home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 01:36 AM   #11
RunningTink
One Bedroom

I had a reservations rented out for OKW for when SWland opens at end of Aug. My renter contacted me today and asked to move to SSR bc it’s so close to DS. I was amazed it was available. Maybe reserve the opening of SWland if you can somewhere and go to the FB rental group. I rented mine out within hours of posting it. My happy place is double what my dues are so I’m not trying to make loads of money.

Old 05-07-2019, 05:01 AM   #12
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Are they an exclusive rental company? I would list with several companies and notify others once it gets rented.
Old 05-07-2019, 05:44 AM   #13
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvjw View Post
SSR is fine - I used to own some points there myself. But, that doesn’t change the fact that most DVC renters aren’t looking to book SSR at the 11 month mark. That is why SSR points command a lower rental price - they are typically used at the 7 month only.

Here the thing.....its not that SSR does not rent, it does. Its more about supply and demand. Statistically, the established resorts are used around the same percentages - meaning that "x" percentage books at 11 months, "x" percentage trades out, "x" percentage doesn't get used and is rented, "x" percentage are looking to book at 7 months. So the issue is if BCV and SSR owners are looking to rent and that number is 5%......that is 151,365 points at BCV, and 701,465 points at SSR.

So its not that people are not booking at SSR vs BCV (or any other resort), its that the other resorts inventory are smaller and the overall number of availability is so much less.

By percentages, they resorts are not so different....its a matter of volume.
Old 05-07-2019, 06:41 AM   #14
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

if you want something done right, do it yourself. read the stickies and get going. there are several facebook groups that have produced rentals for me recently.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Black Jack, and Chippy )
Old 05-07-2019, 08:23 AM   #15
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCERSINCEDAY1 View Post
if you want something done right, do it yourself. read the stickies and get going. there are several facebook groups that have produced rentals for me recently.

Its the only way I roll.....
Old 05-07-2019, 08:55 AM   #16
Boundin'
Grand Villa

I recently had some distressed points expiring in Sept and David's got rid of them in 48 hours for me. I'm very happy to have them as an occasional lessor and lessee. Nothing but success using them so far.

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

BCV BWV BLT VGC
Old 05-07-2019, 10:58 AM   #17
MagicJourneys
Two Bedroom

I've rented points in the past both through David's and the DVC Rental Store. I'm on an email list where the DVC Rental Store sends me their point rental opportunities each day and whichever owners contact them first get to rent their points. I looked through the old deleted emails from them and they too have had very few SSR opportunites; the most recent that I could find was on April 25 when an opportunity was offered for 39 points in December and 33 points in January; these were snapped up right away. (The owners would have been paid $13.50 per point for these).
Old 05-07-2019, 11:16 AM   #18
Breyean
Two Bedroom

I guess I lucked out then.

I just used David's to rent out my OKW points. The day after I had them posted I just missed a rental (replied too late to their email).

Next day I was quicker and rented out 200 points for a Dec reservation at OKW.

This was last week. And it's been typical of my experiences using them the past couple of years.
Old 05-07-2019, 11:27 AM   #19
MagicJourneys
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyean View Post
I guess I lucked out then.

I just used David's to rent out my OKW points. The day after I had them posted I just missed a rental (replied too late to their email).

Next day I was quicker and rented out 200 points for a Dec reservation at OKW.

This was last week. And it's been typical of my experiences using them the past couple of years.
Judging from my daily emails from DVC Rental Store, there is hugely more demand for OKW points than for SSR points, with multiple opportunities every day.
Old 05-07-2019, 11:33 AM   #20
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Look to use them at another resort and maybe add to the 50 if need be. Rent it that way on the RTB. Weekend getaway?
Closed Thread