I work in customer service, and right now, we are WAY understaffed, and it's not for lack of trying to hire, just not enough applicants, not enough people wanting to be in the ultra fun world of customer service. lots of other options when economny is good. NO idea if this is happening at MS, but who knows.
hopefully they'll fix issues and get to y'all asap without too long of a wait. If I could work from home here in TN,I might consider working at it.
You touched on something Iíve always wondered about. Why donít they offer to allow people to work remotely from other states? I can only imagine it would result in a larger workforce. You also may attract more qualified people who cannot move to Florida.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:08 AM   #7
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom3 View Post
It appears to me that everything at Disney is severely understaffed. I especially remember one morning at a TS breakfast, I rarely saw my server, but the poor server was always so busy!
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 09:55 PM   #8
Malmel
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
You touched on something Iíve always wondered about. Why donít they offer to allow people to work remotely from other states? I can only imagine it would result in a larger workforce. You also may attract more qualified people who cannot move to Florida.
I would apply immediately!!
Old 09-24-2019, 11:58 AM   #9
tkmjie
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

After a week of getting minimum 25-30 min wait times, this morning I finally got 2 mins.

I asked MS rep after one of the more frustrating waits and they indicated it had something to do with hurricanes.

My suspicion is that they have reduced MS staff due to availability of online services. Take the survey any time you have an unacceptable wait!