home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-21-2018, 09:52 PM   #1
NewbieMom
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Can I transfer banked points in holding?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find it in the search or documentation.

I rented points out to someone for a Sept reservation, and now he doesn't want it. That puts my points in holding. But these were banked points. I might have found someone who needs points transferred for an upcoming reservation. But I want to make sure these points are eligible for transfer.

The rules say banked points cannot be transfered. However, it also says points in holding can be transferred but remain in holding (which wouldn't matter to this person who needs it for an upcoming reservation).

So can these points be transferred?
NewbieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 09:56 PM   #2
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

No, because they are banked. If they were only holding points, they would be transferable.
Old 08-21-2018, 09:57 PM   #3
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Unfortunately no. The fact that the points are banked means they canít be transferred regardless of whether theyíre in holding.
Brian5581 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:12 PM   #4
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Agree. If they were current points in holding then yes. But banked points, even in holding, cannot be transferred. You could still book with them and rent the reservation.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:19 PM   #5
NewbieMom

Thanks for the responses! So with the points in holding, I only have 60 days from the current reservation check in? If the original reservation has check in 9/1, then I can make reservation for up to 11/1 check in?
Old 08-21-2018, 10:29 PM   #6
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieMom View Post
Thanks for the responses! So with the points in holding, I only have 60 days from the current reservation check in? If the original reservation has check in 9/1, then I can make reservation for up to 11/1 check in?
No, you can make a reservation within 60 days at any time until the points expire. If you looked right now and found availability within 60 days, you could make a reservation. You just canít make a reservation before the 60 day mark. Does that make sense?
Old 08-21-2018, 11:17 PM   #7
NewbieMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
No, you can make a reservation within 60 days at any time until the points expire. If you looked right now and found availability within 60 days, you could make a reservation. You just canít make a reservation before the 60 day mark. Does that make sense?
Ok, got it. So I'm just limited by availability within the next 60 days. Thanks!
Old 08-21-2018, 11:24 PM   #8
Stuart Song
One Bedroom

If you have another reservation, you can ask to reallocate the holding points to that reservation when it's within 60 days.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:14 AM   #9
ajc
Grand Villa

Good luck finding any 60 day reservation during F&W.
You might have better luck offering the reservation you have.
I hope you got consolation $ for the late cancellation on your rental.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:43 AM   #10
NewbieMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Song View Post
If you have another reservation, you can ask to reallocate the holding points to that reservation when it's within 60 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
Good luck finding any 60 day reservation during F&W.
You might have better luck offering the reservation you have.
Thanks for the suggestions! I will try and see which one works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
I hope you got consolation $ for the late cancellation on your rental.
Unfortunately me being a rookie renter, I only took a small deposit and booked the reservation. It was only 2 nights, but after I booked the person then said they didn't want the first night (because their flight gets in so late it'd be wasted) but would like to add a night on the end. Of course, it being F&W, there's nothing available. So he wants me to find him the extra night or return his deposit! And not just any night; no room switches, so no difference in room view/types. I'm chalking it up to a learning experience, and will try to re-rent the points in holding or the reservation and just return the deposit. I don't want to deal with waitlisting and hoping the room comes through for him (chances being so slim).