home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-18-2019, 09:11 PM   #21
CDog
Two Bedroom

My younger DS thought he had the right thing to do. He wore a cheap disposable poncho. He sat in the front row with his brother and my DW and I sat in the 2nd row. When we hit the water after the big drop, he held the hood on with both hands and ducked his head down. The only problem was as he ducked his head down he ripped the back of the cheap crappy poncho at the back of his neck. It made a funnel/scoop shape and directed the water right in. He ended up being the wettest of all of us and he thought he’d be the driest. It was hilarious!

MOD #79
CDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 01:46 PM   #22
johnb
One Bedroom

My wife makes me sit on the right side, so I take the brunt of the water cannon that shoots as you're making the 180 degree turn around the big drop. The payback? Getting backed up next to the waterfall before the Zip a Dee Doo Dah riverboat, which seems to be common. I can reach out and flick water at her.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:44 PM   #23
ffstreetdoc
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
Just rode it for the first time in a long long time and got hit smack in the face with water. Sigh.
The attraction is one of my favorites because of the story and all the animation. I KNOW it is a water attraction and you "may" get wet. I do not like the water cannon dded during the big refurb a few years back. This hits when you enter the chute for the second lift and get stalled at the left side of the big drop.

I do not mind getting splashed or sprayed at all. But when several gallons of water land in your lap and fill the seat you are sitting in it makes for an uncomfortable few hours.

My wife hates to ride it just because of that possibility. There is no way to predict if it will hit your log, or where if so.
ffstreetdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 03:33 PM   #24
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffstreetdoc View Post
The attraction is one of my favorites because of the story and all the animation. I KNOW it is a water attraction and you "may" get wet. I do not like the water cannon dded during the big refurb a few years back. This hits when you enter the chute for the second lift and get stalled at the left side of the big drop.

I do not mind getting splashed or sprayed at all. But when several gallons of water land in your lap and fill the seat you are sitting in it makes for an uncomfortable few hours.

My wife hates to ride it just because of that possibility. There is no way to predict if it will hit your log, or where if so.
One trip, I put Jim on my right thinking he would shield me but the canon and the wine alined to protect him and totally douse me. I did the reverse the next trip. Still doused while he got sprinkled. He sees it as poetic justice.

It is indeed my favorite attraction, but I would be fine for the water cannons to be an effect rather than an experience.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 05:12 PM   #25
bwvBound
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
... water cannons to be an effect rather than an experience.
Awesome way to put it. Perfect. Nailed it.
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 12:12 PM   #26
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
That’s funny! Hubby just picked out a pair of shoes for our next WDW trip. “Look! These will be perfect for Splash Mountain! Now my feet won’t stay wet all day”
We've taken to bringing slides on days we are going to ride SM, Kali River, etc... We throw the shoes and socks in a bag, wear the slides, and change back when we're done. Wet clothes are manageable and dry. Wet shoes and socks are miserable and last all day!