home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-25-2019, 09:08 AM   #1
oufpat
Two Bedroom

Default SouthWest pulling out of Newark Airport

I just read that as of November 3, Southwest will cancel all operations out of Newark Airport. I know that there are quite a view of us MouseOwners from the NJ area. This affects me because I have a flight scheduled on Dec 7. I have sent them an email requesting a refund. I have no desire to fly out of LaQuardia. What do you think my chances are of getting a refund?
oufpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 09:13 AM   #2
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by oufpat View Post
I just read that as of November 3, Southwest will cancel all operations out of Newark Airport. I know that there are quite a view of us MouseOwners from the NJ area. This affects me because I have a flight scheduled on Dec 7. I have sent them an email requesting a refund. I have no desire to fly out of LaQuardia. What do you think my chances are of getting a refund?
If arenít operating a flight that you have booked, then theyíll have to give you a refund surely?

Or are US consumer laws so c**p that they can take your money and refuse to give you what you paid for?
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 09:25 AM   #3
bigmac0712
One Bedroom

When something similar happened to us on SW, we were offered a full refund to method of payment (and if you paid in miles you can probably talk yourself into some extra ones) or accommodation on any alternate flight we wanted near the original departure/arrival locations at no extra cost.

We live in NYC, so I get not wanting to make the trek to LGA, but FWIW the new part of Terminal B that Southwest flies out of is NICE.
bigmac0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 09:52 AM   #4
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by oufpat View Post
They'll give you a refund. If they change the departure airport, they can offer to rebook you, but they cannot force you to take that flight. We had this happen to us once with United. The destination airport changed. It was about 30-45 minutes away from the original one.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:23 AM   #5
pdude81
Grand Villa

You'd either get a refund, or if you want a flight out of PHL or somewhere else you can demand they put you on that without having to pay the extra. Not sure it'll work, but worth a try. This is going to make PHL even more expensive for SW I think so BWI will be happening more often.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 11:58 AM   #6
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

That seems like a huge move for SW. I wonder why they are pulling out. Did they mention why on what you were reading?
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote