home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-18-2019, 12:56 PM   #471
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
If you get it on Dec 1st 2019 it should be good til dec 31st 2020. You get the full month of the following year not an extra month.
I just called TiW this morning, and this is not correct. If you order on December 1st, 2019, it will expire on January 31, 2021. They give you the “extra month” to account for the mailing time.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:01 PM   #472
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
I just called TiW this morning, and this is not correct. If you order on December 1st, 2019, it will expire on January 31, 2021. They give you the “extra month” to account for the mailing time.
Well that's even better. I stand corrected.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:55 PM   #473
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
That's a solid benefit of ordering ahead of time. Let us know if you can after you order how long it takes to arrive in the mail.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 02:25 PM   #474
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
That's a solid benefit of ordering ahead of time. Let us know if you can after you order how long it takes to arrive in the mail.
However, they give you the extra month in person too. See my post.
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 06:45 PM   #475
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
We are going to be at WDW on January 2nd. If I want a TiW card, what’s the best strategy?

I know if I call, they’ll mail me a physical card. However, if I order it in December, then it’ll expire in December 2020 which I don’t want as we tend to go in January every year. If I wait and buy it in person on January 2nd, then it won’t expire until January 31st, 2020 which is the goal but it’ll be that paper card. Any and all advice is appreciated.
I'm confused - the concern is over the media the card is? Isn't the "paper" actually Tyvek or something similar? Pretty durable. We haven't gotten a TIW card for a few years but we always got it onsite and I never had an issue with the card.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:15 PM   #476
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
I'm confused - the concern is over the media the card is? Isn't the "paper" actually Tyvek or something similar? Pretty durable. We haven't gotten a TIW card for a few years but we always got it onsite and I never had an issue with the card.
I thought the one I got a few years back was simple paper stock, like a thick business card. Five years ago maybe? It came in this little matching folder, also made of the same paper stock. I kept it in its little folder, and it survived two weeks in my wallet with only minor wear. And I don't mean a wallet in a purse, I'm a man and I carry my wallet in my front pocket despite Disney continuing to tell me I only need to bring my band.

I love my TiW card, I keep it along with all the old tickets and stuff in a little box, the artwork is just so cool with that vintage Alice and the tea party and the big chair.
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 08:00 PM   #477
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelard of Bath View Post
I thought the one I got a few years back was simple paper stock, like a thick business card. Five years ago maybe? It came in this little matching folder, also made of the same paper stock. I kept it in its little folder, and it survived two weeks in my wallet with only minor wear. And I don't mean a wallet in a purse, I'm a man and I carry my wallet in my front pocket despite Disney continuing to tell me I only need to bring my band.

I love my TiW card, I keep it along with all the old tickets and stuff in a little box, the artwork is just so cool with that vintage Alice and the tea party and the big chair.
I'd have to dig to find our last one. I sometimes kept it in the little folder (didn't that have the list of places it was valid at?) but then started just keeping it with our AP and DVC cards. It would make it along for at least 2 trips and into the parks every day.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:58 PM   #478
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
I'd have to dig to find our last one. I sometimes kept it in the little folder (didn't that have the list of places it was valid at?) but then started just keeping it with our AP and DVC cards. It would make it along for at least 2 trips and into the parks every day.

Yep, mine lives in my wallet with DVC and AP cards. Not in the best shape, but it survives well enough. May order the plastic version sometime if I ever remember in a timely fashion.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 11:04 PM   #479
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
Well that's even better. I stand corrected.
I didn’t mean it to sound so rude in my post. You didn’t say you took offense at all, but after I re-read what I wrote, it came across as curt. Apologies.
Old 07-19-2019, 06:58 AM   #480
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
I didn’t mean it to sound so rude in my post. You didn’t say you took offense at all, but after I re-read what I wrote, it came across as curt. Apologies.
No not at all offended. I actually thought it was the other way. Info is always good.