home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-17-2019, 09:22 AM   #1
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Default How to Waitlist

So I must admit it’s been years since I’ve waitlisted. I am going to book my home resort for Sept. 2020 next month. When do I put in a waitlist request? Is it at 7 months or can I do it before? TIA.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:34 AM   #2
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

For home resorts, it can be done at 11 months if no availability for your desired dates.
For non-home resorts, 7 months.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:35 AM   #3
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
For home resorts, it can be done at 11 months if no availability for your desired dates.
For non-home resorts, 7 months.
Thanks!!
Old 09-21-2019, 05:31 PM   #4
blueviper
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Is there any way to get a sense for how close you are to getting a waitlist? We asked last time, and the guy on the phone said no clue....but maybe there’s a “secret” way to ask a question to get an idea?

I am lucky enough to have an amazing family that loves Disney as much as I do (if not more)!
blueviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 05:50 PM   #5
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Default Another WL Question:

Back when we did everything by phone, I CM told me that every time I shifted the WL the time clock restarted and I moved to the end of the line. So, I wonder, does that me that every time I looked at it online (I'd select it and check the calendar) did I move myself to the end of the line?
Old 09-21-2019, 06:02 PM   #6
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
Back when we did everything by phone, I CM told me that every time I shifted the WL the time clock restarted and I moved to the end of the line. So, I wonder, does that me that every time I looked at it online (I'd select it and check the calendar) did I move myself to the end of the line?
Good question!!!
Old 09-22-2019, 10:31 AM   #7
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueviper View Post
Is there any way to get a sense for how close you are to getting a waitlist? We asked last time, and the guy on the phone said no clue....but maybe there’s a “secret” way to ask a question to get an idea?
I kind of wish we could see our "position". Recently I didn't ever get my WL for a VGF studio. I had been kind of hopeful, since I'd WLed on the morning at exactly 7 months. But I'd still be curious as to where I was on the very last day, when the WL expired. Were there still people in front of me? Or, with my luck, was I next on the WL, then it expired.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 12:31 PM   #8
blueviper
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
I kind of wish we could see our "position". Recently I didn't ever get my WL for a VGF studio. I had been kind of hopeful, since I'd WLed on the morning at exactly 7 months. But I'd still be curious as to where I was on the very last day, when the WL expired. Were there still people in front of me? Or, with my luck, was I next on the WL, then it expired.
Yeah, it would allow folks to plan or get a feel for the likelihood. More info is rarely a bad idea.

I am lucky enough to have an amazing family that loves Disney as much as I do (if not more)!
blueviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 01:28 PM   #9
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
You have to actually make a change to be bumped.