home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-27-2019, 09:40 AM   #561
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundin' View Post
I'm heading down tonight. Are there any restrictions right now on getting in to SW:GE? Is there a virtual queue, appointments needed, etc? Or can I just stroll in when I like? I know there are no FPs for the ride.
If you go during the EEMH I don't think there will be any issues getting in without a boarding group. For building droids and lightsabers know that they only allow a builder and a helper, so you may have to split up if doing any activities.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 09:47 AM   #562
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundin' View Post
I'm heading down tonight. Are there any restrictions right now on getting in to SW:GE? Is there a virtual queue, appointments needed, etc? Or can I just stroll in when I like? I know there are no FPs for the ride.
Boarding groups to enter the land have not been used since opening day (same at Disneyland).
Old 09-28-2019, 12:23 PM   #563
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

I have never done this, but I thought that we could call MS and book resorts that did not have a DVC at that location and pay cash with a discount. Example, we could book Art of Animation with a DVC discount because there is no DVC at that location.

Did I make this up? Is it something we once were able to do but no longer can? Wishful thinking on my part?

I am trying to get two nights anywhere for points or cash for late October and when I called, the only thing I was offered was BWV for $1,100+ which I declined.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 12:45 PM   #564
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
I have never done this, but I thought that we could call MS and book resorts that did not have a DVC at that location and pay cash with a discount. Example, we could book Art of Animation with a DVC discount because there is no DVC at that location.

Did I make this up? Is it something we once were able to do but no longer can? Wishful thinking on my part?

I am trying to get two nights anywhere for points or cash for late October and when I called, the only thing I was offered was BWV for $1,100+ which I declined.
Dependent on availability, DVC member can book a room at 25% of rack rate. Personally, another benefit to having an annual pass is that it will give 30 to 35% off a room. Last year I found a room via the Passholder site at CBR for $131/n.
Old 09-28-2019, 01:02 PM   #565
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
Dependent on availability, DVC member can book a room at 25% of rack rate. Personally, another benefit to having an annual pass is that it will give 30 to 35% off a room. Last year I found a room via the Passholder site at CBR for $131/n.
I thought the 25% discount applied to DVC rooms on cash. We have used that to good effect for a 1-bed because it works out cheaper than renting thanks to the discrepancy between the points “cost” and cash cost of 1-beds.

As far as I know there aren’t DVC discounts on non-DVC rooms. You would need an AP for that.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 02:32 PM   #566
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:

Might be worth a AP upgrade or try Swalfin. you can book first then apply room discount before they sell out.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 03:00 PM   #567
reblzmom
Grand Villa

Quote:

I was looking to add a night (subsequently found a BWV on points) and the Waldorf Astoria had some reasonably priced rooms. Looks very nice and I have been wanting to try the restaurant there. They have transportation to the parks, but I don't know how well it works. Check it out - it might be a decent option.
Old 09-29-2019, 07:37 AM   #568
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTravelers View Post
Why do I see some many posts {not necessairly on here...like in DVC Facebook groups} about the change to large dispenser bottles for soap and shampoo ? I mean....why on earth does that matter so much to people?
souvenir -
WDW I like the lotion - the rest I leave or use
Williamsburg VA I take the little soaps for the powder room at home and the lotion

Apparently no lotion anymore
Old 10-07-2019, 01:23 AM   #569
Boardwalk1998
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Lightbulb I have the answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardwalk1998 View Post
I've never had to sell tickets that weren't going to be used but here I am 21 years later...

I had purchased 2 Adult, 3-Day Disney Theme Park tickets with Park Hopper back in March before a price increase. They are valid for any 3 Days from 11/26/2019 - 11/30/2019. We can no longer take this family trip during Thanksgiving (our FIRST grandbaby is due 12/03/19!), so I must sell the tickets.

Is there a specific forum or board where I can post this???

I want to make sure it's allowed on MO also so I don't get kicked out

Thanks!
I called Disney Ticketing and told them about my Nov. 2019 ticket dilemma. I have another trip scheduled in April 2020 so they allowed me to put my 2 Adult Tickets (3-Day Theme Park with Park Hopper) towards my April 2020 trip. Since I purchased the tickets from UT (Undercover Tourist), all they needed was my Purchase Confirmation number from my UT purchase and linked it to my April 2020 Reservation number. As stated I purchased the tickets before a price increase so I did have to pay the difference in price to apply the tickets to my April trip. Much better than losing the money altogether as the UT representative told me when I called them

Thank you to all who responded to my question

Disney Shareholder since 1992

Disney Visa Cardholder since DAY 1
Boardwalk1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 04:41 PM   #570
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Stupid Questions Concerning Mobile Ordering:

I have not yet used mobile ordering. May give it a try next trip -- just on principle. Everyone says it's great. But I have little interest in using my phone to do something that is very simple to do without it. I don't do a lot of CS, but I've seldom experienced a long enough wait that would make mobile ordering significantly quicker than ordering in person.

-- Do you have to have location services turned on to use mobile ordering?
-- If not, what is to stop someone from ordering from e.g. Nebraska?
-- Do you have to pay in advance, or can you pay using your MB as always?
-- Do you have to pay using your phone when placing a mobile order?
-- Do most/all CS places have a separate line for mobile order pickups?

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote