home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 09:50 PM   #61
DVCjj
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
We view the boats that way. And no long lines!
Old 03-30-2019, 08:01 AM   #62
carolina_yankee
Administrator

The gondolas are going to be my favorite new attraction. If they are running when we go for our personal Illuminations farewell this August, Jim needs to be prepared for me to ride the full circuit a few times.

If you never hear from me again, it's because I burnt to a crisp after lightening struck the gondola, freezing the system, baking me while wait for rescue, and my body was eaten by alligators during a failed recovery action.

But what a way to go!

Dirk

Old 03-30-2019, 08:27 AM   #63
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
The gondolas are going to be my favorite new attraction. If they are running when we go for our personal Illuminations farewell this August, Jim needs to be prepared for me to ride the full circuit a few times.

If you never hear from me again, it's because I burnt to a crisp after lightening struck the gondola, freezing the system, baking me while wait for rescue, and my body was eaten by alligators during a failed recovery action.

But what a way to go!

Dirk

I think you must have got the sequence of events wrong though!

If you are burnt to a crisp first, you donít need rescuing, other than for Jim to take home I guess. And gators prefer fresh meat AFAIK.
Old 03-30-2019, 08:43 AM   #64
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

But what a way to go!

Dirk
Hey, gators gotta eat too!
I can't wait to hear the reports about waits for the gondolas due to "all those old farts who ride them just for fun"!

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
Old 03-30-2019, 11:51 AM   #65
Crafty
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Hey, gators gotta eat too!
I can't wait to hear the reports about waits for the gondolas due to "all those old farts who ride them just for fun"!
That will be me. On our August trip, if they are open, I will take a trial ride to somewhere and back. I will, of course, have to abandon my adult daughter in EPCOT and go it alone.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:01 PM   #66
Leftcoaster
Founding Member

Quote:

But what a way to go!

Dirk
You'll be internet famous. #SoJealous

"Being a princess means so much more than wearing a tiara and a pretty dress" - Cinderellabration
Old 03-30-2019, 01:48 PM   #67
mark0157
One Bedroom

Default Not too worried

Considering I've ridden in numerous peak to peak gondolas in the mountains and I've NEVER been stuck, I'm not too worried...although it does happen.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/520834...fe-chamrousse/
Old 03-31-2019, 08:15 AM   #68
beachclubmum
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0157 View Post
Considering I've ridden in numerous peak to peak gondolas in the mountains and I've NEVER been stuck, I'm not too worried...although it does happen.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/520834...fe-chamrousse/

Yikes. Reminder to self: take a bathroom break before getting on gondola.
Old 10-14-2019, 05:07 PM   #69
OffToTheMouse
One Bedroom

Now that most of you had your fun with my post, which i do not mind as they were funny. Maybe we should share what consolations people got or should expect.
Old 10-14-2019, 05:08 PM   #70
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Instead of having a third thread going on the gondolas, I recommend conversation about that stoppage continue here:

http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=139356

Dirk

Closed Thread