home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-01-2019, 12:02 PM   #21
John_B_Hall
Studio

Anything about Hawaii yet?
John_B_Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 12:11 PM   #22
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Can anyone explain why SW has cut they NS flights in half and during the Spring the NS flights available seem to be 6A, 6P and 8P??
Old 02-01-2019, 12:47 PM   #23
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
is that $192 each?

Where are you guys flying from? Im in Houston and cheapest RT right now would be $320.
Houston to WDW is expensive, for some reason. And I live 350 miles south of Houston, where it would cost me $230 round trip pp, just to get to Houston. What is it about flying in and out of Houston?
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 03:12 PM   #24
OLDDISNUT
One Bedroom

Fares did not impress me. Southwest is getting to cost the same as other airlines when you add on the EB.
OLDDISNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 03:20 PM   #25
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
Houston to WDW is expensive, for some reason. And I live 350 miles south of Houston, where it would cost me $230 round trip pp, just to get to Houston. What is it about flying in and out of Houston?
No clue. It’s super expensive usually. Here’s an example:

Spring Break March dates booked when schedule opens: 15,221 pts HOU-MCO and 12,828 pts for MCO-HOU. This was on opening day for flights at 5am or something as soon as they loaded. The ticket prices have never dropped. The HOU-MCO portion was for an 8pm flight getting in after 11pm because of the time change. I booked it thinking we would switch to the earlier flight (5pm) when it dropped. For the record, the 5pm flight was over 26K points one way on opening day!!!

Some good...no...great news though. The 5pm flight dropped to 18k and change this morning. Shockingly, they couldn’t sell out a flight at over 26k pts for the wanna get away fare (sarcasm). Yeah, it’s more than the 8pm flight, but will arrive at MCO at 8pm instead of 11pm. It’s worth the extra points for us when traveling with kids. It was about an extra 10,500 pts total to switch to the earlier flight.

Moral to this story, flights between HOU and MCO are expensive even when they drop!!!
Old 02-01-2019, 04:58 PM   #26
pdude81
Grand Villa

Oh man, I missed the opening. Crazy week at work and I wasn't on MO much. Thanks for the heads up, Tom
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 09:46 PM   #27
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Thanks for the heads up. Waiting on Thanksgiving time.

We're going to London, and it made most sense to fly SJC-LHR on the outbound and LHR-SAN on the return (and not have them complete it back to SJC). Waiting to see what WN comes out with for Thanksgiving Sunday to compare with AS...

Cheers.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:47 PM   #28
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
Oh man, I missed the opening. Crazy week at work and I wasn't on MO much. Thanks for the heads up, Tom
I missed it until this morning too. But picked up my flights to August first thing this morning. Thanks Tom.
Old 02-01-2019, 10:47 PM   #29
pdude81
Grand Villa

Just booked a round trip that fit our current August reservations, but thankfully with Southwest I get to figure out if that changes and just switch it up in a few days. With EBCI it's still only $815 total from NJ (3 tickets). We have a toddler and I understand I don't need to pay the ransom, but it's nice being in the first 10 rows rather than grabbing one of the loud rows near the engine. Now to think about whether we will extend to do a few days at Universal (haven't been there since the late 90's) or Gatorland and Legoland.

Phew!
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 12:07 PM   #30
Fmer55
Add-on Aficionado

I got absolutely hosed.........They were supposed to open February 7th. I was away for the weekend, looked today to make sure they weere opening tomorrow and my flights are open and $670 for Rosh Hashanah. Thanks SW

DH, me(Mike)MOD136, DW DD13DD10
Fmer55 is offline   Reply With Quote