home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-13-2017, 06:14 PM   #1
KL80
Studio

Default Water Shortage and Garden Grocer

I just received an email from gardengrocer saying that they may not be able to fulfill the 2 cases of water that are on my order due to the hurricane/water shortage. I only ordered from them FOR the water so I need to cancel and order elsewhere- I'm thinking Amazon prime.
How do I go about placing that order ie What do I write in the shipping address? I've never had anything delivered from amazon to a resort. I'm staying at BCV.
Please help : )
KL80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:53 PM   #2
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL80 View Post
I just received an email from gardengrocer saying that they may not be able to fulfill the 2 cases of water that are on my order due to the hurricane/water shortage. I only ordered from them FOR the water so I need to cancel and order elsewhere- I'm thinking Amazon prime.
How do I go about placing that order ie What do I write in the shipping address? I've never had anything delivered from amazon to a resort. I'm staying at BCV.
Beach Club Villas is 1800 Epcot Resorts Blvd. Orlando FL, 32830

I looked and Prime Now has water in stock. With Prime Now you can order other foods as well (dairy and such) and not get a delivery fee. They'll deliver to you or Bell Services - whichever you specify.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:12 PM   #3
KL80
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Beach Club Villas is 1800 Epcot Resorts Blvd. Orlando FL, 32830

I looked and Prime Now has water in stock. With Prime Now you can order other foods as well (dairy and such) and not get a delivery fee. They'll deliver to you or Bell Services - whichever you specify.
Do I have to meet the delivery person to get the order? I was thinking of having it delivered a day before we arrive since we'll be arriving early the next morning and hoping for some sort of early check-in.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:13 PM   #4
Fmer55
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
When is your arrival date? I arrive next Wednesday and have not received an email yet.

DH, me(Mike)MOD136, DW DD11DD8
Fmer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:17 PM   #5
KL80
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmer55 View Post
When is your arrival date? I arrive next Wednesday and have not received an email yet.
I requested Monday delivery; arriving on Tuesday. I asked them if they would know by Friday if they would have the water for Monday delivery but she said they wouldn't know until the delivery date
Old 09-13-2017, 07:30 PM   #6
KL80
Studio

Ok I just checked out Prime Now but it doesn't allow me to postpone delivery until Monday so I think I would be nervous that they'll become out of stock by the time I can place my order on Sunday for Monday delivery
Old 09-13-2017, 07:33 PM   #7
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Do I have to meet the delivery person to get the order? I was thinking of having it delivered a day before we arrive since we'll be arriving early the next morning and hoping for some sort of early check-in.
No you do not if you do not want to. For delivery instructions just say "Leave with Bell Services at the Lobby" and it will be good for you

I wouldn't do the day before with Prime Now but you can do it for a time before you arrive if possible.

Oops just saw your post, go with Prime (regular) on amazon but be aware you might pay extra for package pick up. Some report not having to pay and others do, so I don't want to say that with 100% certainty.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:38 PM   #8
Fmer55
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
I requested Monday delivery; arriving on Tuesday. I asked them if they would know by Friday if they would have the water for Monday delivery but she said they wouldn't know until the delivery date
Was this a recent order? I placed the order on the 22th of August. Wonder if that has any bearing, or if I will receive my email in 2 days

Either way, best of luck getting your order squared away. And we have decided you don't have to worry about us at the crush of opening. We are going right to the empty part of the park.

Have a great trip

DH, me(Mike)MOD136, DW DD11DD8
Fmer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:51 PM   #9
KL80
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmer55 View Post
Was this a recent order? I placed the order on the 22th of August. Wonder if that has any bearing, or if I will receive my email in 2 days

Either way, best of luck getting your order squared away. And we have decided you don't have to worry about us at the crush of opening. We are going right to the empty part of the park.

Have a great trip
I placed my order back in July; and got the email this evening.
I called some other place called gooding's or something, and they have water in stock (a couple different brands at that) but they have a $25 delivery charge.
I just realized prime won't get my order there until the 21st. So I think I will have no choice but to try Prime Now and hope the water is still in stock when I place the order. I'll wait until Monday and place the order for Tuesday AM delivery.
and YES! a couple less people I have to worry about crammed up against me at rope drop
Have a good trip!
Old 09-13-2017, 08:36 PM   #10
Disney54us
Grand Villa

You can try Dizzy Dolphin. Though most places are just getting up and running and there are people still without power that really need water. So chains may also divert to areas that are wiped out or in need. You can ship/pack a Brita or Zero water pitcher.
Disney54us is online now   Reply With Quote