home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-09-2019, 02:09 PM   #31
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
They are steamed ďPodsĒ (aka, Bao Buns!) filled with ground beef, cheese, ketchup, mustard and pickle.
I was thinking something like that, but wasn't sure. That actually sounds pretty good and something might kids might actually eat.
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 03:01 PM   #32
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinWonderland View Post
I was thinking something like that, but wasn't sure. That actually sounds pretty good and something might kids might actually eat.

Lose the ketchup and they sound tasty to me as well. Sometime I’ll give them a try...
Brian5581 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:54 AM   #33
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Too bad as the rice and grains made for a good base for a couple of the combinations - better than Lo Mein Noodles but oh well. I'd expect the shrimp would probably be more popular than the fish. And Cheeseburgers can still be gotten. Yes, not too drastic.
This thread inspired me to write in as the old menu had an allergy friendly brown rice. I was afraid it had gone since it was the only onion/shallot/leeks free option for me. I got a reply today stating that the brown rice is still available so if you wanted rice (though no grains) it's still an option.

I didn't have this as an option last time we went but they now are willing to cook up the hash or the noodles without for me. The greens base is still a no go with shallots, which is fine. I prefer rice anyway though I might try the noodles if they really can do onion free.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:02 AM   #34
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
This thread inspired me to write in as the old menu had an allergy friendly brown rice. I was afraid it had gone since it was the only onion/shallot/leeks free option for me. I got a reply today stating that the brown rice is still available so if you wanted rice (though no grains) it's still an option.

I didn't have this as an option last time we went but they now are willing to cook up the hash or the noodles without for me. The greens base is still a no go with shallots, which is fine. I prefer rice anyway though I might try the noodles if they really can do onion free.
Thanks for passing on that info. Thatís nice that they can be accommodating and make people with allergies or aversions to onions a custom order.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:06 AM   #35
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Iím pretty sure I got a cheese quesadilla thingy last time we ate there. Hard to mess up something that simple.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:08 AM   #36
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Lose the ketchup and they sound tasty to me as well. Sometime Iíll give them a try...
How about if they exchange the ketchup for extra cheese?
Old 01-11-2019, 11:12 AM   #37
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Iím pretty sure I got a cheese quesadilla thingy last time we ate there. Hard to mess up something that simple.
Another good option for kids too! My youngest is pickier by the day as to what she will eat. Hopefully they use a white cheese (like Monterey Jack) because she wonít eat it if itís yellow!
Old 01-11-2019, 11:33 AM   #38
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
I think that's a kids meal right? While I love cheese, I'm oddly not a huge fan of cheese quesadillas

Quote:
Thanks for passing on that info. Thatís nice that they can be accommodating and make people with allergies or aversions to onions a custom order.
I was surprised to hear of that at the QS option.

As a whole Disney is amazing with things like this though. Whether it's an intolerance or an allergy, I find Disney chefs treat it the same. It's not great that they always call it allergies for everything, but I understand why they do it (my severely lactose intolerant friend was treated like an allergy too). When discovering my onion issues, knowing that onion allergies are almost never fatal and I've never developed any kind of throat closing with it, we opted to just do the elimination test and make sure that was what my issue was.

At the time my insurance wouldn't pay for a lot of anything, so this was the suggestion. I probably should consider getting tested fully at this point, but I'm really good at avoiding it now so not sure I feel a since I have never had any kind of throat closing and only sinus and abdominal issues.. I was told to avoid a few flowers that are related to, and I admit when I'm around them my sinuses get really wacky. So as a whole even if it is just a very mild allergy versus a strong intolerance, I'm so glad they're so kind about it.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:34 AM   #39
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Another good option for kids too! My youngest is pickier by the day as to what she will eat. Hopefully they use a white cheese (like Monterey Jack) because she wonít eat it if itís yellow!
I believe it's mozzarella and cheddar. My son almost got that but then opted for the hot dog which is actually really good, and I don't even eat meat like that usually.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:47 AM   #40
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Definitely yellow cheese in there. But maybe they can substitute something for you. Good luck!