home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Disney Movies, Shows, Television, Radio, and Multimedia
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-26-2020, 09:28 PM   #1
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Smile Disney plus- what u watching?

I just got a late start on disney plus.

Im watching Miracle and its great.

What did u enjoy?

Goldi
goldilocks_63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 10:25 PM   #2
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Whats Miracle about?

Wached the new Aladdin, Lady and Tramp, Maladorian, Imagineers, original Mary Poppins, Snow White.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:51 AM   #3
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
Whats Miracle about?

The 1980 U.S. Men’s Olympic Hockey team. No spoilers, but it has a happy ending... “Do you believe in miracles? Yes!”
Brian5581 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 07:42 AM   #4
carolina_yankee
Administrator

We saw Togo last night. Very well done, and an amazing story I knew nothing about. Really needed to hug my dog throughout, but he was already at vacation camp with his best bud since we go away today. Cat couldn't figure out why we cared so much!

It's actually a very uplifting story based on an actual event, so it's no spoilers to say one need not fear doom.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 08:04 AM   #5
disneyteach
Grand Villa

Of course we watched all of the Mandalorian. I really wish Disney had another series ready to go after this one ended. We also watched the new live action Lady & the Tramp as well as Togo. Really loved Togo. My DH turned on the original Tron...DD & I checked out pretty early. The boys watched the whole thing but didn't really like it. We're on episode 4 of The Imagineering Story. I really love anything to do with Disney history/behind-the-scenes. The Pixar in Real Life is really cute. Watch the Wall-e one for sure. We also liked the Forky Asks a Question shorts, but then felt they got kinda dumb. That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure there are more. My DD(5) prefers to turn on Disney+ rather than anything else these days.
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 08:21 AM   #6
melk
Grand Villa

I really liked The Imagineering story. There’s a documentary on the Sherman Brothers that I saw years ago that I believe is on there. I want to watch that again.
melk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 08:40 AM   #7
Rozzie
Add-on Aficionado

We just watched TOGO as well last night. Such a WOW of a movie visually and emotionally. I think its one of the best movies we have seen in quite a while.

We are HUGE Mandalorian fans, and really enjoying biting off the Imagineering Story each week. We have had lots of fun visiting "from the vault" series as well. This week was Sleeping Beauty. I think I was 3 last night I saw that.
Rozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:22 AM   #8
SuzanneSLO
Grand Villa

We started with The Mandalorian, Disney Imagineering and Marvel’s Hero Project every week. Done with first 2 but the third — real life kids doing “super” things immortalized in a comic book — is still going and really good.

Watched Lady &the Tramp, Noelle and Togo. Pixar Shorts ( loved Float).

Watched oldies: Waking Sleeping Beauty, The Apple Dumpling Game, the various Witch Mountain movies.

Binge watched High School Musical: The Musical: The Series. Surprisingly entertaining.

Watched Pick of the Litter, a series documenting training of guide dogs for the blind.

Binge watched Short Circuit, Disney shorts.

Still watching One Day at Disney shorts when a new episode comes out each Friday.

Started new series: Diary of a Future President. 2 episodes in and it looks like pretty typical Disney channel fare about life in middle school, which is okay cuz we like that genre.
SuzanneSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:23 AM   #9
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Permanently Banned

i just started mandalorian last night...saw baby yoda. learning that pedro pascal was the lead convinced me. he was marvelous in NARCOS.
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:56 AM   #10
MOTed
One Bedroom

We have been enjoying many, many things on Disney+. The original programming - Togo is excellent, The Imagineering Story is a great history lesson on the Disney company, Mandalorian. Also enjoying the many classic Disney and Touchstone films. I am a bit surprised that some of the old Hayley Mills films are not there - like Summer Magic and The Moon-Spinners. Overall we’re very happy and satisfied with our Disney+ subscription and have no plans to cancel anytime soon.