home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-29-2019, 10:52 AM   #1
CTDad
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Transferring A Reservation

I recently bought a resale contract that came loaded with points. My family and I just got back from Disney and wonít be able to use some of the points that are expiring before our next trip to Disney. So Iím trying to sell some of those points.

My question is, if I book a stay under my name is there a way to then transfer that stay to someone else? How does everyone handle the ďconfirmed reservationsĒ I see listed? I can see how I can add guests to the reservation, but is there a way to take my name off the reservation.

Thanks!
CTDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 10:56 AM   #2
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDad View Post
I recently bought a resale contract that came loaded with points. My family and I just got back from Disney and won’t be able to use some of the points that are expiring before our next trip to Disney. So I’m trying to sell some of those points.

My question is, if I book a stay under my name is there a way to then transfer that stay to someone else? How does everyone handle the “confirmed reservations” I see listed? I can see how I can add guests to the reservation, but is there a way to take my name off the reservation.

Thanks!
You can change the name on the reservation. You can edit the names online or call MS.

Just go to your Dashboard and click on the modify button for that reservation, then click on the modify details option next to the names.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 01:05 PM   #3
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

You can do most of the changes online, for changing lead members name you will have to call MS.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 03:55 PM   #4
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Yep! You have to call to change or remove the lead name. The rest can be added or removed online.
Old 06-29-2019, 05:59 PM   #5
cali09
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDad View Post
I recently bought a resale contract that came loaded with points. My family and I just got back from Disney and wonít be able to use some of the points that are expiring before our next trip to Disney. So Iím trying to sell some of those points.

Thanks!
Rent. You're renting a reservation or points.

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 01:16 PM   #6
Stuart Song
One Bedroom

You would have to MS to change the lead persons information.
Old 07-05-2019, 09:31 PM   #7
FCivish3
One Bedroom

Here is what I do.

I take the name and information of the person who I am going to transfer the reservation to and I put in their name and all of their data in the second slot. Of course I am in the first slot since I am the DVC owner.

I donít bother to fill out other peopleís info at that time.

I will sometimes also change my address and phone and email on the reservation to match up with the address and info for the people I am transferring to. You donít need to do that. I am not trying to deceive DVC, but, that way, if the cast member just removes my name, they can just put in the name of the new person, and donít also need to retype address and other info.

So I call up member services and ask them to remove my name from the number one slot and move the person that is in the second slot into the number one slot. This is easy for them to do because it is only one person. They ask if I want to add any more People at this time and I tell them no.

Then I hang up and go online to add the other people on the reservation by modifying it with the new peopleís data.

I have only transferred a reservation to non family members once or twice, but I try to make it as easy on member services as possible.

Poly, AKL, BLT

FCivish3 is offline   Reply With Quote